Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Systems for NY Take 5?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Syracuse, NY
United States
Member #77577
July 26, 2009
20 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2009, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Hello,

I'm new here and joined because I was hoping to get assistance in developing a good system for NY Take 5.  I currently play only Take 5 with the occasional no-luck-scratchoff because the odds are better, and usually play a key 4if4of9 wheel.  I had a decent system going for awhile which was quite simple, forgot where I found it but I seem to have no luck lately.  Before I was up about $500 using that system, which over the last month or so of only winning FP's, has got me almost back to break even again.

All in all, I'm basically looking for a new system to use to get an idea of what to pick for key as well as the other 8.  It doesn't have to be the holy grail of systems, just something to get started on and hopefully build upon.  If anyone could point me to some resources on this it'd be great.  I've been playing Take 5 for a year or so in total now and think I'm doing decent breaking even, but would be much happier with $80,000! Big Smile  While I know the chances of that are slim, I enjoy playing the lotto, as long as it's not making holes in my pocket.

Anyways, any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

Golgo13's avatar - Goolag
    Orange County, New York
    United States
    Member #140
    March 10, 2002
    6925 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2009, 10:12 am - IP Logged

What was the system you were using? Could it be that its just in the cold cycle? Are you still updating it to see if it'll come around to hitting again?

Syracuse, NY
      United States
      Member #77577
      July 26, 2009
      20 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2009, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Well, the system I was using is a bit complex to explain I suppose.  Basically you keep track of the number of games since the current day's winning numbers were drawn individually.  Then you go back for the last 5 drawings (including that days) and count the number of 0,1,2,3,4, and 5 day out of play numbers.  If there are any 0's for 0,1,2,3,4 and 5, those numbers are more likely to come up in tomorrows drawing.

I was playing this system and was doing very well with it, only managed 1 4 out of 5, but got a load of 3 out of 5's and a ton of FP's.  Seems like the last month or so I'm lucky to get some FP's.  I will continue to track using this system but am hoping for another system to try out as well.  This system was not of my own design, I don't know the exact source, but my grandparents had been using it for years, and I have no idea where they got it from (can't imagine they came up with it.)  Only thing I do a bit different was fine tuning the numbers I chose to make sure that they're never all odds/evens, never all lows, highs, etc.

Anyways, if anyone could throw a different system my way or provide a good place to start researching, I'd appreciate it.

-Jeff

Syracuse, NY
        United States
        Member #77577
        July 26, 2009
        20 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2009, 2:14 am - IP Logged

One thing I forgot to mention about that system was one issue.  If you had at least one 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, there would be no "picks."  On these days, I just simply took a day off, which could account for the fact I was doing somewhat good.  Also, I would have just edited my last post, but can't seem to find the Edit buttonConfused

-Jeff

Golgo13's avatar - Goolag
          Orange County, New York
          United States
          Member #140
          March 10, 2002
          6925 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2009, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Well, the system I was using is a bit complex to explain I suppose.  Basically you keep track of the number of games since the current day's winning numbers were drawn individually.  Then you go back for the last 5 drawings (including that days) and count the number of 0,1,2,3,4, and 5 day out of play numbers.  If there are any 0's for 0,1,2,3,4 and 5, those numbers are more likely to come up in tomorrows drawing.

I was playing this system and was doing very well with it, only managed 1 4 out of 5, but got a load of 3 out of 5's and a ton of FP's.  Seems like the last month or so I'm lucky to get some FP's.  I will continue to track using this system but am hoping for another system to try out as well.  This system was not of my own design, I don't know the exact source, but my grandparents had been using it for years, and I have no idea where they got it from (can't imagine they came up with it.)  Only thing I do a bit different was fine tuning the numbers I chose to make sure that they're never all odds/evens, never all lows, highs, etc.

Anyways, if anyone could throw a different system my way or provide a good place to start researching, I'd appreciate it.

-Jeff

I guess i can say that  i'm tracking the numbers in almost a similar way.  The problem is that there are alot of digits to play, sometimes 15, sometimes 21. It changes daily. So i've been trying to see if there is a pattern that forms for an individual digit that can be used as a key to help with the cost of playing. Here is a list of results for the past 20 days that i just updated with last nights Take 5 numbers. If i would have played last night, i would have had 4 numbers out of the 16 i would have had to play.

out of 16 digits chosen for last nights drawing.

Syracuse, NY
            United States
            Member #77577
            July 26, 2009
            20 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2009, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Ah, you keep track of the digits of each number?  I have been keeping track of numbers as a whole, aka, 1, 2, 3, ..., 37, 38, 39.  I find that this way while there are days I get no "hits," I just don't play the lotto that day.  But usually I get 3-7 numbers.  My cutoff is 4, if I get at least 4 numbers, I'll supplement those 4 numbers with 3 (I always play 4if4of7 Abrrev. wheel for $9) of my choosing based on trends I can see as well as trying for one of the numbers that hasn't been played in 10+ days.  This system has been working well for me though.  I do find keeping track of the single digits in each number interesting though and will start keeping track that way to see if there's something else I can pull from past data.

-Jeff

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2009, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Ah, you keep track of the digits of each number?  I have been keeping track of numbers as a whole, aka, 1, 2, 3, ..., 37, 38, 39.  I find that this way while there are days I get no "hits," I just don't play the lotto that day.  But usually I get 3-7 numbers.  My cutoff is 4, if I get at least 4 numbers, I'll supplement those 4 numbers with 3 (I always play 4if4of7 Abrrev. wheel for $9) of my choosing based on trends I can see as well as trying for one of the numbers that hasn't been played in 10+ days.  This system has been working well for me though.  I do find keeping track of the single digits in each number interesting though and will start keeping track that way to see if there's something else I can pull from past data.

-Jeff

Sounds like a good system and with the 17 repeating 3 times in a row, 14 2 times in a row, 01 & 10 skipping and repeating - you should have a hit or two with your system?

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: August 4, 2009, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Sounds like a good system and with the 17 repeating 3 times in a row, 14 2 times in a row, 01 & 10 skipping and repeating - you should have a hit or two with your system?

hope your system kept you playing the 17!!! you are now down to just needing the other 4 #'s.....

Money won is twice as good as money earned!