Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotterypost members

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ConstantlyB.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will any lotterypost members win powerball or Mega Millions jackpot?

Yes [ 73 ]  [82.02%]
No [ 16 ]  [17.98%]
Total Valid Votes [ 89 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
Little Rock, AR
United States
Member #68365
December 19, 2008
241 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2009, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I would do pretty much the same. If I won I would defintely let LP know, and I will post proof as well.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3475 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2009, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't see how anybody could honestly vote "no" unless they knew for a fact LP members would never again buy a ticket in either game. Why start a poll with only one logical choice?

I don't see how anyone can honestly say yes. The question didn't ask if somebody might win, it asked if somebody will win. With a game of chance there can't be a definite answer. We can speculate without putting any real thought into it, or we can consider the probabilities and make a reasonable guess at how likely (or unlikely) it is.

Let's be generous and assume that there are currently 5000 active members averaging 2 tickets per drawing for whichever game is played in their state (or the closest game to them). That would mean that LP members would have a total of 10,000 chances for each drawing, and a total of 1 million chances per year. Treating PB and MM as if they had equal odds, that would mean we could expect an LP member to win once every 175 years. Even if we were to decide that members have 7 million chances per year, that would still mean we could only expect a winner every 25 years. It's possible that some people might stick around and post for that long, but as a practical matter the probability is that the odds are against somebody from LP winning while they're an active member.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2009, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't see how anyone can honestly say yes. The question didn't ask if somebody might win, it asked if somebody will win. With a game of chance there can't be a definite answer. We can speculate without putting any real thought into it, or we can consider the probabilities and make a reasonable guess at how likely (or unlikely) it is.

Let's be generous and assume that there are currently 5000 active members averaging 2 tickets per drawing for whichever game is played in their state (or the closest game to them). That would mean that LP members would have a total of 10,000 chances for each drawing, and a total of 1 million chances per year. Treating PB and MM as if they had equal odds, that would mean we could expect an LP member to win once every 175 years. Even if we were to decide that members have 7 million chances per year, that would still mean we could only expect a winner every 25 years. It's possible that some people might stick around and post for that long, but as a practical matter the probability is that the odds are against somebody from LP winning while they're an active member.

"but as a practical matter the probability is that the odds are against somebody from LP winning while they're an active member"

By voting "no" they're saying it's impossible for any LP member to ever win a jackpot. It really doesn't matter what the odds are against any LP member winning a jackpot because as long at least one member continues to buy tickets, there is always a chance they can win.

However it is an opinion poll so we can't really debate why someone would believe it's impossible when LP members will probably be still buying tickets for many years in the future.

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #64582
        September 1, 2008
        347 Posts
        Posted: September 2, 2009, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Yes, I have thought the same thing. Keep my main account here, but start a new one (that no one can trace) for being the jackpot winner.

Question - how would you prove you won? Post a copy of the ticket? I'd be afraid (not of anyone here) that someone would copy it and try to win the jackpot that way. I know there are numbers printed on the other side, but still, there are so many smart people out there....

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
          Connecticut
          United States
          Member #61623
          May 29, 2008
          20581 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

someone from here will win inevitably....all this mind bending has to pay off eventually

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2009, 8:29 am - IP Logged

"but as a practical matter the probability is that the odds are against somebody from LP winning while they're an active member"

By voting "no" they're saying it's impossible for any LP member to ever win a jackpot. It really doesn't matter what the odds are against any LP member winning a jackpot because as long at least one member continues to buy tickets, there is always a chance they can win.

However it is an opinion poll so we can't really debate why someone would believe it's impossible when LP members will probably be still buying tickets for many years in the future.

I agree Stack47

LP members have just a much chance as anybody else.  If I didn't think I'd win I wouldnt play.  I just happen to be a member of LP.  SOMEBODY HAS TO WIN.  It might as well be one of us.

But i quick warning to all you CA  LP members,  dont waste any more money on the Super Lotto Plus.  That one is mine! (stick with MM-- that one doesnt like me much) hehehahahaheheehheheheh

I personaly think Geos5666 won -talk about  lotto luck (or skills)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5124 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2009, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

I will win the Mega Millions!  Cheers

HAIL>>>>>>>>>YES...........................................this man will wipe the JACKPOT..off it's>>>KAN>>>>>>KAN>>>>>HE>>>CAN$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2009, 5:02 am - IP Logged

Yes.

thor's avatar - thor
                  Deep in the Woods of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #68454
                  December 22, 2008
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2009, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Yes.

I Agree!

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

Halle99's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    United States
                    United States
                    Member #68252
                    December 16, 2008
                    168 Posts
                    Posted: September 6, 2009, 1:18 am - IP Logged

PartyYap I will....I still have my pb tickets till sep 30....Good luck to all.

"Wait eagerly for the Lord, and keep to the way; God wil raise you to possess the land; you will gloat when the wicked are cut off".

Psalms 37:34

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5124 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2009, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes.

yes, yes>>>we voted YES>>>>>>>>>>diamondpalace^^^^^^^^^^^^^$$$$$$$$

we like 2 promote>>>>all but, in this case>>>>we really think budward has a g@@d chance 2 WIN a JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thru observeration>>>>all think "HE" has D-BILITY 2 WIN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 WIN a JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34198 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2009, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

We can do it I am working on it! and found a member from Sweden, that is going to help me!  I have faith in him!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Monkey Butt, USA
                          United States
                          Member #54569
                          August 23, 2007
                          1124 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2009, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Will any lotterypost members win powerball or Mega Millions jackpot?

Yes I will be a Mega Millions winner.

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                            Wilson
                            United States
                            Member #54516
                            August 21, 2007
                            2802 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2009, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

you will know me..by my calm demeanor and LP gear!

Todd it will be the order marked RUSH IN A HURRY in sharpie red...LOL

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."