Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's to prevent Scientific Games or Lottery employees buying winners?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by duckman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Illinois
United States
Member #80376
September 25, 2009
57 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2009, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

What's to prevent Scientific Games or Lottery employees buying winners?   It's as simple as 1-2-3

I read in the Indiana    Foreman Lottery Scam that the  Indiana Lotto security guard Mr. Foreman scammed the Lottery out of Millions.

1.  Foreman contacted Scientifc Games for a list of winning ticket  serial #s  for "verification" purposes. 

2.  He's employee so couldn't play, but knew which book contained the 2,000,000 dollar winners. That book was shipped to southeastern Indiana store. 

3. Foreman told two buddies which stores got them, and his two buddies  bought out the entire supply of that   "2 Million Spectacular"   Scratchers from the store  they knew had the winner, supplied by Mr. Foreman.    The gang  split proceeds.  

Scientifc Games and Lottery employees can, with work, access which #s are the winners and  with help,  they can trace and buy winners

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19901 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2009, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I remember reading about that here at LP news.
    http://www.lotterypost.com/news/127545/530713

Weren't there some security changes because of that incident?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Illinois
      United States
      Member #80376
      September 25, 2009
      57 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2009, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I remember reading about that here at LP news.
      http://www.lotterypost.com/news/127545/530713

Weren't there some security changes because of that incident?

Hope security is tighter.  So  Scientific Games  manufactures the  scratchers for all  states or most of them?  Their employees actually can go to the database at   SG and say  Ticket #650-041174-031 is a  $2,000,000 winner? 

And I read many on here say the state lotteries know which batch of tickets is sent to  each city or county and they control how the  bigger winners are spread out around the state. 

IF NOT.  then a scratcher produces a  1,000 books  (each book with 100 tickets), and the game has 2 TOP prizes of  2-Million, and if it's    all random, then there's chance that  a book of tickets  could be worth 4-Million, with those two  in sequence.   

so lottery places 1 top winner in book#1-500, and one in 501-1,000, sending them to opposite corners of state

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2009, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Interesting...my fault for been against what you are saying, but i rather they know it than nobody know it...I wish it was someone else beside them knew it...

YOu are probably saying: let it be random...It is suffice to say that the scratchoffs is like 20 times harder than Powerball...With dilligence who knows you might get lucky on Powerball but "SCRATCHOFFS" forget it...That's why i rather someone know than nobody know...would had like for the people that know to be people beside the people that work at the lottery but what can you say....

anyways i suspected that for a while now...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
          Member #58857
          February 27, 2008
          112 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

If it is a small prize, there really isn't any security.  With a larger prize they would look for unusual patterns (such as someone buying all the tickets going to one particular store).  Also, people talk, and that's what usually catches someone who commits the "perfect crime".

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
            Jacksonville Florida
            United States
            Member #23018
            October 6, 2005
            933 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

What's to prevent Scientific Games or Lottery employees buying winners?   It's as simple as 1-2-3

I read in the Indiana    Foreman Lottery Scam that the  Indiana Lotto security guard Mr. Foreman scammed the Lottery out of Millions.

1.  Foreman contacted Scientifc Games for a list of winning ticket  serial #s  for "verification" purposes. 

2.  He's employee so couldn't play, but knew which book contained the 2,000,000 dollar winners. That book was shipped to southeastern Indiana store. 

3. Foreman told two buddies which stores got them, and his two buddies  bought out the entire supply of that   "2 Million Spectacular"   Scratchers from the store  they knew had the winner, supplied by Mr. Foreman.    The gang  split proceeds.  

Scientifc Games and Lottery employees can, with work, access which #s are the winners and  with help,  they can trace and buy winners

"What's to prevent Scientific Games or Lottery employees buying winners?"

Answer: up to 50 years in prison