Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Anonymous at the press conference

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by joshuacloak.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

You've won a jackpot and are going to the press conference incognito

My avatar here at LP [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Someone else's avatar here at LP [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
An alien grey [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Dr. Zaius (Planet of the Apes) [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
A Delaware "smilie face" [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
A drag queen [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The Unknown Comic [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
A hockey goalie [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Smiling Bob from the Enzyte commercial [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Other, do tell... [ 14 ]  [53.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2009, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

You've won a jackpot - Congratulations- and decide to go to the press conference incognito.

How would you appear, who or what would you go as?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2009, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I'd probably just do something boring like wear sunglasses and a wig.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Vtracs is My Game!
      Georgia
      United States
      Member #3617
      February 6, 2004
      7422 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2009, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I'll go dressed as Grandma Dynamite and act like just stole something!LOLGreen laugh

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2009, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I would show up wearing a Brinks driver's uniform.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2009, 2:11 am - IP Logged

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.   Oh, wait, that would require some "surgery!"  LOL

How about a member of Congress?  Nobody seems to be paying attention to them these days!

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
            Member #60535
            April 21, 2008
            460 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2009, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I'd probably just do something boring like wear sunglasses and a wig.

+1

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2009, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Just thought of this, I should have made it one of the options:

The Invisible Man!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19829 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2009, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I would take that once in a life time opportunity to proudly wear my LP cap and golf shirt. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                  Katy, Tx
                  United States
                  Member #67709
                  December 3, 2008
                  204 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2009, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

If and when I win, I would not hold a press conference!!  I would have my Lawyer represent me.  That would save a lot of trouble coming my way.

Lots of Luck and Love.

Joey

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #64582
                    September 1, 2008
                    347 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2009, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

If and when I win, I would not hold a press conference!!  I would have my Lawyer represent me.  That would save a lot of trouble coming my way.

Lots of Luck and Love.

Joey

Yeah, but some states say you MUST havea press conference.

I've actually thought of this (and some of you may remember my answer to this question a month ago) and I have two schools of thought:

1. Go like a "normal" Joe Schmoe/average Jane so you are still unrecognizeable

2. Go funky so no one knows who you are!

Bad things:

1. People will recognize you immediately.

2. If funky, you will be played out in ALL the tv networks. And your face is probably out there on the internet, so if someone wanted to find a pic of you, they could (like on Facebook).

I also thought that if I won this MM, then maybe I'd play it up a bit...have us wear a tuxedo and a ballgown (with jewels) - but with masks!

Oh, I don't know. I'd love to have a lawyer do it, but I think VA makes you do it yourself. If so, then I'd just have one of us do the press conference with probably a wig and sunglasses. Although I did comtemplate wearing a blow-up sumo wrestling outfit (so no one knows if you are skinny or not) and wear Obama/Michelle masks. ;-)

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2009, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Simple, if I'm in a state that would allow the jackpot to be claimed in by a trust or LLC but has to have someone there for the photo-op, it would be my attorney, if *I* must go then I will absolutely wear a disguise. I would not however go over the top with it as it really isn't that hard to make one hard to recognize unless someone is really, really hard. It's amazing what just a wig (with a hair color different from your own) some sunglasses and dressing differently can do and no I don't mean drag. If you're a guy and clean shaven normally, then throw on some fake facial hair too while you're at it. No reason to go beyond something simple since that'll just defeat the purpose of a disguise. Hell, go in drag if you want as long as you can actually pull it off.

You can't predict random.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                        Member #32537
                        February 12, 2006
                        698 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2009, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

in the legal world,  their does not have to be  human soul  to be a legit claimer

in short, pure imagination can own money,land, you name it

even lotto tickets, i don't care if they say its has to be "real person" for winner

the winner could be a lawyer acting as the "real person" for the 

imaginary legal entity, and thats all that is to it, someone else acting for a  make belief thing

thats all legal world is, is 100%  : existing in fancy only,  the fact is, a company is nonething but its "humans behind it", so is a trust, and ever thing else, its all fancy, the courts can't deal with souls ,

they avoid that reality, and make up their own legal entity's ,

if they created it, they can control it, its the legal 101 of authority

even when you think in a court defending your self,

your must of the time defending your "Name Here" existing in fancy only,  they can't deal with souls, they deal with a legal Entity , that they created, and  you claim to be, LOL

trust me if you win,, just go to a good tax lawyer, you can be anonymous that way

he be the one special lawyer that deals with createing a legal Entity aka trust, and he can claim it for you,

i don;t care if the lotto wants you their or not,

if their not Your tax lawyer, don't listin to a darn thing they say you have to Do to claim it

or you could create a trust your self, but i doubt you have the know how,

thats what tax laywers are for, the good ones that is, they make legal Entity  to own land,money, whatever and deal with others, just as a "real person does"

, and that legal Entity can do all kinds of tax write offs you can only dream about so to speak