Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$30 or $50 Instant Tickets... Would you/Do you play them?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2009, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I have to say I'm always a sucker for $20 instant tickets because the payouts are good and top prizes are usually life changing,  I've won $100-$500 multiple times on $20 tickets...  However, I've never tried anything more than $20.  I know Florida has a $30 ticket and Texas even has a $50 ticket.  Has anyone ever bought a $30-$50 instant?  I'm scared that if I did try a "high roller" scratch off bad things will happen and I'll hate myself for wasting that much money on one ticket.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Talking Rock, GA
    United States
    Member #60369
    April 15, 2008
    398 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

We don't have $30 and $50 tickets in GA.  If they ever did, I'd be really nervous about buying one of them.  I probably would buy one whenever I had the extra dough just to say I tried them....but it's not something I'd "slow play" (those who've seen my blog regularly probably know what I mean by "slow playing") or buy on a regular basis because I'd go through too much money too fast.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2009, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I would say the trend nationwide has been for more high roller tickets.  I'm sure in the future more and more states will have at least $20-$30 instants (if they don't already) and some may even go as high as $50 like Texas.  I know in the past we have talked about the chances of $100 instant tickets...  But in my personal opinion...  Those tickets would have to have odds of 1:1 to stand a chance...  That means all tickets are winners.  However, instead of winning breakeven prizes you will only win a portion of what your spent back.  Those are your loser tickets.   For example...  You buy a $100 instant ticket.  Scratch and win $40 back.  Better than losing all $100 but then again...  You just dropped $60.  Just some things to think about.  How far will they go before players say... NO?

How are you going to win if you don't play?

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
        Member #4121
        March 23, 2004
        817 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2009, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Well in NY there is a $30 ticket where the top prize is $1 Million a year for life ( Minimum payout $20 Million).  I play often and its very exciting.  If you live 100 years after your prize, thats $100 Million.  I want to win!!!!!!!!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34096 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2009, 9:13 am - IP Logged

I have to say I'm always a sucker for $20 instant tickets because the payouts are good and top prizes are usually life changing,  I've won $100-$500 multiple times on $20 tickets...  However, I've never tried anything more than $20.  I know Florida has a $30 ticket and Texas even has a $50 ticket.  Has anyone ever bought a $30-$50 instant?  I'm scared that if I did try a "high roller" scratch off bad things will happen and I'll hate myself for wasting that much money on one ticket.

I am scared too, that is a lot of money to lose if you don't win, but it can be worth it if you win, I bought a $5.00 ticket the other day, that is the most I will play. I know this girl that played a Ten dollar ticket and she won over $100,000  So it can happen! but i am scared too, the most I ever won off of a instant ticket is $200.00 I bought a ten dollar ticket once but never got anything.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34096 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2009, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I would say the trend nationwide has been for more high roller tickets.  I'm sure in the future more and more states will have at least $20-$30 instants (if they don't already) and some may even go as high as $50 like Texas.  I know in the past we have talked about the chances of $100 instant tickets...  But in my personal opinion...  Those tickets would have to have odds of 1:1 to stand a chance...  That means all tickets are winners.  However, instead of winning breakeven prizes you will only win a portion of what your spent back.  Those are your loser tickets.   For example...  You buy a $100 instant ticket.  Scratch and win $40 back.  Better than losing all $100 but then again...  You just dropped $60.  Just some things to think about.  How far will they go before players say... NO?

We only have $20.00 tickets in Ohio, and you can go to the Lottery Games and see What tickets are still out there. They tell you who won off the tickets and the tickets that is still out there.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

new york new york
              United States
              Member #76859
              July 7, 2009
              14 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Well in NY there is a $30 ticket where the top prize is $1 Million a year for life ( Minimum payout $20 Million).  I play often and its very exciting.  If you live 100 years after your prize, thats $100 Million.  I want to win!!!!!!!!

Me too!!!! It'd be great to win!!!! I've bought a few of those tickets but only won once - $35.00.  Have you noticed that the odds for the top prizes are similar to the $10.00 and $20.00 tickets?

MoneyMagic's avatar - money
                Bland, VA
                United States
                Member #71484
                February 26, 2009
                21 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2009, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't afford 20 or thirty dollar tickets every week. However, I confine more expensive tickets to a once a month binge. As I can afford them, I buy ten and twenty dollar tickets and set them aside for a stated date in the month. It keeps me from blowing large amounts every week.

The odds for $20 tickets are so much better. In Virginia's Maximum millions, there are over 12,000 $500 prizes left to be discovered, and over 200,000 $100 prizes left unscratched, as opposed to say 4,000 $100 pirzes on 5 and 10 dollar tickets.

I just started doing $20 tickets. My next scratch day is the 15th of August.

Monkey Butt, USA
                  United States
                  Member #54569
                  August 23, 2007
                  1124 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2009, 12:06 am - IP Logged

NOPE-NOPE-NOPE. Just can't do it. To me that's money that I would add to my gambling fund. Even when my spouse tells me to go for it, I just add the money to the gambling fund. No Nod