Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Screeech...I will not be superstitious, I will not be...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
Member #2217
September 1, 2003
985 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2009, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I speak often of my affinity for birds, and lately bird on the wire has been consistently 2's and occasionally 1's.

Last night I walked out of my little house in the country and there sitting on the only wire that moves from the house to the pole across the way was a very tiny screech owl.   Screeching like a banshee, I might add.

I know, I know.  Owls mean death and destruction and misfortune, all borne of myths that swirl around the owl's nocturnal nature and the fact that in ancient and not-so-ancient times, darkness is associated with bad things.

I'm not buying it.  I will admit I do not like to hear the hoo, hoo, of the owl in the still of night because it is unnerving.  But the screech of a baby ball of fluff (with a very sharp beak and talons, of course)?  Nah.   Birds are always good luck for me and this one is no different.  This is a special occasion because it is the very first screech owl I've been blessed to observe. 

I see that 788 I've looked for so faithfully here in DE has found GA - now that's good luck, me thinks!

Stay cool friends.  Cool  Type

skittles777's avatar - candle
    Douglasville
    United States
    Member #70105
    January 24, 2009
    1200 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2009, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I speak often of my affinity for birds, and lately bird on the wire has been consistently 2's and occasionally 1's.

Last night I walked out of my little house in the country and there sitting on the only wire that moves from the house to the pole across the way was a very tiny screech owl.   Screeching like a banshee, I might add.

I know, I know.  Owls mean death and destruction and misfortune, all borne of myths that swirl around the owl's nocturnal nature and the fact that in ancient and not-so-ancient times, darkness is associated with bad things.

I'm not buying it.  I will admit I do not like to hear the hoo, hoo, of the owl in the still of night because it is unnerving.  But the screech of a baby ball of fluff (with a very sharp beak and talons, of course)?  Nah.   Birds are always good luck for me and this one is no different.  This is a special occasion because it is the very first screech owl I've been blessed to observe. 

I see that 788 I've looked for so faithfully here in DE has found GA - now that's good luck, me thinks!

Stay cool friends.  Cool  Type

Jake,

Happy to hear from you today and any day for that matter!  A beautiful, crisp, and sunny day in GA today.  A few steaks on the grill for later and hopefully a winner will drop by for us in GA and hit you hard in DE. lol. Missed you!

skittles,

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
      Member #2217
      September 1, 2003
      985 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2009, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Jake,

Happy to hear from you today and any day for that matter!  A beautiful, crisp, and sunny day in GA today.  A few steaks on the grill for later and hopefully a winner will drop by for us in GA and hit you hard in DE. lol. Missed you!

skittles,

Hey Skittles,

Please enjoy a steak for me!   Heat index here is 106 and man, is it ever hot!     Hopefully, our numbers will be on fire too!   J

Douglasville
        United States
        Member #70105
        January 24, 2009
        1200 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2009, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Hey Skittles,

Please enjoy a steak for me!   Heat index here is 106 and man, is it ever hot!     Hopefully, our numbers will be on fire too!   J

J,

My, my, my, 106 I'll say that it is ever hot, Its more like sizzling!  Yes, I'll have a steak for you and a nice glass of red merlot to go along with it.

Sun Smiley

middle Georgia
          United States
          Member #1893
          July 20, 2003
          1868 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2009, 10:58 am - IP Logged

J,

My, my, my, 106 I'll say that it is ever hot, Its more like sizzling!  Yes, I'll have a steak for you and a nice glass of red merlot to go along with it.

Sun Smiley

Jake, 

Yesterday Delaware's tempature was 106 degrees and the cash 4 number was 0160.  How about that!!      Wink

maggie

Douglasville
            United States
            Member #70105
            January 24, 2009
            1200 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2009, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Jake, 

Yesterday Delaware's tempature was 106 degrees and the cash 4 number was 0160.  How about that!!      Wink

maggie

Maggie-Nolia,

Wow, that would have been a good hit. 

skittles,

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34540 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2009, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Jake, 

maggie

Right before i read your message, I thought about 106 the Temperture, and I'll be in came in Pick4 isn't that something!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31547 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2009, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Jake - I was taught that a bird flying into window means death.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34540 Posts
                  Posted: July 27, 2009, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

610 also came in another Stae this week. was it N.C. or N.Y. or Ga. I remmeber seeing it somewhere.

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

middle Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #1893
                    July 20, 2003
                    1868 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2009, 4:58 am - IP Logged

610 also came in another Stae this week. was it N.C. or N.Y. or Ga. I remmeber seeing it somewhere.

marcie, on July 22 Maryland and Virginia had 160.  Thumbs Up

maggie

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34540 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2009, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Yes, I have heard that one too. Or even if it flys in your House.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2009, 12:44 am - IP Logged

That is one of the superstitions that my grandmother told me as well.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #49980
                          February 21, 2007
                          34540 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2009, 12:52 am - IP Logged

J,

Sun Smiley

it just seems like all these numbers here are surrounding us, we just need to pay attention.