Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

going CRAZY trying to figure out the numbers?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LottoL.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LotteryJunkiE99's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg

United States
Member #72647
March 23, 2009
63 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2009, 5:57 am - IP Logged

Just thought I'd post this to maybe remind some of you players, especially mega millions players who will undoubtedly play this tuesday to take it easy and remind yourselves it's just a game your playing, nothing more, nothing less, so please don't go haywire trying to figure out which numbers to pick.  I'm writing this because I know wracking your head with chosing what numbers to play can take out all the fun out of the game, so this is just a friendly reminder to remember why it was fun to play in the first place.   I suggest, since it's my guess most people play 2 slips or that is, 10 plays, to "optimize" your first slip, that way you've got the logical side of the lottery underwraps, and try to have a little more fun with your second slip, to optimize your fun of the game.   I have tried this, and let me tell you it make the game a heck of a lot more fun.   And if you haven't already tryed it, here's a couple of my personal tips that i use when I can't figure out what number to pick or play.   What?

choosing just one of these, or all of these can be fun and great, depeding on your time available or their availability, and can take the sting out of numbermania - when numbers make you crazy to the point of being completely immobile.  hahaha  - and don't say you haven't been there !  ; )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. zip codes- they're fun, local, and always different.  I usually take the last two digits.

2. date of draw - i add the numbers of the day of the draw and find the lowest number possible.  - this works out great because then you will always get a number from 1-9, without thinking too much about having to pick a number from 1-9 or reminding yourself to include them in the set of numbers picked.   

3. drinks - i find my favorite beer, and find the ounces it has and play that number
4. highways - they're local and fun and always interesting to see if they come up
5. interstates - same as above, and even more fun when they come up.
-------------------------------------------------------------
6. bar codes - find a recent purchase, take the first two or last two numbers
7. vehicles - count the number of cars you can see near your home
8. favorite tv channel - go with your fav late night show channel lol
9. purchase - find a recent purchase and play the minute of the date of the purchase
10.  money - find the serial code and play the last two or first two numbers, and play them accordingly.  

this list mostly applies to two digit numbers but you can also use it to pick just one number, the idea being not having to think or do any math or working out anything. Hiding Behind Computer

but for you people who give an equal right to all numbers, ie. picking one number from each set 1's 10's etc
then keep going until you get one for each set of numbers, which can usually be done with just one of the tips above, the most fun for me is a dollar bill.

also don't prejudice yourself against certain numbers, picking always from 1-9 or 10-20, or only playing in the 40's or only in the 50's , or only playing the 30's once in a blue moon, which i do waay to often, i don't even know how i got so prejudiced against 30-39 lol  and it has def. cost me money in plays , but it's like a bad habit to break, especially if you're a solo player, so a good thing to try and do is to 

remember the idea here is pick so that you always get what you first see, and then STICKING TO THOSE NUMBERS.   pick again only it it's the same number or only its an obvious doozy, which won't happen too often, trust me.   

remember the trick to making it fun is to stick to the numbers once they've been chosen, so i advise not to add or substract or divide or multiply too much, and just go with what you get or choose at first glance, which is why i don't like picking middle numbers, bc i give in to temptation lol.

Anyway, just a recommendation.  and remember the trick is to have fun, don't make the lottery a drudgery by wracking your head trying to pick "just the right numbers."  Cheers - L J - 99. Embarassed

ALSO CURIOUS AS TO WHAT OTHER FUN WAYS YOU GUYS USE TO TAKE THE STING OUT OF PICKING "JUST THE RIGHT NUMBERS."   Thinking of...

- ILOVETHELOTTERY Sun Smiley

Northern Ohio
    United States
    Member #63551
    August 1, 2008
    203 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2009, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Great post. I sometimes fall into the category of neurotic number picker. Sometimes I want to use a system, and sometimes I want to just go random as I think they have just about the same odds. Mostly, I use a combination of a system and a bunch of randoms. But I agree, you shouldn't think too much especially considering the odds are nine figures to 1, regardless of what or how you do it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2009, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

LotteryJunkiE99

Good post. Interesting list of number selection methods, but hate to tell you we had a similar thread once but it was titled, "Things that just have not worked!"

Good luck!

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2009, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

ALSO CURIOUS AS TO WHAT OTHER FUN WAYS YOU GUYS USE TO TAKE THE STING OUT OF PICKING "JUST THE RIGHT NUMBERS."    Thinking of...

I have a different take on picking numbers.  I look at past drawings and see things I didn't do but had thought I would try some day.  Then when the jackpot gets big I try them and even if I win nothing I don't have regrets about what might have been because I know what was when I tried it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3114 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2009, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

What lottery do you work for?  LOL  Wink

A good thread topic would be:  What doesn't the lottery want us to do?

BobP

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51178 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2009, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Just thought I'd post this to maybe remind some of you players, especially mega millions players who will undoubtedly play this tuesday to take it easy and remind yourselves it's just a game your playing, nothing more, nothing less, so please don't go haywire trying to figure out which numbers to pick.  I'm writing this because I know wracking your head with chosing what numbers to play can take out all the fun out of the game, so this is just a friendly reminder to remember why it was fun to play in the first place.   I suggest, since it's my guess most people play 2 slips or that is, 10 plays, to "optimize" your first slip, that way you've got the logical side of the lottery underwraps, and try to have a little more fun with your second slip, to optimize your fun of the game.   I have tried this, and let me tell you it make the game a heck of a lot more fun.   And if you haven't already tryed it, here's a couple of my personal tips that i use when I can't figure out what number to pick or play.   What?

choosing just one of these, or all of these can be fun and great, depeding on your time available or their availability, and can take the sting out of numbermania - when numbers make you crazy to the point of being completely immobile.  hahaha  - and don't say you haven't been there !  ; )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. zip codes- they're fun, local, and always different.  I usually take the last two digits.

2. date of draw - i add the numbers of the day of the draw and find the lowest number possible.  - this works out great because then you will always get a number from 1-9, without thinking too much about having to pick a number from 1-9 or reminding yourself to include them in the set of numbers picked.   

3. drinks - i find my favorite beer, and find the ounces it has and play that number
            4. highways - they're local and fun and always interesting to see if they come up
            5. interstates - same as above, and even more fun when they come up.
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            6. bar codes - find a recent purchase, take the first two or last two numbers
            7. vehicles - count the number of cars you can see near your home
            8. favorite tv channel - go with your fav late night show channel lol
            9. purchase - find a recent purchase and play the minute of the date of the purchase
            10.  money - find the serial code and play the last two or first two numbers, and play them accordingly.  

this list mostly applies to two digit numbers but you can also use it to pick just one number, the idea being not having to think or do any math or working out anything. Hiding Behind Computer

but for you people who give an equal right to all numbers, ie. picking one number from each set 1's 10's etc
            then keep going until you get one for each set of numbers, which can usually be done with just one of the tips above, the most fun for me is a dollar bill.

also don't prejudice yourself against certain numbers, picking always from 1-9 or 10-20, or only playing in the 40's or only in the 50's , or only playing the 30's once in a blue moon, which i do waay to often, i don't even know how i got so prejudiced against 30-39 lol  and it has def. cost me money in plays , but it's like a bad habit to break, especially if you're a solo player, so a good thing to try and do is to 

remember the idea here is pick so that you always get what you first see, and then STICKING TO THOSE NUMBERS.   pick again only it it's the same number or only its an obvious doozy, which won't happen too often, trust me.   

remember the trick to making it fun is to stick to the numbers once they've been chosen, so i advise not to add or substract or divide or multiply too much, and just go with what you get or choose at first glance, which is why i don't like picking middle numbers, bc i give in to temptation lol.

Anyway, just a recommendation.  and remember the trick is to have fun, don't make the lottery a drudgery by wracking your head trying to pick "just the right numbers."  Cheers - L J - 99. Embarassed

ALSO CURIOUS AS TO WHAT OTHER FUN WAYS YOU GUYS USE TO TAKE THE STING OUT OF PICKING "JUST THE RIGHT NUMBERS."   Thinking of...

Lottery Numbers aren't Numbers: They are Labels: So that everyone can tell one Ball From another.

The Statistics generated from the Labels: Represents the Phystical Properties of the Balls as they Whirl Around in an Air Chamber. Other Factors that effect the Physical Properties: Temperature, Humidity, Barometric Pressure, Other Celestial Bodies in the Solar System.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #33719
              February 24, 2006
              705 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2009, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

1.  Jackpot Size and date - 252 million on the 25th = 2 - 5 - 25 - 52

2.  Personally, I have pretty good luck using license plates of red sports cars driven by good-looking blondes.
                   Several 3-0 hits.

Good Luck!

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #33719
                February 24, 2006
                705 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2009, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

1.  Jackpot Size and date - 252 million on the 25th = 2 - 5 - 25 - 52

2.  Personally, I have pretty good luck using license plates of red sports cars driven by good-looking blondes.
                     Several 3-0 hits.

Good Luck!

Overlooked 22 -> 2 - 5 - 22 - 25 - 52.

Good Luck!