Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about pairs

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by martyjb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tokyo
Japan
Member #71163
February 20, 2009
5 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2009, 8:49 am - IP Logged

i'm working on a system for pick-6 wherein i make 22 pairs out of 43 numbers, attach an alphabet code to each, then combine them in sets of 3, e.g. ABF, DER, etc. i've come up with 40 combinations in which the same pairing never occurs more than once - this gives me the best coverage. my question is, does anyone have good advice on how to make winning pairs of number? i've heard that numbers appear in clusters, and that deltas are usually small.

martyjb

tokyo

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7344 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2009, 10:15 am - IP Logged

i'm working on a system for pick-6 wherein i make 22 pairs out of 43 numbers, attach an alphabet code to each, then combine them in sets of 3, e.g. ABF, DER, etc. i've come up with 40 combinations in which the same pairing never occurs more than once - this gives me the best coverage. my question is, does anyone have good advice on how to make winning pairs of number? i've heard that numbers appear in clusters, and that deltas are usually small.

martyjb

tokyo

Ever notice how the total numbers (43 in your game) is not equally divisible by the numbers drawn in most pick-6 games? (6/43, 6/44, 6/49, etc.)

You would have 15 three numbers sets (but by using at least 2 of the numbers twice), you could use each set with all the other sets and create 105 combinations or you could throw out one number and have 14 sets and create 91 combinations. The key here is to get at least one set to match all three numbers or have two sets that match two numbers just to probably break even. However if you match all three numbers in one of the sets and two in another, you'll match 5 and a 4. Of course matching two sets would win you the jackpot.

If you use deltas (spreads) to determine your three number groups, there would be more than 14 or 15 sets and to win the jackpot both of those deltas would have to repeat. In other words by using deltas 2 and 3 to get your sets, matching them together to create your 6 number combos, all the combos would have two 2s and two 3s delta spreads.

Good luck and welcome to LP!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2009, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Systems forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

tokyo
        Japan
        Member #71163
        February 20, 2009
        5 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2009, 7:56 am - IP Logged

thanks!! will think it through. i know of the 3 number group system and thought i'd have better luck only trying to match 2s.