Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wheeling question. Pick and win?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
scarborough maine
United States
Member #59137
March 7, 2008
69 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2009, 8:42 am - IP Logged

I was thinking at work last week, couldnt i just make a wheel for whatever game i want  pick 4, powerball, megabucks, after i make the wheel just pick out some of the combonations i want, doesnt matter, and just hope that one of them is a 4 ball or 5 ball winner?   I tried it saturday on the tri state megabucks and hit 3of5 and 2of5 with the 14 numbers i picked with 2 key numbers. I did guess 4 numbers right.  Anyone ever do this and have any luck picking the right combo, or close.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
    Member #2815
    November 18, 2003
    502 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2009, 11:05 am - IP Logged

I was thinking at work last week, couldnt i just make a wheel for whatever game i want  pick 4, powerball, megabucks, after i make the wheel just pick out some of the combonations i want, doesnt matter, and just hope that one of them is a 4 ball or 5 ball winner?   I tried it saturday on the tri state megabucks and hit 3of5 and 2of5 with the 14 numbers i picked with 2 key numbers. I did guess 4 numbers right.  Anyone ever do this and have any luck picking the right combo, or close.

Well radoo9,

what you do here is basically to defeat the purpose of the wheel you use in first place. All the blocks in the wheel cooperate together to provide you with maximum exposure to a winning division - therefore you have more chances to win. If you pick a few blocks from that wheel as you did, you have ruined that exposure. Additionally, if you want to play fewer blocks for the same winning division, therefore not having 100% coverage (ensured guarantee), it is still much better to build a wheel targeting the required amount of blocks, instead of just picking a few blocks from that bigger wheel that offers the 100% coverage. A 3rd reason of doing so is that since the blocks cooperate to provide the 100% guarantee, this generally means each block on its own will be poorly formed; what I mean by that is that you'll observe blocks such as 1 2 3 4 5 6, 2 4 6 8 10 etc which are generally not seen in any winning draw to my best knowledge - this is because the blocks in the wheel are meant to be played all together and not as individual entities, since we are not interested in the performance of each such block individually but we treat them as a whole. So, the best solution, if you want to play with wheels is to decide on a winning division (with or without key numbers) based on what you can achieve in terms of picking correct numbers within a defined pool, and use a software that can optimize and maximize both coverage and formation of produced blocks to the amount (total tickets) you want to spend. Doing this by hand is out of question. Wheels as found on the internet fail to the 2nd part: the formation of the produced blocks which is something you can't adjust on them.

Your approach is equivalent to filtering down an abrreviated wheel, which is a very bad idea. Hitting something was pure luck here.

cheers

lottoarchitect

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3103 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2009, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Back in dos days Lottery Trend Analysis by Jerry Buley, Ph.D. offered full wheels with the option to pull out every xxth ticket(s) for play.  For example if you wheeled 10 numbers into 210 combinations (10,6,6,6)=210 and selected every tenth combination you would have 20 or 21 tickets to play out of the 210.   I never used it because there was no guarantee of winning anything.  I'd rather wheel (12,6,4,6)=6 and hope the wheel plays better then its guarantee. 

BobP

rambleon's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #69408
        January 9, 2009
        61 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2009, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi BobP

I'm fairly new to LP, and I've been looking to find a wheeling system or excell file that will let me wheel six numbers.  Could you point me in the right direction?  I've been trying different workouts and I haven't found any one wkout that is consistent yet.

Thanks for your help and thanks to all the LP gurus.  I've learned quite a bit since I came on board.

Rambleon

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3103 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2009, 3:02 am - IP Logged

Hi BobP

I'm fairly new to LP, and I've been looking to find a wheeling system or excell file that will let me wheel six numbers.  Could you point me in the right direction?  I've been trying different workouts and I haven't found any one wkout that is consistent yet.

Thanks for your help and thanks to all the LP gurus.  I've learned quite a bit since I came on board.

Rambleon

If you mean Pick-6 wheels, there are some good ones here on Lottery Post with Premium membership. 

On my site at http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheeling.html I give away open cover wheels that generally cover roughly 90% for roughly a 50% savings in lines to play.   There are 100% Pick-3,4,5,6 wheels included with my book.

As for consistency, a wheel is what it is.  You get a minimum conditional guarantee of a result based on winning numbers falling among those on the wheel.  Winning above the guarantee is always possible and dependent on how the numbers fall into place making up the combinations. 

Some people try to test various wheels against a game, that doesn't work.  The wheel will only do what it's made to do, anything else is pure luck.

BobP

Pogo's avatar - wfl
            NC
            United States
            Member #29378
            January 1, 2006
            552 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2009, 3:14 am - IP Logged

If you mean Pick-6 wheels, there are some good ones here on Lottery Post with Premium membership. 

On my site at http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheeling.html I give away open cover wheels that generally cover roughly 90% for roughly a 50% savings in lines to play.   There are 100% Pick-3,4,5,6 wheels included with my book.

As for consistency, a wheel is what it is.  You get a minimum conditional guarantee of a result based on winning numbers falling among those on the wheel.  Winning above the guarantee is always possible and dependent on how the numbers fall into place making up the combinations. 

Some people try to test various wheels against a game, that doesn't work.  The wheel will only do what it's made to do, anything else is pure luck.

BobP

He's right - can't go wrong either way... The goodies right here at the LotteryPost are great as well as BobP's excellent material on his web site... Check things out - I'm sure you won't be disappointed... And, welcome to the LotteryPost - Pogo Big Smile

CyberShark's avatar - seahorse animation.gif

United States
              Member #79823
              September 9, 2009
              4 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2009, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Hi BobP

Rambleon

Hi Rambleon,

While I'm new to the LP crew...just joined today...I'm not new to Lottery systems and/or wheeling systems.  The advice given by the LP gurus here so far is very valid.  However, for a newbie, Lotto Pro is also a good & cheap program that will allow you to create your own wheels as well as provide you with an ample supply of full & abbreviated wheels.  Versabet is another one that comes to mind, but hasn't been updated IMHO, to an updated Windows environment, yet.   But you learn about VTRACS using that system. 

There are also many places to find "free" wheeling material, here & on the web.  Gail Howard gives out a few on her website, too, that have been proven winners.  It just depends on what you're trying to wheel & your budget to do so.  You need to shop for a system that will allow you to select as many possibilities AND the option to narrow down those options using various filters...automatically.   LottoPro allows you to do this on the cheap & learning what it means in the process. 

As many have pointed out filtering reduces your chances if you don't have the deep pockets for some wheels you're throwing away money.  Being in the position to create your own wheels using a program is your best solution, be it old school or new. 

Good luck on your hunt ~ CyberShark

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.Paul Newman

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                Member #5599
                July 13, 2004
                1185 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2009, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Unless the winning numbers are in the pool of numbers your going to wheel, your throwing good money after bad. Wheeling lacks direction on which numbers to pick in a very expensive way. I agree with Cybershark -  "Being in the position to create your own wheels using a program is your best solution, be it old school or new."

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3103 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2009, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Unless the winning numbers are in the pool of numbers your going to wheel, your throwing good money after bad. Wheeling lacks direction on which numbers to pick in a very expensive way. I agree with Cybershark -  "Being in the position to create your own wheels using a program is your best solution, be it old school or new."

I think it only fair to seperate prediction from wheeling.

To use a car metaphor:  Prediction is the engine, wheeling is the transmission.  Without the engine we're not going anywhere. 

When the prediction engine is working, wheeling allows us to select what prize gear we want to be in.  i.e.:  Third prize gear, Forth prize gear, Fifth prize gear and even Sixth jackpot prize overdrive gear.   Each capable of winning the jackpot race, though less likely in the lower prize gears.

The problem is rarely in the wheels unless they happen to be split (two independent wheels played side by side, offered as if one wheel in some systems and software).

BobP