Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lottery

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rburton.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #78471
August 15, 2009
33 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2009, 7:42 am - IP Logged

Any hoosier lottery players here? What are your thoughts on the game?

I dont like the low cash payout, which is about 40%. The jackpot of 2.5 M was hit last night, winner gets $976,000, thats about 39%. That seems pretty low compared to other lotteries. If it gets hit and goes back to 1M, a 1M winner would be lucky to get $250,000 after taxes. Still a nice chunk of change, but I would feel a little cheated.

I dont like the computerized picks (think its called RGN?), which is what the hoosier lotto uses. I find it odd the lotto usually doesnt get over 3M, when other state lottos, those who dont use a computer to pick the winning numbers, get into the 10M and 20M  range often.

Thinking of no longer playing the hoosier lottery. Thinking it would be better to put my $1 into PB each week instead.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2009, 8:16 am - IP Logged

I dont like the computerized picks (think its called RGN?), which is what the hoosier lotto uses.

I think that's RNG (Random Number Generator)

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #78471
      August 15, 2009
      33 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2009, 8:24 am - IP Logged

I dont like the computerized picks (think its called RGN?), which is what the hoosier lotto uses.

I think that's RNG (Random Number Generator)

Yes, thats it, RNG.

United States
        Member #59720
        March 25, 2008
        52 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2009, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I play it from time to time but I'm very skeptical. It just seems like everytime an Indiana town is mentioned for it's tumbling economy and unemployment claims, a jackpot is hit in that town (i.e Connorsville and Elkhart)

I may be completely off, though. I also hate the fact that they went the RGN route. Hoosier Lottery has a very tainted history.

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/127653/531776

United States
          Member #78471
          August 15, 2009
          33 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2009, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I play it from time to time but I'm very skeptical. It just seems like everytime an Indiana town is mentioned for it's tumbling economy and unemployment claims, a jackpot is hit in that town (i.e Connorsville and Elkhart)

I may be completely off, though. I also hate the fact that they went the RGN route. Hoosier Lottery has a very tainted history.

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/127653/531776

Wow, I like the hoosier lotto even less now. Everyone I talked to agrees the hoosier lotto is rigged. I see some possible proof. Going to stop playing because I believe it might be a scam. Plus the monies are supposed to go to the schools, yet Indiana is only 1 of 3 states that make parents pay book rental at school. I just paid $210 for 1 child. Excise tax for our license plates, high property taxes, school book rental. So where's the hoosier lottery proceeds going?

United States
            Member #78471
            August 15, 2009
            33 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2009, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

To add to my previous post, if you go to the hoosier lottery website, and look up past winners, you will notice the same names listed over and over, winning various amounts of money on different games. One guy won 4 different games within a week or so.

Someone named ELNORIA HAYES won the daily 4 a total of 7 times in three weeks, winning about $2700 each time! How is that possible if the game isnt "rigged"?

United States
              Member #59720
              March 25, 2008
              52 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2009, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I can tell you $75,000 of it went towards purchasing a booth at the state fair. I once made a complaint to the Hoosier Lottery and their canned response was basically "You are free to witness the drawings." Really? Witness a computer pick some numbers? One can make a computer do anything at any given time. I'm not accusing them, but like I said, giving their history I put nothing past them. I do win lots of free tickets when playing the HL though.

United States
                Member #78471
                August 15, 2009
                33 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I can tell you $75,000 of it went towards purchasing a booth at the state fair. I once made a complaint to the Hoosier Lottery and their canned response was basically "You are free to witness the drawings." Really? Witness a computer pick some numbers? One can make a computer do anything at any given time. I'm not accusing them, but like I said, giving their history I put nothing past them. I do win lots of free tickets when playing the HL though.

Yeah, I sent them an email today asking how the same people win over and over again. I didnt know until today that 2 numbers got a free ticket. I have tossed alot of those out.