Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pickin & Grinnin

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by thor.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
thor's avatar - thor
Deep in the Woods of Texas
United States
Member #68454
December 22, 2008
328 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2009, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Just surfing the ole web this morning and found a website "lotto–pickers" that sell software for various games.

Seems like software is always a hot topic around here and was curious if anyone has ever purchased their products and how they like them?

Their top sellers list two N. Carolina products, so if anyone from NC has any experience, would be interested to hear back?

Also, any Texans since the Tx. Lotto is a "hot" seller.

Thanks!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2009, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Oh my gosh, I hope nobody wastes their money on that.  $15 for software to pick random numbers for a single game?  Just use the free quick pick tools if that's really what you want.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49618 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2009, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Just surfing the ole web this morning and found a website "lotto–pickers" that sell software for various games.

Seems like software is always a hot topic around here and was curious if anyone has ever purchased their products and how they like them?

Their top sellers list two N. Carolina products, so if anyone from NC has any experience, would be interested to hear back?

Also, any Texans since the Tx. Lotto is a "hot" seller.

Thanks!

Good Software is a Hot Topic!

They say their programs pick numbers using two different methods.

Method 1: Trends
      This method finds the numbers that win most frequently.

Method 2: Statistics
      Statistically Numbers should be drawn an equal number of times, our programs show detailed statistics and graphs of the previous winners to help you make your own predictions based upon those Statistics.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2009, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Good Software is a Hot Topic!

They say their programs pick numbers using two different methods.

Method 1: Trends
        This method finds the numbers that win most frequently.

Method 2: Statistics
        Statistically Numbers should be drawn an equal number of times, our programs show detailed statistics and graphs of the previous winners to help you make your own predictions based upon those Statistics.

Yes, good software is a indeed a hot topic.  That's why I made the comment I did.  That site is way over-priced, and there are packages that do all games in much, much more different ways for one price.  It is a rip-off to price each game individually, since there is no difference in functionality between the games.

If you're going to discuss software as a hot topic, then it should be an honest discussion.  All software is not "hot".

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
          Member #68609
          December 26, 2008
          2204 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2009, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

discussions taking place on the lottery post forums (what works what doesn't) this includes "systems" or "strategies" that suddenly become "hot" or "cold" are much more interesting than priced software, all in all there is a statistical software SAS i believe that sub-sums most "paid", it might not offer clear defined "input" and "output" and in that respect software with an easy API and form has a value (for folks that don't want to learn complexities of let say SAS interface). SAS can do most of probability distributions and more modern techniques such as cluster density of forward and backward algorithms etc. do I recommend for an average user? no, hence value to be searched for is sophisticated statistical/trend oriented software that has simple I/O (input / output interface) otherwise SAS, Mathematica, Matlab and C++ for folks that do custom made algorithm simulation.

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

beardlichen's avatar - US11 AJE0001_M-FB.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #77076
            July 13, 2009
            67 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2009, 8:14 am - IP Logged

sorry, i don't use bought software. i have studied many ways and incorporate those into my way. as long as i keep the cost factor reasonable i do fair over a set period of time.

i would consider the people here who always share their knowledge, and the cost is priceless.

thor's avatar - thor
              Deep in the Woods of Texas
              United States
              Member #68454
              December 22, 2008
              328 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

thank you for the replies so far, and no i don't use $ to purchase software either. just thought this was a "curious" website with the "top rated" sellers listed.well, if any have used their products, please let us know?

thanks!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau