Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Made a scary lotto choice

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by sfilippo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: September 3, 2009, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Hey LP family 

Just wanting to ask your opinion on something.  I have a wierd feeling of loss because I had to let one of my Fantasy Five lines go.  As you know I have been playing the same FF  for years but I realized that playing 2 lines of a daily  FF lottery is $60-$62 dollars per month.  That was fine when I had that great paying mortgage job but I have had to cut WAY back since accepting a new job which I love but is half the pay.    I had already dropped my 15 super lotto lines to 2 but for some reason I don't feel that loss.... strange.

I can still afford to play the lottery but I had to give up at least $30  in lotto per month. I chose to give up the one that never won more than a free replay.  But if it jackpots now-oh boy!

Whadda ya think?  I never thought of myself as obsessed but it kinda feels like it.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2009, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

It must be hard to give up on a number that you've been playing for so long. But I understand why you are doing it. I have a set budget as well. I try to avoid playing the same numbers over and over also, because I am afraid of the same thing: One day I will not play it and it won't come out. Hopefully though, the line that you discarded won't come out and one of the lines that you kept will! Smiley

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      12011 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2009, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I have a list of 15 mm numbers that I rotate to play 5...I set up a score sheet and rotate them according to how they score. 

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2009, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I know how you feel about cutting back due to your sudden change of budget but you should listen to your inner instinct and play the numbers because you never, never know when they will hit; for the past several months, I played "215" Daily Derby every weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but forgot to play it on one Sunday--well guess what number hit that particular sunday-- "215"; the payoff it was under $500. 00 however I was annoyed, pissed and angry Angryat myself for not playing it that particular day--I.E. "LOTTO KARMA"--Now I don't know when it will hit again or if it will this yearUnhappy

Just try to figure it out how to much to budget and continue to play your numbers--you deserve to win!!!Dance

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2009, 8:02 am - IP Logged

It must be hard to give up on a number that you've been playing for so long. But I understand why you are doing it. I have a set budget as well. I try to avoid playing the same numbers over and over also, because I am afraid of the same thing: One day I will not play it and it won't come out. Hopefully though, the line that you discarded won't come out and one of the lines that you kept will! Smiley

Thanks for the support TSC.  That is exactly what I'm hoping.    When I dropped my 13 of my 15 line super lotto number I truly cant remember what they were so if they do hit, I won't remember if I had that set or not.  But the FF numbers..  I remember them so  I have to pray they decide not to hit.    But lika everyone else  I still hope for the Super Lotto.  Fantasy is just extra hehehahhahaheheh.

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2009, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I stay away from P3 and P4, because even if you win it wont make much difference in your life.

I limit the number of Powerballs  and Mega millions, because the Odds are just too terrible.

I focus on the ones that pay between $10,000 and $200,000

And the games that pay in the low millions.

Badger 5 may only be paying $84,000 tonight, but the odds are like 1,150x better than powerball.

Wis Megabucks is only paying $2,700,000 cash Saturday but the odds are 28x better than powerball.

Illinois Little lotto is paying $175,000 tonight @ 300x better odds than mega millions....

Illinois lotto is paying about $2,000,000 cash Saturday night @ 17x better odds....

Each of the above amounts would make a big positive effect on my life, at much better odds.

But Powerball is paying $19,000,000 cash after taxes and I have to respect that too...

And my biggest win was at rediculus odds.

I stay away from the multiplier.

Sure I would have won  $40K instead of $10k, but the winning ticket that I did buy was the LAST one, so if I was playing the multiplier, I would not have bought that winning ticket.

And I do balance out the prize and the amount that I play.

MarkP

Monkey Butt, USA
              United States
              Member #54569
              August 23, 2007
              1124 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2009, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Hey LP family 

Just wanting to ask your opinion on something.  I have a wierd feeling of loss because I had to let one of my Fantasy Five lines go.  As you know I have been playing the same FF  for years but I realized that playing 2 lines of a daily  FF lottery is $60-$62 dollars per month.  That was fine when I had that great paying mortgage job but I have had to cut WAY back since accepting a new job which I love but is half the pay.    I had already dropped my 15 super lotto lines to 2 but for some reason I don't feel that loss.... strange.

I can still afford to play the lottery but I had to give up at least $30  in lotto per month. I chose to give up the one that never won more than a free replay.  But if it jackpots now-oh boy!

Whadda ya think?  I never thought of myself as obsessed but it kinda feels like it.

Bang Head   Bang Head   Bang Head   Bang Head

Oooooooooooooo..... Decisions decisions. Not a position I would care to be in. Too stressful. Especially if your discarded numbers hit. Listen to your gut. If your numbers hit on a date that you do not play them be prepared to forgive yourself and try not to stress over it.

Bang Head   Bang Head   Bang Head    Bang Head

sfilippo's avatar - skull
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #33770
                February 24, 2006
                3146 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2009, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I have a list of 15 mm numbers that I rotate to play 5...I set up a score sheet and rotate them according to how they score. 

Rotating as fja has stated sounds like a great option.

Smiley Steve