Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PB Quick pick odds.

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Editgap.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2009, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

If you played one(1) powerball quick pick for 6 months, how many times have you matched 3 white balls.

I know what the odds are. I want to hear from people who buy a quick pick at the terminal every drawing.

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #33719
    February 24, 2006
    705 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

If you played one(1) powerball quick pick for 6 months, how many times have you matched 3 white balls.

I know what the odds are. I want to hear from people who buy a quick pick at the terminal every drawing.

(6 months, roughly 55 draws)

They don't have PB in Texas, but if I were to venture a guess,
    I would say less than 5, if that many.
    Probably closer to 0 or 1.

Good Luck!
    LottoL

MM & PB Charts
    -

United States
      Member #24439
      October 22, 2005
      638 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2009, 5:53 am - IP Logged

I was thinking it is 0 or 1.

I want to know from people who actually just buy 1 quick pick per drawing.

FL
        United States
        Member #77284
        July 19, 2009
        60 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2009, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

i usually buy at least 50 tickets (all QP) every drawing for Powerball.

i usually get at least the powerball right on two tickets ($6) and sometimes if im lucky, i get one 3+PB or 2+PB.

the average return for every $50 spent tends to be around $6... so i lose about $44 every draw.

I play a lot and I never won anything above 3+PB.

so i think you are asking the wrong question...

you just have to be seriously lucky to even match anything if you are playing just one QP ticket.

United States
          Member #24439
          October 22, 2005
          638 Posts
          Posted: August 15, 2009, 11:30 am - IP Logged

i usually buy at least 50 tickets (all QP) every drawing for Powerball.

i usually get at least the powerball right on two tickets ($6) and sometimes if im lucky, i get one 3+PB or 2+PB.

the average return for every $50 spent tends to be around $6... so i lose about $44 every draw.

I play a lot and I never won anything above 3+PB.

so i think you are asking the wrong question...

you just have to be seriously lucky to even match anything if you are playing just one QP ticket.

That is what I want to find out. I buy a lot of tickets too. I want to know if I bought I ticket multiple times if it would pay off.

I hear a some people say the only buy one ticket. They are the ones I want to hear from.

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
            South Florida
            United States
            Member #71280
            February 22, 2009
            15322 Posts
            Posted: August 15, 2009, 11:44 am - IP Logged

That is what I want to find out. I buy a lot of tickets too. I want to know if I bought I ticket multiple times if it would pay off.

I hear a some people say the only buy one ticket. They are the ones I want to hear from.

I buy one QP ticket per drawing because my theory is it only takes one ticket to win...and always play the Power Play $2.00.  The last 4 draws I have won a total of $463.  Buying more than one ticket does not increase your odds of winning by that much.  Odds are very high.  QP are best in my opinion.

United States
              Member #24439
              October 22, 2005
              638 Posts
              Posted: August 15, 2009, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I buy one QP ticket per drawing because my theory is it only takes one ticket to win...and always play the Power Play $2.00.  The last 4 draws I have won a total of $463.  Buying more than one ticket does not increase your odds of winning by that much.  Odds are very high.  QP are best in my opinion.

You said the last 4 draws you won $463?

In 4 draws can you break that up and show me how.

I am also interested in how you have done buying single ticket per draw for the past 6 months since the newest PB matrix change.