Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many test draws are there for mega and ohio classic?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fairlawn, Ohio
United States
Member #76839
July 7, 2009
6 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2009, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Is there test draws for ohio's classic? I know for mega there is but I wish I knew how many and do they have post test draws also?

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
    Member #28409
    December 15, 2005
    1198 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2009, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I don't think anyone knows because they aren't published for Mega Millions.  I don't know much about Ohio's classic.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Youngstown, Oh
      United States
      Member #73257
      April 9, 2009
      16 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2009, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

I know they do test draws for Mega Millions but how many, not sure. As for classic I'm not sure if they do or not but at the rate that classic has been going I've been wondering if it's rigged. It's at a very high jackpot for a 6/49 in a high populated state.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2009, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I know they do test draws for Mega Millions but how many, not sure. As for classic I'm not sure if they do or not but at the rate that classic has been going I've been wondering if it's rigged. It's at a very high jackpot for a 6/49 in a high populated state.

It doesn't look like a high percentage of the population is playing Classic Lotto. Ohio is a Mega Millions state, the cash value of MM is much higher than the lotto jackpot, and the MM's secondary prizes are higher. There were 1.8 million Mega Millions tickets sold in Ohio on July 31.

The Ohio Lottery website only shows how much is paid out on Classic Lotto drawings and the estimated jackpot for the next drawing so we really don't know how much was wagered. However by assuming the lottery "keeps" about 50% of the wagers and the jackpot grew by $300,000 we can guess there were around 600,000 tickets sold on the August 3 drawing. We can divide the number of tickets sold by the number of the possible combinations and find out that only 4.31% of all possible combinations were sold for that drawing so that a 95.69% chance the jackpot will not be hit.

It's obvious MM has three times the play as Classic Lotto and CL's play isn't high enough to assume the jackpot should be hit. Why would anyone want to rig a game when the odds are already in their favor?

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
          Member #58857
          February 27, 2008
          112 Posts
          Posted: August 5, 2009, 10:51 am - IP Logged

For Mega Millions they have a total of five test draws.  3 pre-tests and two post-test.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19815 Posts
            Posted: August 5, 2009, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't look like a high percentage of the population is playing Classic Lotto. Ohio is a Mega Millions state, the cash value of MM is much higher than the lotto jackpot, and the MM's secondary prizes are higher. There were 1.8 million Mega Millions tickets sold in Ohio on July 31.

The Ohio Lottery website only shows how much is paid out on Classic Lotto drawings and the estimated jackpot for the next drawing so we really don't know how much was wagered. However by assuming the lottery "keeps" about 50% of the wagers and the jackpot grew by $300,000 we can guess there were around 600,000 tickets sold on the August 3 drawing. We can divide the number of tickets sold by the number of the possible combinations and find out that only 4.31% of all possible combinations were sold for that drawing so that a 95.69% chance the jackpot will not be hit.

It's obvious MM has three times the play as Classic Lotto and CL's play isn't high enough to assume the jackpot should be hit. Why would anyone want to rig a game when the odds are already in their favor?

The largest payouts lately have been on weekends so I'm guessing that's when most players buy Classic Lotto tickets.  With Monday payouts at $38,376, I'm guessing less than 300,000 tickets was sold.  At that rate it could be another year before any one hits this jackpot.

Mean while I'll keep buying a couple of tickets remembering back in '98 when I got close to winning a jackpot with 5of6 on a *$10 ticket playing the old Super Lotto game.   5of6 paid $1500 in those days too. 

*the $10 ticket was eliminated with the last system change.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking