Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Playslips

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How many playslips do you have at home?

None - I do them at the store, or QP [ 11 ]  [14.86%]
One for each type of game [ 2 ]  [2.70%]
Less than ten [ 14 ]  [18.92%]
A few dozen [ 32 ]  [43.24%]
Hundreds [ 13 ]  [17.57%]
I record the drawings on them [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I use them for bookmarks [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
My state lotto sends them straight to me [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other [ 2 ]  [2.70%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2009, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Do you use them to record results (#6 above), maybe looking for patterns?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
    Wilson
    United States
    Member #54516
    August 21, 2007
    2802 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2009, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I never thought to look at it that way Coin Toss.....

....Some I only play for evening....some for midday only....some both...some on a 3day ticket...and here recently ..played a whole week ticket!

...I know.....then there's that number that catches  your eye during the day....oh I know u didn't ask...I keep some in my purse also!!LOL

....I'm prepared...never know when that good numer will swell up in ur eyes.....

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
      BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
      United States
      Member #1647
      June 10, 2003
      2295 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

i carry about 10 a day of the ca daily 4,run my numbers fill them out and replace every evening,when i cash out..

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7311 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2009, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I've seen many people use patterns on Keno slips and were successful too. Moving the pattern one number left or right is almost the same as spreads but rotating the patterns clockwise (or counter-clockwise) one or twice might be interesting.

Oh and I use plenty of play slips because I'm always checking the wrong box. Why to they make the print so small?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2009, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

I wrote a program that creates a facsimile of a board on the playslips of the games I play which I use to check patterns of previous drawings and for help making out playslips too.  I recently added that routine to my RNG so when it picks a combination to play I can see its layout on a playslip before deciding to reject or accept it.

When Ohio recently changed vendors, the old playslips didn't work so I threw them all out but I've build my reserve back up to 20 or so for each game I play, MegaMillion, Classic Lotto and Rolling Cash5. 

I prefer to make my playslips out at home and check them before buying my tickets.  Besides, some stores don't maintain their supply of playslips and I usually buy my tickets about a half hour before the drawings which doesn't allow much time for finding and making out playslips at the store.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2009, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

"Besides, some stores don't maintain their supply of playslips...."

Darn good point, and quite aggravating. That, or they have the slips but just don't bother to put them out. I've wondered how many people wind up playing a QP because of that. Granted, a clerk can just type in your numbers, but when it's busy you don't want to be a pain.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2009, 2:33 am - IP Logged

I'm guessing, that I have about 2 or 3 dozen slips for each game. I really don't need anymore at the moment. I used to pick up some each time I would get tickets, but then I realized, that I had enough slips and I didn't need to keep bringing more home! LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2009, 8:18 am - IP Logged

RJOh

"Besides, some stores don't maintain their supply of playslips...."

Darn good point, and quite aggravating. That, or they have the slips but just don't bother to put them out. I've wondered how many people wind up playing a QP because of that. Granted, a clerk can just type in your numbers, but when it's busy you don't want to be a pain.

Yup! lately the stores I got to have been stocked up but a couple of months ago they were like gold, no one had any?  If I found any I would take most of them, which wasn't much.  Now I have a stock pile that I keep adding to just in case

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Lex113's avatar - animal shark.jpg
                  Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #74991
                  May 24, 2009
                  5549 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2009, 11:29 am - IP Logged

In NY many location do not carry the slips for daily numbers and folks are too lazy to bother filling them out for the daily numbers. Lotto, mega, pick10 and take5 yes they fill the slips no problem. When I hand my slips to the clerk they are usually surprised and very pleased because it cuts down on time and eliminates error. They look at the slips like whoa !!!!!

Pets: 801-4520-6383

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I used up most of my extra MegaMillions play slips Tuesday playing 46 lines.  Two of the three places I went today looking for some replacements didn't have any out.  The one place that did only had a few so I took only nine because I didn't want to leave them empty too.  If I had a 100 line strategy and wanted to try it, I would be up a creek.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2009, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Every place I went tonight except one was out of MegaMillions play slips and I don't usually buy tickets there.  By the time I got there I had played all the slips I had so I ended up buying a $5 auto pick because I don't like going into a place grabbing a bunch of play slips with out buying some tickets.  I may start buying my tickets there, plenty of play slips out and no line.  If the jackpot rolls tonight I'm going to need some extra play slips for Tuesday.

Evil Looking       

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                        Member #48046
                        December 7, 2006
                        1699 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2009, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

They make great coasters,  or if you've lost your huggie,   you can wrap a few around your can

to keep it cold.

One of my first systems, was to mark in one play,  all the hits for a month,

at the end of the month, it looked like a circle,   in the playslip,

avoiding the middle and mostly hitting on the outter edges.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I usually keep 20 or so of each game for the two states I usually play  (I've recently stopped playing TN except for PB) in the truck and the same amount in the house. I need a lot of slips because I change my mind a lot (which I frequently regret) and instead of voiding a game I just make out a new slip. I play maximum multi draws on most of my games so it's not much of a hassle.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            22933 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2009, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

About 100...Pick 3 and 200 Pick 4. I do not like filling them out in the store. I shake up my numbers daily

and hate not having slips at home. Like someone else said, some places don't even bother to put them

out......If you're going to advertise: Play here, pay here...for crying out loud have the equipment handy.

That goes for the money to pay out too...that's another discussion though.

I want to see the day where the option to choose 50/50 on the P4 comes on the playslip. Other than

being a waste of time, it's a pita. Fill 2 boxes for the same number. If the machine can give you the

remainder of your week's bet when you hit on, say, Tuesday and you have the number til Friday then the

machine can figure out how to cash and separate your $2,600 ticket for your str8 and boxed win on one

ticket.