Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Easier states than othres ?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lovinwinning's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
Hiddenite , NC
United States
Member #77805
August 1, 2009
98 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2009, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Are some states easier to hit than others ? If so which ones do you think are easiest ?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! May we all have something to be thankful for !! Big Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2009, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Are some states easier to hit than others ? If so which ones do you think are easiest ?

Hey lovinwinning,

I can only speak for myself as possibly one of the most unscientific, undisciplined players perhaps on this site. That being said, I live in east Tennessee and play here (a computer state) and in Virginia (a ball state) and have much better luck in Virginia. Whether that is chance, luck of the draw, the numbers I play or the difference in systems between the two states I have no idea.

I have lived here 4 years and played the same numbers in both states and have been successful in Virginia (nothing really big yet) but not in Tennessee. In fact after my current multi-draw pick-3 and 4's and 5's expire, I am not going to play Tennessee anymore, only Virginia. I will only continue to play Powerball in Tennessee.

That's just my unscientific take on these two states, for what it's worth.

Good luck, wherever you decide to play.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2009, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

This is a difficult question considering the vast amount of different approaches we all use because some methods are effective in others and some not so well.By far though I will agree with the masses that TN is a pain in the a*s.At first I had a relatively easy time pegging a str8 but as time went on it got ugly.Something is definitely awry with that state

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
        Katy, Tx
        United States
        Member #67709
        December 3, 2008
        204 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2009, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Howdy All

I use to live in the Bristol area and moved to Texas a long time ago.

I won the cash 5 in Virginia.  Won a bunch in West Virginia at Princeton.  When go  up there now to visit I like playing in North Carolina as it is close to TN. like Va.

My husband likes Inidiana to bet in, His friend there was with a group of player that won Millions.

Lots of luck All

antioch tn
          United States
          Member #65338
          September 24, 2008
          359 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2009, 11:10 am - IP Logged

TN has got to be in the top 5 negative when it comes to winning.

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2009, 4:16 am - IP Logged

Here is my formula for comparing lotteries.

It is not perfect.

I take the cash prize and divide it by the odds.

Wisconsin Badger 5    = 177,000/169,911=1.042

Wisconsin Megabucks= 400,000/6,991,908=0.057

Powerball=87,800,000/195,249,054=0.450

MegaMillions=67,000,000/175,711,536=0.381   

Wisconsin Supercash=350,000/1,631,312=0.215    (prize is NOT parimutual)

Illinois Lotto=2,975,000/10,179,260=0.292

Illinois Little Lotto=100,000/575,757=0.174

Bigger the number the better.  So clearly for TODAY, Wis badger 5 beats them all..

And Wis megabucks really sucks....

If Badger 5 goes back to 12,000 it will change....

You want to take into account that Badger 5 and Ill Little Lotto give a prize for match 2,and Wis supercash is not parimutual meaning that all winners collect the $350,000 prize.

MarkP

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2009, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I know my state isn't easy to hit when it comes to Pick 3. But then, I don't know which states are easiest to hit in the first place. I think though, that those states that offer ball drawings, might be easier for some people to hit then those that have RNG.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7308 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2009, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I know my state isn't easy to hit when it comes to Pick 3. But then, I don't know which states are easiest to hit in the first place. I think though, that those states that offer ball drawings, might be easier for some people to hit then those that have RNG.

Do you think live ball drawings are less random and/or more predictable?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2009, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Do you think live ball drawings are less random and/or more predictable?

No, not at all. lol. But it seems, some people do better with ball drawings then with RNG's. I guess it just seems that way by some of the posts, but I could be wrong of course.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."