Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virutally none of us will win a jackpot but...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by DelmarvaChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2009, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

One tip I learned from a jackpot winner from Korea is to...just let go.

The odd is staggering. And in my case it's hard not to be obsessed because of the dream numbers. (twice!) When you play, just don't think. Simply do it for fun. For me I've heard about numerous cases of dream numbers coming true. But I try not to think about them. Yeah, I try not to.

Well, it's hard to believe in intutition. For me, it didn't work that well mostly. But to some of you it might work. Anyway, don't feel bad about not winning a big one. Everyone wants to, but virtually no one wins the jackpot.

The point is not to be greedy. Just set your mind at ease and play it for fun. Playing lottery is to entertain your thought.

PS. Uh, but I wonder if I have the right to say that because it's hard not to obssess over my dream numbers! :)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Now you're on to something.

I've seen this described as "The Law of non-Attachment" or the "Law of Disassociation".

In other words it's telling people not to try so hard that they're obsessing over something.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Now you're on to something.

I've seen this described as "The Law of non-Attachment" or the "Law of Disassociation".

In other words it's telling people not to try so hard that they're obsessing over something.

I Agree!  The odds printed on the back of play slips say almost the same thing. You're lucky to win anything.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5588 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

One tip I learned from a jackpot winner from Korea is to...just let go.

The odd is staggering. And in my case it's hard not to be obsessed because of the dream numbers. (twice!) When you play, just don't think. Simply do it for fun. For me I've heard about numerous cases of dream numbers coming true. But I try not to think about them. Yeah, I try not to.

Well, it's hard to believe in intutition. For me, it didn't work that well mostly. But to some of you it might work. Anyway, don't feel bad about not winning a big one. Everyone wants to, but virtually no one wins the jackpot.

The point is not to be greedy. Just set your mind at ease and play it for fun. Playing lottery is to entertain your thought.

PS. Uh, but I wonder if I have the right to say that because it's hard not to obssess over my dream numbers! :)

You know, it's funny I was thinking about this the past week. I mentioned in another thread that I play MM for real every drawing and I post numbers for Maddog's MM and PB challenges every drawing. Since studying fja's stats I noticed that I do better in the PB chaleenge than I do in the MM challenge. I have an excel file for MM that details how many times each number plays in each position and I use that all the time to play my numbers, but I always pick my PB numbers for the challenge off the top of my head when I post them.

For Thursday's Tx 2 Step I'm playing numbers that just come to me as I write them down. Can't do any worse than I am already.

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

One of the writers that was mentioned in The Secret calls it the Law of Deatchment (that's what I was trying to think of).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

One of the writers that was mentioned in The Secret calls it the Law of Deatchment (that's what I was trying to think of).

Ok sometimes I do way too much reading and then I can't remember where I read what but anyway.....

I haven't read The Secret but I have read books about the Laws of Attraction.

I have read to put your idea out to the universe(and be as specific as possible) and then to let it go and let the universe go to work.

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #68398
              December 20, 2008
              81 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I thought The Secret was all about the law of attraction, and said that you should think less about what bothers and worries you and more about what would make you happy?

So....if you wanted to attract a lottery jackpot you should mentally live and think as if you already have the money, and not focus on the negative parts of not having the money you need/want..such as the inability to pay your bills, buy the new car etc...

Apparently I'm confused...what's the difference between the law of attraction and the law of detachment, and how they apply to The Secret?

OKLAHOMA CITY
                United States
                Member #58003
                January 27, 2008
                1 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2009, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

lol. thats whats wrong with the us and world economy. too many people living like they already won the jackpot. should win it first. put the money in a trust, and fugit bout it.

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #68398
                  December 20, 2008
                  81 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2009, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

lol. thats whats wrong with the us and world economy. too many people living like they already won the jackpot. should win it first. put the money in a trust, and fugit bout it.

"fugit bout it" lol I like it....Are you a displaced New Yorker?

Either way, I guess I didnt explain myself clearly, although I do get your point of view.  For example, if you have $50 in your account and you need $500, don't worry about the $450 you need, just instead be of a mindset that $50 is more than enough and that the universe will make a way for the $450 to appear.

I don't necessarily believe this, but this is my understanding of how "The Secret" works...and I think it's flawed, so I'm looking for some clarity because apparently I'm not understanding what I've read.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2009, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Mystical forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10345 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2009, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I thought The Secret was all about the law of attraction, and said that you should think less about what bothers and worries you and more about what would make you happy?

So....if you wanted to attract a lottery jackpot you should mentally live and think as if you already have the money, and not focus on the negative parts of not having the money you need/want..such as the inability to pay your bills, buy the new car etc...

Apparently I'm confused...what's the difference between the law of attraction and the law of detachment, and how they apply to The Secret?

DelmarvaChick

Yes, that's what The secret is about. Many of the people who were quoted in The secret and contributed to it have since written their own books.

One of them is about "detachment", not in the sense of not caring, but in the sense of not obsessing.

Lep

United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10345 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2009, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Here's a little more info....just do a search for "Law of Detachment", you'll get plenty of hits.

Here's from one of them:

The Law of Detachment says that for us to acquire anything in thephysical universe, we need to relinquish our attachment to it. Thishowever does not mean that we give up our intention to create desires.We do not give up our intent, nor do we give up desire. We just give upattachment to the outcome.

As soon as we give up this attachment, our intent, together withconcentrated focus, can be brought into physical reality; that is, cometo past. When we are attached, we become fearful and insecure. Thisusually happens when we have no or little understanding about our Self.Our Self is the source of wealth. It knows how to fulfill every need.Our Self is all knowing; having the power to create whatever we want.

Yet, many of us hanker for great financial abundance. When wemanifest, we attached a monetary value to our desires. We think we willbe happy when we have reached a million dollars or a 5-figure income.And hence, we make a goal to achieve “X” amount of dollars. However,money, designer clothes, big house, fast cars are all symbols. When wehanker for these, we are desiring the symbols but truly, we haveexchanged our Self for them.

You become disenchanted when you have put in the effort and still,your material goals do not materialize. You get anxious and becomeattached to the outcome. You wonder if your dreams are ever going tocome true. You start to give ourselves excuses about why you are nothitting our goals. These thoughts are negative energy vibrations. TheLaw Of Attraction kicks in here. The Universe obeys and reciprocateswith negative vibrations, making them true for you: you never get toattain your goals.

Continues:

http://www.attractionmindmap.com/goal-setting-with-the-law-of-detachment/

Lep

Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #68398
                          December 20, 2008
                          81 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2009, 1:00 am - IP Logged

That website provided lots more clarification.  Thanks much...Smile