Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hello all, Newbie here

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Jersey
United States
Member #78919
August 24, 2009
46 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2009, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Hello.

I guess I should start by saying that before I found this site, I had no respect for the lottery. That can't be said about the people I know who play it regularly that I know or love, but they would definitely hear my opinion on it. I always thought that you'd have a better chance of getting hit by lightning twice then ever hitting the "jackpot" on a Pick-6 or something. Then I started reading about how one can actually play the lotto as a skill as long as one put some work into it. So I am deciding to give that a shot.

I guess with the MM being $252 and I would love to have a decent shot at getting at least 4 numbers from it, though the jackpot would be nice. My parents used to play the lotto just as much as going to church, which was daily. They loved the pick-3 and pick 4 with some pick 6 action going on as well. I always prefered games like poker and blackjack, but I will try any "system" if it will help. I downloaded two software packages...one utter garbage, the other pretty decent. I need to do a better job at selecting numbers for a wheel as I only hit one number in the pick 5 (maybe that's not bad for a newbie, but what do I know). I do like the fact that it will print my bet slips, but not without some tweaking after I download the specs for my state. But I may end up buying the software just for the purpose of printing my slips. The number selection wasn't bad either as it did list the numbers that the pick 5 hit today (Sunday), but I would have needed $$$$ to wheel all of them I guess. LOL But I did by some books that should help me out with that. Thank God for B&N gift cards....lol.

In any event, I look forward to any tips (besides the obvious click on search button) that anyone can give me so I can at least get my feet wet for Tuesday MM. I definitely want to play but don't want to QP it anymore. LOL...

I chose my name to inspire positive thinking. :)

Thanks

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
    california
    United States
    Member #23475
    October 13, 2005
    659 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2009, 4:12 am - IP Logged

Hi and welcome aboard there InItAndWonIt,

You are definately at the right place to learn and have fun and win!!

Lots of nice people here too.

Can you tell me the name of the package you decribed that prints the tickets and had the 5 #s right?  Thanks. Smile

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
      Member #63356
      July 26, 2008
      1427 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2009, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I really enjoy giving a Big Welcome to new members on Lottery Post - WELCOME ABOARD BUDDY!  Yeah, I call both sexes Buddies.  :-).

The best thing I can say is STUDY - Study Hard!  The history of anything is the most important.  History of the Lottery, history of Civilization, history teaches us things.  Study your states history in the games in which you would like to win.

I don't use programs except to post the information that I gather and calculate by pen and paper, I design my forms for what I want to use them for.   I like using my brain or lose it, I never use a calculator for calculations.  I did have stats in college, along with being a computer science major/business admin.  I think it helped me with hours of studying and seeking information.

I hope that you look around Lottery Post and visit all of the posts related to your state.  I would like to invite you to our post, the one that has a hit at least once a day and get the feel of how a jumping post looks like.  PA for Serious Players.  Oh!!!!  Btw, I supply a Sheet for each month and post it on the post - it has a lot of hits for NJ as well - the current sheet is on page 160 of the post - copy it and follow along to see if it will help you.  I know that I had 700 on my sheet and it hit in NJ this past Sunday.  Can't hurt to copy it and follow along.

I have been working on the Cash 5 for the PA lottery, I have a system that is giving me 3 out of 5 balls - I have to work harder to get the 4th and 5th ball, its coming.   I don't lose money on the game, but not much profits as yet. 

As for the Mega Millions for New Jersey, I used the same system for the Mega as I do for the Cash 5, I got the 4-5 and the 25 so I'll use the profits to buy new tickets for the new drawing on Tuesday. 

I hope that I win the Jackpot because there is so much good I can do with the money besides spending it all on myself.  I have projects that I would love to give to, and one project I would like to start, having kids that are interested in woodworking have a place to widdle wood into glorious projects.   Sounds dangerous?  ROFL!!  No, they have power saws that will shut down if it hits fingers.  New tech.

I also hope that you win as well - heck the jackpot is big enough for the both of us!  :-).

Take care and remember to keep your head about you until you are sure of your systems and don't bet the house! 

Kaptainess

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #78919
        August 24, 2009
        46 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2009, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Hi and welcome aboard there InItAndWonIt,

You are definately at the right place to learn and have fun and win!!

Lots of nice people here too.

Can you tell me the name of the package you decribed that prints the tickets and had the 5 #s right?  Thanks. Smile

Thank you, TigerAngel. I can tell folks here are friendly.

I mentioned it in another post, but it was WinLottoPro. I didn't want to sound like I was spamming (not like I would get money, and even if I did, I probably hate SPAM more than Todd does anyway...LOL). My post about printing bet slips does get into detail about what I had to do to get it working. My printer only allows printing from the center. Also, another caveot about the number selection...there was ALOT of other numbers included with the winners. It didn't have all of them in the statistics, but you have to really know how to select which numbers to play out of that list. That's why I'm looking at possibly becoming a Premium member here as well as buying a Gail Howard book. I know she has her critics and fans on this site, but as a guy who is a typical Virgo (analytical), I will probably have no trouble at all at least getting what she says. But I can have an objective opinion after I follow her system for 1 year. In my case, it's better than my parents quick picking/birthday picking for almost as long as I've been alive (if not longer).

I can promise you this much though, I will try not to take this so seriously. I will share any information that may be of help to the community, whether or not I win. I probably won't post numbers right away, but I will definitely try and help. Lotto is not something I'm an expert in (I'm not even a novice yet....I'd have to start really playing to become that right away....which I will be soon), but I am familiar with other aspects of gambling/skill playing.

In any event, hope to talk to you soon, and thanks.

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #78919
          August 24, 2009
          46 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2009, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I really enjoy giving a Big Welcome to new members on Lottery Post - WELCOME ABOARD BUDDY!  Yeah, I call both sexes Buddies.  :-).

The best thing I can say is STUDY - Study Hard!  The history of anything is the most important.  History of the Lottery, history of Civilization, history teaches us things.  Study your states history in the games in which you would like to win.

I don't use programs except to post the information that I gather and calculate by pen and paper, I design my forms for what I want to use them for.   I like using my brain or lose it, I never use a calculator for calculations.  I did have stats in college, along with being a computer science major/business admin.  I think it helped me with hours of studying and seeking information.

I hope that you look around Lottery Post and visit all of the posts related to your state.  I would like to invite you to our post, the one that has a hit at least once a day and get the feel of how a jumping post looks like.  PA for Serious Players.  Oh!!!!  Btw, I supply a Sheet for each month and post it on the post - it has a lot of hits for NJ as well - the current sheet is on page 160 of the post - copy it and follow along to see if it will help you.  I know that I had 700 on my sheet and it hit in NJ this past Sunday.  Can't hurt to copy it and follow along.

I have been working on the Cash 5 for the PA lottery, I have a system that is giving me 3 out of 5 balls - I have to work harder to get the 4th and 5th ball, its coming.   I don't lose money on the game, but not much profits as yet. 

As for the Mega Millions for New Jersey, I used the same system for the Mega as I do for the Cash 5, I got the 4-5 and the 25 so I'll use the profits to buy new tickets for the new drawing on Tuesday. 

I hope that I win the Jackpot because there is so much good I can do with the money besides spending it all on myself.  I have projects that I would love to give to, and one project I would like to start, having kids that are interested in woodworking have a place to widdle wood into glorious projects.   Sounds dangerous?  ROFL!!  No, they have power saws that will shut down if it hits fingers.  New tech.

I also hope that you win as well - heck the jackpot is big enough for the both of us!  :-).

Take care and remember to keep your head about you until you are sure of your systems and don't bet the house! 

Kaptainess

Hello Kaptain,

I was a history major. All I know is study/research. My research tells me there is definitely some relationship between past drawings and future results. That can't be just mere coincidence. Or else, there wouldn't be such a large community, like this one. I definitely get that, and that's why I want to participate.

I do use software, and the software(s) I plan to use will do the same for me as doing it on pen and paper. HOWEVER, I will learn how to do it pen and paper, because like you, I grew up in a household that forbade me to use a calculator until I could demonstrate I could do it on pen and paper. Old school...lol. Kids today now are just given a calculators, because teachers just don't care and parents are just too busy.

Yeah, I know PA doesn't have PB or MM, but the beautiful thing about Philly is that you can cross any number of bridges to get you into Jersey. In my case, it'd be easier going to NE PA (poconos area) because I'm in N. NJ, right outside of NY. But I've heard that PA Cash 5 is very easy to hit like NJ, so I'd have to figure out logistics as to how I can play PA WITHOUT using one of those Internet services.  But I will take you up on following your "jumping post". You know that reminds me. Can you or anyone point me to a glossary of lotto terminalogy? I guess a jumping post is when someone posts numbers? What about a "workout"? Seriously, I thought that meant that they were gonna play right after the gym...but I am guessing after I saw it from a variety of people that's not the case.

Man, I saw the drawing yesterday, and all I could think of was that James Bond fans were happy. I'm looking to be proficient in Pick-5, Pick-6, MM (of course...lol) and maybe start looking into other states. CT would be the closest PB state for me (I can get to Greenwich in 45-50 minutes) but will wait until it becomes big. Plus I would probably do that one weekly anyway.

NY also seems to be nice, and that's only a quick train ride.

I would be interested in any system that will pick at least 3 numbers AND hopefully doesn't cost alot weekly. Like I said, I really just want to concentrate my efforts on the above games. I will look forward to going to the PA for Serious players posts.

Talk to you soon.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2009, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP Family and GOOD LUCK IN WINNING...STAY POSITIVEBanana

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2009, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post InItAndWonIt! See Ya!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."