Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where can I play online

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
jerrabomberra
Australia
Member #79143
August 27, 2009
2 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2009, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Can I buy tickets online from Australia

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2009, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Since your in Australia, you can probably go through Betslips.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

jerrabomberra
      Australia
      Member #79143
      August 27, 2009
      2 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2009, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Are they Legitimate?

What about thelotter?

Any others

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2009, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

From what I gather, Betslips is legitimate. I think a few members here go through them. thelotter? I've never heard of them. I don't play online, so I am not sure of any others.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
          Member #391
          June 8, 2002
          16066 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2009, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Are they Legitimate?

What about thelotter?

Any others

BetSlips is legit!

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2009, 2:30 am - IP Logged

"BetSlips is legit!"

How can you know? How many times have they collected a multi-million dollar jackpot and then paid it to somebody who had no way of proving that they were the legal owner of the winning ticket? Cheating players out of small prizes would clearly be a bad idea, because in the long run they'll make far more money by being honest and selling more tickets. The current MM jackpot could potentially result in an annual income of $5 to 8 million, which might be far more lucrative than continuing to run the business.

Suppose they buy a ticket on your behalf and your numbers win, but the ticket has somehow mysteriously, but legitimately, disappeared? Suppose through some error your ticket isn't actually purchased? If they can't claim the prize, do you think you'll still get paid? Do you suppose they've considered that possiblity, and that the agreement has a clause saying they're not responsible if your ticket can't be produced? If so, why wouldn't that clause allow them to claim a ticket as their own?

I'm not suggesting that they aren't legitimate, but until they pay out a prize that exceeds the future profit they could make from continuing to run the business, you have no way of knowing what might happen. When they buy a ticket for a customer they say they and the customer are forming a pool. We've seen several disputes when pools win jackpots, and I'm curious how you think you would prove that a winning ticket belongs to the pool that you're a member of.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23262 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2009, 7:59 am - IP Logged

"BetSlips is legit!"

How can you know? How many times have they collected a multi-million dollar jackpot and then paid it to somebody who had no way of proving that they were the legal owner of the winning ticket? Cheating players out of small prizes would clearly be a bad idea, because in the long run they'll make far more money by being honest and selling more tickets. The current MM jackpot could potentially result in an annual income of $5 to 8 million, which might be far more lucrative than continuing to run the business.

Suppose they buy a ticket on your behalf and your numbers win, but the ticket has somehow mysteriously, but legitimately, disappeared? Suppose through some error your ticket isn't actually purchased? If they can't claim the prize, do you think you'll still get paid? Do you suppose they've considered that possiblity, and that the agreement has a clause saying they're not responsible if your ticket can't be produced? If so, why wouldn't that clause allow them to claim a ticket as their own?

I'm not suggesting that they aren't legitimate, but until they pay out a prize that exceeds the future profit they could make from continuing to run the business, you have no way of knowing what might happen. When they buy a ticket for a customer they say they and the customer are forming a pool. We've seen several disputes when pools win jackpots, and I'm curious how you think you would prove that a winning ticket belongs to the pool that you're a member of.

You could say the same thing about ANY ticket butler service.  It's more of a question of if you can deal with the whole concept or not.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #58386
                February 12, 2008
                287 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2009, 11:03 am - IP Logged

You could say the same thing about ANY ticket butler service.  It's more of a question of if you can deal with the whole concept or not.

He is doing exactly that.   What is says is spot on.  How can anyone trust these people with a $300 million dollar jackpot winning ticket.

Then again, if they give some type of confirmation that they bought the ticket for you, it might be upheld in a court of law that the ticket belongs to the person that purchased it through them.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2009, 11:44 am - IP Logged

He is doing exactly that.   What is says is spot on.  How can anyone trust these people with a $300 million dollar jackpot winning ticket.

Then again, if they give some type of confirmation that they bought the ticket for you, it might be upheld in a court of law that the ticket belongs to the person that purchased it through them.

Yes, it's a personal decision each person has to make.

For my perspective, I've never been too worried about it, because the ticket itself is worthless until it is redeemed at the official government lottery offiices.

Time and time again I have documented in the News section about how easy it is to dispute a winning lottery ticket, and how the default action of the lottery is to always err on the side of caution -- and not release the jackpot money if there are on-going disputes.

In short, there is no way I can think of that a ticket butler service could win in court, so it's a non-issue in my view.

The real issue is if the ticket service is correctly and accurately doing their job when they obtain the lottery tickets. 

If you are spending your money with one of those one-man-shows on the Internet, there's no way they can handle a jackpot like we're seeing tonight.  The main issues are the huge spike in revenue (their credit card processor would shut them down at a certain point), and there is no way one guy could obtain that many tickets.

(Regarding the revenue issue, most credit card processors give startups a monthly cap of approximately $10,000, and they start denying charges once it exceeds that amount.)

If it is clear from the web site that the service is all run from one state, that's a very good indication of if it is a one-man show.  Look at the games offered on the site.  Are they all available in one state?  If so, don't bother wasting your time and money.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34134 Posts
                    Posted: August 30, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I am with you, there is no way a would trust and online Lottery with that amount of Money to pay off $300.00 million, No way!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Bondi Junction
                      Australia
                      Member #57242
                      December 24, 2007
                      1102 Posts
                      Posted: August 31, 2009, 1:37 am - IP Logged

You can play the UK lottery online, but you need a UK address and bank account

We all get a lot out of lotteries!