Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont you feel they take away too much taxes..$25K - $600K Pick5

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2009, 1:28 am - IP Logged

This is how i feel...If is more than 10 million take taxes from it..But if is a $25K to $600K Pick5 they should not take taxes....

don't you feel the same way....For instance i keep forgetting that the typical american houses now costs 500K.....So if you win 500K in the lottery it leaves you with 250K after taxes....Can't even pay your house really good...

You know how many dodge charger you could had buy with $250K, all taken away from you....To me the acceptable tax for $500K should be 50,000...This people forget that if you are married with your wife and kids which most people are and she decides break up with you you all have to split that 500,000 house is going to be half yours half hers...So what are you telling me....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Texas
    United States
    Member #58739
    February 24, 2008
    59 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2009, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you, however...

taxes fund the government that protects and enables the life you live right now.

If we don't pay our government then (insert rival nation here) would march right in here and take your freedom, instead of just a few dollars that were not in your pocket in the first place.

:D

Luck is the residue of design.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2009, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Yeah but those amounts 25K-600K, they don't even make up 1% of the revenue the government gets from taxing so why tax it...

What about the American dream? again if is 10 milion or more tax it but if is 25K to 600K let people live their small American dream....

Tell me if you win 50,000 and half of it is taken away from you leaving you with 25,000, what can you do with 25K? What can you do with that? so why play in the first place...

I don't think countries want to march into the USA and take away something...The only thing they will want to take away is the Military secrets, atomic bomb secret & if they could carry with them the stock market they would had but other than than i don't think they want to march and take nothing away...

USA got a perception problem....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2009, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I believe all lotto winnings should be tax free.  Remember, the government gets 50% of all wagers before the draw.  Then they tax the winner to get even more.  They should be satisfied with the first 50%.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2009, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I believe all lotto winnings should be tax free.  Remember, the government gets 50% of all wagers before the draw.  Then they tax the winner to get even more.  They should be satisfied with the first 50%.

To me, they should collect 2 pennies more out of every dollar they collect, thus 52% of every dollar...Take those 2 pennies out of every dollar and they will have their money...And this way not have to tax half of what you win....

Set4life's avatar - 2554
            East Hampton, NY
            United States
            Member #41995
            June 25, 2006
            1137 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

all lottos should be tax free period, but thats only a dream.  Someone correct me on my history but, didnt we escape England bc of the <snip> ridiculous taxes ?  lol  now I think England got the better deal ahhaha.   They want to tax us on basically everything, but they yap and b1tch about state deficits. Where the <snip> is everyones tax money goin too???

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Monkey Butt, USA
              United States
              Member #54569
              August 23, 2007
              1124 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2009, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

all lottos should be tax free period, but thats only a dream.  Someone correct me on my history but, didnt we escape England bc of the <snip> ridiculous taxes ?  lol  now I think England got the better deal ahhaha.   They want to tax us on basically everything, but they yap and b1tch about state deficits. Where the <snip> is everyones tax money goin too???

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Into the pockets of the fat cats that run this wonderful country. I mean after all the purpose of most states having a lottery is to fund education and things along that nature. At least that what we were told before we voted yes.  Now we have to pay taxes too??? Who really wins? Not me.