Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Guy Here

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2009, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Hello everybody,

First post. I'm not a very sophisticated kind of player. Numbers and math and calculating just make my head spin. I'm more of a quick pick, birthday, favorite number, hunches kind of player. Over the years (about 30) with on again, off again occasional playing my best wins were a $1900 plus win on a 5 of 6 Lotto and two Pick 3 straights for $500 each and a couple $100's on pick 5's. All my bigger wins were on QP's except one of the Pick 3's was my address at the time.

I do most of my bets with one or two lines on the maximum available number of multi-draws, although my $1900 plus win was when I played $100 QP on a Lotto 6 one time. My biggest disappointment was last year in the Virginia Lottery. As I said I always get the maximum number of multi-draws and that's what I asked the clerk for on my own numbers for Cash 5. She said the max was 48 draws so that's what I got, day and evening. You can probably guess what happened. One evening ALL 5 numbers came in. I recognized them immediately when I saw them on the news. They're all family birthdays. I ran to get my ticket and found my final draw was for the day drawing on that date. I was so disgusted I didn't even check to see what the jackpot was. I didn't want to know. But wait, it gets worse.

The next day I went to Virginia and I showed the owner the multi-draw ticket with the winning numbers that expired on the previous drawing. He said it was too bad that I only got 48 draws. I said what do you mean, isn't that the max? Nope. I forget the exact number he told me but the max was over 100 draws (if he knew what he was talking about anyway). I couldn't find anything printed anywhere that tells you how many you can get. So if the girl had given me the max multi's I had asked for I would have won. Well that's my lottery sob story, sorry.

I hope to maybe learn a thing or two here and I enjoy reading the posts and the news and such so I guess I'll be seeing you around. I may even make a ridiculous statement or ask a ridiculous question a time or two from time to time.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19904 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2009, 10:21 am - IP Logged

The first thing you should learn is make out a play slip and mark on it what you want even if they're auto picks for multiple drawings, that way you'll alway get what you want.  Never depend on a clerk to know everything you should have read on the back of the play slip yourself.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2009, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I wish it was that simple RJOH but the play slips in Va. don't let you mark how many draws you want. All they have is a box to mark if you want optional plays. You have to mark that box and when they run the slip they then ask you how many draws you want. That's what I did and I told the girl I wanted the maximum amount of draws and she said it was 48 and I said OK.  I'm in TN now and the slips here let you pick how many you want but Va slips (I just looked) don't even mention how many you can get.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2009, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Hello everybody,

First post. I'm not a very sophisticated kind of player. Numbers and math and calculating just make my head spin. I'm more of a quick pick, birthday, favorite number, hunches kind of player. Over the years (about 30) with on again, off again occasional playing my best wins were a $1900 plus win on a 5 of 6 Lotto and two Pick 3 straights for $500 each and a couple $100's on pick 5's. All my bigger wins were on QP's except one of the Pick 3's was my address at the time.

I do most of my bets with one or two lines on the maximum available number of multi-draws, although my $1900 plus win was when I played $100 QP on a Lotto 6 one time. My biggest disappointment was last year in the Virginia Lottery. As I said I always get the maximum number of multi-draws and that's what I asked the clerk for on my own numbers for Cash 5. She said the max was 48 draws so that's what I got, day and evening. You can probably guess what happened. One evening ALL 5 numbers came in. I recognized them immediately when I saw them on the news. They're all family birthdays. I ran to get my ticket and found my final draw was for the day drawing on that date. I was so disgusted I didn't even check to see what the jackpot was. I didn't want to know. But wait, it gets worse.

The next day I went to Virginia and I showed the owner the multi-draw ticket with the winning numbers that expired on the previous drawing. He said it was too bad that I only got 48 draws. I said what do you mean, isn't that the max? Nope. I forget the exact number he told me but the max was over 100 draws (if he knew what he was talking about anyway). I couldn't find anything printed anywhere that tells you how many you can get. So if the girl had given me the max multi's I had asked for I would have won. Well that's my lottery sob story, sorry.

I hope to maybe learn a thing or two here and I enjoy reading the posts and the news and such so I guess I'll be seeing you around. I may even make a ridiculous statement or ask a ridiculous question a time or two from time to time.

Welcome to Lottery Post rdgrnr! See Ya!

I'm sorry about you losing out on a big win, but I hope you enjoy your time here and find lots of useful information.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2009, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP Family-Banana-I certainly understand your frustration in missing out on that big win; I'm playing birthday numbers and QPs and can't seem to win even the small jackpots--so far within 3 days I've won "free replays" in the Fantasy 5; missed winning last night's Daily 3 Evening by 1 digit and last week's Daily Derby--When I'm feeling down and frustrated about not winning, I go on the CA Lottery Website as well on LP and read about the recent and previous winners to visualize that my name will appear any day now AS A BIG JACKPOT WINNERDanceI assume they lost a lot to finally win.

Anyway continue playing your birthday numbers and QPs because you never know when they will hitWink  GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2009, 3:42 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome ThatScaryChick and Dollar419.

I hope I didn't appear to be whining about that boondoggle. Didn't mean to be. All forgotten now. Looking forward to bigger things.

Good luck everybody!    Cheers

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5146 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2009, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Hello everybody,

WELCOME>>>>>>>>>>>aboard>>>>>rdgnr:

THANK'ssssssssssssssss4-UR>>>>>>intro>>>>>>>>>>BUT>>>>>&>>>>>there is alway's a BUTT>>>>outdare!

WHY do people cum aboard stating ++++++++++++++++$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$++++++++++++<<<<<<<<<<!

(then all of sudden they turn ---------------------) note>>>>>>>>>>stay!!!!!+++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>!!

PSYKOMO

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8396 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2009, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

the VA website says

Multi-Draw: Play more than one drawing (up to 91), including the next.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                  Member #71120
                  February 19, 2009
                  1209 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2009, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Tennessee,to  me the best state there is but the worst lottery in the country.You will see if you play as much as us Tennesseans on this forum.Please play your spare change only,dont be stupid like I was but now my spare change buys my pepsi's..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 8, 2009, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome.

psykomo,

Stay positive, got it. (took me a minute though, lol) thanks

four4me,

I'm gonna check that out. The owner of the place gave me a number over 100 for the max on multis for Cash5. I think he told me 125 or 150. I just might go up there tomorrow and have him run a slip and tell him to look on the machine and tell me what it says is the max I can get. thanks

TnTicketlosers,

Thanks, I've been here about 3 yrs now and love it. I'm in east TN and I've heard that nobody ever wins anything around here but I don't know for sure. Why is it the worst lottery in the country? The Number Generators instead of the balls?