Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Curse of the Lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #58528
February 18, 2008
710 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2009, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

At 4 o'clock central daylight time this afternoon the "E" channel will air  THS INVESTIGATES CURSE OF THE LOTTERY.

Personally,I don't believe there is a "curse of the lottery",but this is a fun show to watch.

United States
    Member #63763
    August 7, 2008
    40 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2009, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Yea, it's a curse.  That is, if you play a lot but don't win.

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
      Katy, Tx
      United States
      Member #67709
      December 3, 2008
      204 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2009, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

You are absolutely right Mike.  I wish they would quit running that rerun and get on with showing happy winners like the sisters in LA.   There is no Lottery Curse!!!  Its just dumb winners that can't handle money!!

Lots of luck playing all Let It All Out

Hope someone on this sight wins soon.

JoeyWhite Bounce

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22872 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2009, 12:40 am - IP Logged

lol saw that too.

There's more dirt with curses than there is with happy winner stories.

More viewers too.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2009, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I would encourage this type of curse into my life.

Think about it. It can only be an improvement.

Life right now is like the curse without the money...lol

I know.....life ain't that bad, but you know a 1000 gallon vat of 100 dollar bills pressed tightly would be nice, so you know what I mean.

The so called "Get by money"  "with some savings to spare" is noble, but the pure enjoyment of seemingly endless amounts of funds at someone's disposal is incomprehensible to most of us.

The real curse here, is not a surplus of money, but a surplus of idiots who win.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
            hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2009, 1:43 am - IP Logged

I didn't feel sorry for not one of them. When they get broke they all say this is the happniess i've been. Once you broke you don't have a choice but to live with it.Did you see the guy name Bud who got sick and died you would

have thought before he brought an airplane, he would have got himself some teeth. If and when I win my family

won't know until I died. I don't  want to worry about someone trying to kill me. I would have them thinking that I won a couple of thousand when I broke them off a little piece.

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #68398
              December 20, 2008
              81 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2009, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I didn't feel sorry for not one of them. When they get broke they all say this is the happniess i've been. Once you broke you don't have a choice but to live with it.Did you see the guy name Bud who got sick and died you would

have thought before he brought an airplane, he would have got himself some teeth. If and when I win my family

won't know until I died. I don't  want to worry about someone trying to kill me. I would have them thinking that I won a couple of thousand when I broke them off a little piece.

I think I would tell someone I won after the money was gone.  Like let's say I won 20K (small compared to million dollar jackpots, but nothing an average joe is going to give back or be disappointd with).  After taxes it's roughly 10K. I think I'd use about 500 to buy a nice meal and fix my truck. The rest would be used to pay down some of my bills. I think that if you won a small amount like this and then told people, you'd be more able to see who your "friends" really are.

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2009, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I think I would tell someone I won after the money was gone.  Like let's say I won 20K (small compared to million dollar jackpots, but nothing an average joe is going to give back or be disappointd with).  After taxes it's roughly 10K. I think I'd use about 500 to buy a nice meal and fix my truck. The rest would be used to pay down some of my bills. I think that if you won a small amount like this and then told people, you'd be more able to see who your "friends" really are.

I won $21,000 a few years ago.I didn't tell anyone that I won but the lottery released my name & town to the media.You wouldn't believe how many "shirt tail relatves" came out of the woodwork with their hands out expecting a handout.It was amazing how many people suddenly decided that they were my best friends.People are always talking about how money changes you but the only thing money changes is the people around you...it turns them into leeches. Oh,and after taxes (25% fed & 5% state) I got to keep about $14,700.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                  MI
                  United States
                  Member #54830
                  August 31, 2007
                  985 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2009, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

LOL Imagine how bad it would have been if it was $21,000,000! Though if it was that much at least you could have easily afford to have moved, heh. But yeah, it doesn't really matter the amount, if people hear you've won some money they're gonna want a piece. A lot of people have this idea that since you didn't "earn it" its your duty to spread it around and give handouts to everyone you know or have known and if you don't you've changed and become some stuck up a-hole.

You can't predict random.

DelmarvaChick's avatar - wallace
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #68398
                    December 20, 2008
                    81 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2009, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I won $21,000 a few years ago.I didn't tell anyone that I won but the lottery released my name & town to the media.You wouldn't believe how many "shirt tail relatves" came out of the woodwork with their hands out expecting a handout.It was amazing how many people suddenly decided that they were my best friends.People are always talking about how money changes you but the only thing money changes is the people around you...it turns them into leeches. Oh,and after taxes (25% fed & 5% state) I got to keep about $14,700.

That's just crazy! I can understand people not having any concept of a million dollars...but a few thousand? C'mon man...that's just, I mean really people! I've seen people waste that much on video games and cable over the course of a year...not to mention christmas. What the fizzle man.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2009, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

heheh changed? i would ask them how much money they got off me before i won lotto? zero nada zilch.!

im exactly the same , but thanks for being concerned.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297