Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

North Carolina: 10/1 - 10/31/2009

Topic closed. 4643 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Chella36.

Page 64 of 310
PrintE-mailLink
Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
North Carolina
United States
Member #59855
March 29, 2008
31955 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

well, he is an idiot, your chances of winning are not 75%

No they are not idiots!!!! Why do you think you are always right on everything and everybody else are idiots????

Call them for yourself!

a$VeryLuckyMan's avatar - spherewall
    Summerfield NC
    United States
    Member #61736
    June 2, 2008
    3714 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

No they are not idiots!!!! Why do you think you are always right on everything and everybody else are idiots????

Call them for yourself!

Vergie, it says right on the card and on the website that your overall chances of winning ANY prize in 1 in 2.65   that is 37.7%

I am right. Whoever you are talking to is an idiot because they don't know 4th grade math!

Be ready when opportunity comes...Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.

All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.Lep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Technics's avatar - me 20prista%202a.jpg
      Earth, USA
      United States
      Member #80332
      September 24, 2009
      44189 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Vergie, it says right on the card and on the website that your overall chances of winning ANY prize in 1 in 2.65   that is 37.7%

I am right. Whoever you are talking to is an idiot because they don't know 4th grade math!

LOL

Summerfield NC
        United States
        Member #61736
        June 2, 2008
        3714 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Call them for yourself!

I just did call for myself and when I told her 75% chance of winning she LAUGHED. She confirmed it is 1/2.65 or about 37%, and that is if the sell ALL OF THE TICKETS, which they won't.

Those odds are based on all PRINTED tickets.

Be ready when opportunity comes...Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.

All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.Lep

Earth, USA
          United States
          Member #80332
          September 24, 2009
          44189 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

odds of the person vergie was talking to being an idiot 1:2 Thumbs Up

i aint gon lie...a few times i called up there and the fools on the phone didnt know basic rules and ncel policies so this doesnt shock me at all I Agree!

North Carolina
            United States
            Member #59855
            March 29, 2008
            31955 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I just did call for myself and when I told her 75% chance of winning she LAUGHED. She confirmed it is 1/2.65 or about 37%, and that is if the sell ALL OF THE TICKETS, which they won't.

Those odds are based on all PRINTED tickets.

Well I just called back too in Raleigh and read to her what you posted and she put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said she made a mistake and then would not say what percentage it was...so that makes 2 of them that have made a mistake...she would only say what is printed on the back of the card...(1:2.65) you must have called Greensboro because she doesn't remember anyone else calling and laughing about it.

Even though 2 different people told me wrong about the percentages I don't consider them idiots.

I'm glad we had this conversation about it because I think a lot of people have the impression that the odds are much better than they are.

spicey75's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
              NC
              United States
              Member #73850
              April 26, 2009
              113 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

LP Family, I am feeling mighty lucky today, I am playing 197 x 5, and 116. PartyThese are my numbers for the next 3 days.

Good Luck Everybody

Earth, USA
                United States
                Member #80332
                September 24, 2009
                44189 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

LP Family, I am feeling mighty lucky today, I am playing 197 x 5, and 116. PartyThese are my numbers for the next 3 days.

Good Luck Everybody

that 197 is on fire spicey. i hope it drops too cause its my birthday number. last october i hit it 2 times in less than a week. i hope we are that lucky again.

I Agree!

Summerfield NC
                  United States
                  Member #61736
                  June 2, 2008
                  3714 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Well I just called back too in Raleigh and read to her what you posted and she put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said she made a mistake and then would not say what percentage it was...so that makes 2 of them that have made a mistake...she would only say what is printed on the back of the card...(1:2.65) you must have called Greensboro because she doesn't remember anyone else calling and laughing about it.

Even though 2 different people told me wrong about the percentages I don't consider them idiots.

I'm glad we had this conversation about it because I think a lot of people have the impression that the odds are much better than they are.

absolutely.... I am glad we did too!!  All I am trying to do is help.  When I see something wrong in someones post, I will always correct it, not because I think I am smarter or always right (Lord knows I am wrong on p3 more often than not), but because I know when people read things on hear they consider it gospel, and that isn't always true.

I made a mistake with the sum of 1, I thought it was out over 1,000 draws, then crow made a post and I saw that I was wrong, it was only out like 560 or so.

If I ever make a mistake, Lord knows that I want to know about it, because I am risking my hard earned money just like everyone else.

The NCEL is always going to HYPE their games and make it seem like everyone can win.....they are in the business of selling you lottery tickets.  The more they sell, they more money they make.

A true gambler is going to play the best odds.  The best odds of winning in the lottery is p3 followed by p4.  The scratchers have the worst odds of winning and that is a fact.  I am not saying that I never buy one, because I do, but the bulk of what I risk is on the p3 because it is the best odds. 

I play 1 PB ticket and 1 p5 ticket every draw, and once in a blue moon, if I am up big on p3 i will buy more p5.

Play the odds, it will help you in the long run.

North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #59855
                    March 29, 2008
                    31955 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

absolutely.... I am glad we did too!!  All I am trying to do is help.  When I see something wrong in someones post, I will always correct it, not because I think I am smarter or always right (Lord knows I am wrong on p3 more often than not), but because I know when people read things on hear they consider it gospel, and that isn't always true.

I made a mistake with the sum of 1, I thought it was out over 1,000 draws, then crow made a post and I saw that I was wrong, it was only out like 560 or so.

If I ever make a mistake, Lord knows that I want to know about it, because I am risking my hard earned money just like everyone else.

The NCEL is always going to HYPE their games and make it seem like everyone can win.....they are in the business of selling you lottery tickets.  The more they sell, they more money they make.

A true gambler is going to play the best odds.  The best odds of winning in the lottery is p3 followed by p4.  The scratchers have the worst odds of winning and that is a fact.  I am not saying that I never buy one, because I do, but the bulk of what I risk is on the p3 because it is the best odds. 

I play 1 PB ticket and 1 p5 ticket every draw, and once in a blue moon, if I am up big on p3 i will buy more p5.

Play the odds, it will help you in the long run.

Ok thanks!  I'm sorry I snapped at you in the other post!See Ya!

Summerfield NC
                      United States
                      Member #61736
                      June 2, 2008
                      3714 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Ok thanks!  I'm sorry I snapped at you in the other post!See Ya!

No harm, no foul.  Just trying to help everyone out.

North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31955 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

One more thing...I never was good in math!Crazy

I don't know to this day how I passed Algebra in high school!Big Grin

Summerfield NC
                          United States
                          Member #61736
                          June 2, 2008
                          3714 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

speaking of odds and winning big, rather than buying an extravaganza, I am going to put $20 staight on 007 today!

North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #59855
                            March 29, 2008
                            31955 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

speaking of odds and winning big, rather than buying an extravaganza, I am going to put $20 staight on 007 today!

Wow, if you believe in it that much I'll get one for a dollar...Crazy

Summerfield NC
                              United States
                              Member #61736
                              June 2, 2008
                              3714 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2009, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Wow, if you believe in it that much I'll get one for a dollar...Crazy

and play one exact would ya??? You always play great #'s but you never benefit fully from them!!! exact

exactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexact

exactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexactexact

Page 64 of 310