Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to find out which Ballset is used?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #79163
August 28, 2009
17 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2009, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Is there any way to find out which of the 9 Ballsets for the Mega Millions drawing will be used?

Reason I ask is that the last few drawings have come up with crazy numbers which means they both probably came from the same ballset.

How often do they change these? 

Can someone tell me where to get this info?

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
    Member #58857
    February 27, 2008
    112 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2009, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

They randomly draw which ballset they will use at the beginning of each drawing.  You wouldn't be able to find out which ballset will be used for each drawing until after the drawing is over.  As to Mega Millions actually listing the test draws, I haven't been able to find it.  Someone else might know, but maybe you could e-mail them directly and ask.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: September 21, 2009, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Same goes for Powerball.

PB has 4 different ballsets that are chosen at random, but also, they have 4 different ball machines that are used as well, they decide by random drawing which ballset and which ball machine to use shortly before each drawing.

Columbia City, Indiana
        United States
        Member #2978
        December 9, 2003
        381 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2009, 6:11 am - IP Logged

As far as I know, MegaMillions doesn't publish their test draw data.

Here's a link for some comprehensive PowerBall data, though (be sure to read the instructions below the link):

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp

This will take you to the "Winning Numbers" page, where the three most recent drawings are posted.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the tiny red ball at the end of their disclaimer (inside the box).

Click on that ball, and you'll get an MS Word document containing information for every drawing since August 31, 2005.

The data includes Draw Date, each Numbered Ball in the order in which they were actually drawn, Machine Number (the hopper used to draw from the white field), Ball Set Number (randomly chosen from four sets, numbered 29 - 32), PowerBall Number, PowerPlay Multiplier (used only for the actual prize drawing), PowerBall Machine Number (also four sets, numbered 9 - 12), PowerBall Ball Set Number (for the red field) and Draw Type (4 Pre-test, the Prize Drawing and 1 Post-test; Prize Drawings are shown in bold type). Changes in the matrix are clearly identified as well, which is handy for anyone who wants to track the draw history.

They usually post the data for the most recent (last) drawing on the day of the next (upcoming) drawing. In other words, the data for last Saturday's drawing won't be posted until next Wednesday, and vice-versa. There have been exceptions when the results have been posted by the next day, but that doesn't happen very often.

@justalittleluck:

I've sent an email inquiry to MegaMillions via their web site, asking if this information is available and where we can find it or, in the alternative, whether they have any plans to make such data available to their loyal players. They're usually pretty good about getting back to me in a timely fashion, so when I hear something, I'll post their answer to this thread.

Good luck!

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

New York
          United States
          Member #79163
          August 28, 2009
          17 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2009, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

As far as I know, MegaMillions doesn't publish their test draw data.

Here's a link for some comprehensive PowerBall data, though (be sure to read the instructions below the link):

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp

This will take you to the "Winning Numbers" page, where the three most recent drawings are posted.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the tiny red ball at the end of their disclaimer (inside the box).

Click on that ball, and you'll get an MS Word document containing information for every drawing since August 31, 2005.

The data includes Draw Date, each Numbered Ball in the order in which they were actually drawn, Machine Number (the hopper used to draw from the white field), Ball Set Number (randomly chosen from four sets, numbered 29 - 32), PowerBall Number, PowerPlay Multiplier (used only for the actual prize drawing), PowerBall Machine Number (also four sets, numbered 9 - 12), PowerBall Ball Set Number (for the red field) and Draw Type (4 Pre-test, the Prize Drawing and 1 Post-test; Prize Drawings are shown in bold type). Changes in the matrix are clearly identified as well, which is handy for anyone who wants to track the draw history.

They usually post the data for the most recent (last) drawing on the day of the next (upcoming) drawing. In other words, the data for last Saturday's drawing won't be posted until next Wednesday, and vice-versa. There have been exceptions when the results have been posted by the next day, but that doesn't happen very often.

@justalittleluck:

I've sent an email inquiry to MegaMillions via their web site, asking if this information is available and where we can find it or, in the alternative, whether they have any plans to make such data available to their loyal players. They're usually pretty good about getting back to me in a timely fashion, so when I hear something, I'll post their answer to this thread.

Good luck!

Jim695,

Thank you very much for this information.  I havent had a chance to look through but it seems like very good information.

Thank you once again.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2009, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Jim695,

Thank you very much for this information.  I havent had a chance to look through but it seems like very good information.

Thank you once again.

There are 3 pieces of info in these (test) games worth noting, look hard, you will find it.