Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Has Playing The Lottery Changed You?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 years ago by MaddMike51.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2009, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Since I've started playing the lottery I find myself doing the if/then thing. IF this THEN that or IF that THEN this. Sometimes when I am working with my numbers I feel like I am writing a computer program. When I get an almost I am encouraged because I go back to my IF-THEN. I often find myself guesstimating when a particular commercial will appear on the tv or when a commercial will appear during a tv show. There are times I will wake up from a sound sleep and the first thing I think of is number crunching. I must say that since I've started playing the lottery my thought process and attention span has improved significantly. Since I do most of my gambling on paper I can honestly say it has not cost me much in $$$$. Because the lottery is the focus of alot of my conversations, I find myself with a lower tolerance to gossip. I have become a lot more encouraging to others and have learned to actually get excited for others who win no matter how small. I've learned to view the losses as a learning experience and I've learned to listen to others and to myself.

Entertaiment Capital
    United States
    Member #37800
    April 19, 2006
    302 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2009, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Since I've started playing the lottery I find myself doing the if/then thing. IF this THEN that or IF that THEN this. Sometimes when I am working with my numbers I feel like I am writing a computer program. When I get an almost I am encouraged because I go back to my IF-THEN. I often find myself guesstimating when a particular commercial will appear on the tv or when a commercial will appear during a tv show. There are times I will wake up from a sound sleep and the first thing I think of is number crunching. I must say that since I've started playing the lottery my thought process and attention span has improved significantly. Since I do most of my gambling on paper I can honestly say it has not cost me much in $$$$. Because the lottery is the focus of alot of my conversations, I find myself with a lower tolerance to gossip. I have become a lot more encouraging to others and have learned to actually get excited for others who win no matter how small. I've learned to view the losses as a learning experience and I've learned to listen to others and to myself.

To me, it made me more and more of a daydreamer. Before 2005, I almost never played a lottery. And even after than I only play jackpot games like SLP and MM. Sometimes I wish I never had those number dreams, but sometimes the hope kept me going on. But now I realize that obsession with big jackpot is really unhealthy. A few million dollar will set 99% of people for life. Why dream about $100mil or $200mil?

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2009, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

To me, it made me more and more of a daydreamer. Before 2005, I almost never played a lottery. And even after than I only play jackpot games like SLP and MM. Sometimes I wish I never had those number dreams, but sometimes the hope kept me going on. But now I realize that obsession with big jackpot is really unhealthy. A few million dollar will set 99% of people for life. Why dream about $100mil or $200mil?

You asked "Why dream about $100mil or $200mil?"

I ask,"Why not dream about $100mil or $200mil?

My wife will be playing a scratch off ticket that has a $50,000 payoff and look at me and say,"wouldn't it be nice if I won $5,000?" I just look at her and shake my head.If you're going to dream,dream BIG!