Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would the winning jackpot system consist of?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2009, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I assume we are all looking that "holy grail" of systems that would get you out of debt or win you the jackpot.

Assuming you found the winning system, how would you theorize it would work?

What characteristic do you think it would have?

(I am refering to jackpot games, PB/MM to be specific)

Northern Ohio
    United States
    Member #63551
    August 1, 2008
    203 Posts
    Posted: July 16, 2009, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I'll start: It would have to have a higher "hit" frequency. That is, I'd say half the chances to win any given prize. For example, for the MM, the overall chance to win a prize would be 1 in 40; with a good system, it would be at least 1 in 20.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2009, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I'll start: It would have to have a higher "hit" frequency. That is, I'd say half the chances to win any given prize. For example, for the MM, the overall chance to win a prize would be 1 in 40; with a good system, it would be at least 1 in 20.

Most states recognize the chances are good that a player could reduce his odds of winning by a half by observing the history of past drawings so the payout amounts are adjusted accordingly.  For example, MegaMillions overall odds of winning something are 1:39.8 and the most likely prize is a 0+1 which pays $2 so if a player reduced his overall odds of winning to 1:20 he would still be spending $20 to win $2.  To break even, a player would have to reduce his overall odds of winning close to 1:2 which would be the equivalent of reducing each number pool by 500% and playing a 5/11 + 1/9 game instead of a 5/56 + 1/46 game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #24439
        October 22, 2005
        638 Posts
        Posted: July 16, 2009, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

That's a good answer.

United States
          Member #24439
          October 22, 2005
          638 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2009, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I think the winning system have to show some kind of format based on historical facts.

Amarillo, Texas
            United States
            Member #77212
            July 16, 2009
            1 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2009, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I have had a lot of success with this method.

I consider each ball a separate game.  For instance, Position One is a different game than Position Two, etc.  I make charts for each position and have had some considerable success this way.  I play one dollar per day and usually hit one or two numbers.  I frequently also miss a number by one digit.  Try this and see how it rocks your world.

Llanoman

g

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #65204
              September 20, 2008
              668 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2009, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Can you give us an example of what you might play for tonight?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2009, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I consider each ball a separate game.  For instance, Position One is a different game than Position Two, etc.  I make charts for each position and have had some considerable success this way.  I play one dollar per day and usually hit one or two numbers.  I frequently also miss a number by one digit.  Try this and see how it rocks your world.

Llanoman

g

Are you talking about a pick3/4 game rather than a jackpot type game like PB and MM?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3316 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2009, 5:26 am - IP Logged

5 winning numbers and the powerball number

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5762 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2009, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Llanoman

g

I use this method also, (if I'm understanding you right). I'll hit 1 number with it occasionally. I track each number by position and frequency of hits in each position. The problem is that while the number 2 has hit 38 times in the first position and the number 13 had hit 23 times in the second, and so on, it doesn't mean they are going to all play on the same line, or even in the same drawing. But, I play this way, along with a line of random numbers because I haven't figured out a better method.

I sure ain't going to spend 20 bucks every draw just to win 2. I play 2 lines and megaply them. I'm really just trying to hit 5 of 5 for a million.