Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning Small?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by mccoybrown.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #80450
September 27, 2009
56 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2009, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I play Mega Millions only, the most I have spent on tickets is $8 at a time...I usually spent $1-$2 dollars mostly change lying around...I do manage to win something $2 on a $1 play and $11 on a $8 play. I have fun and always happy to win something. My question is; If i win small frequently does this mean I will win big eventually? By the way i just won $2 on the last Mega Millions draw.

Indiana
    United States
    Member #79479
    September 2, 2009
    42 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2009, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I play Mega Millions only, the most I have spent on tickets is $8 at a time...I usually spent $1-$2 dollars mostly change lying around...I do manage to win something $2 on a $1 play and $11 on a $8 play. I have fun and always happy to win something. My question is; If i win small frequently does this mean I will win big eventually? By the way i just won $2 on the last Mega Millions draw.

No, it doesnt mean that you will hit big someday. But it also doesnt mean you WONT hit big someday either Wink

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19894 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2009, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the MegaMillions drawing details at USAMega after every drawings, you'll see there are nearly a half million winners of $3-$10 prizes.  With only 15 jackpot winners a year, how long do you think it would take for even a 1000 of those winners to win a jackpot?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2009, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

You're odds are no better or worse than everybody else with a ticket.

Lucky people win and unlucky people win.

One thing for sure though, you ain't gonna win it if you ain't in it.

Good luck luvrh.   Thumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2009, 2:07 am - IP Logged

NO - AND DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THINKING SO!

Take it from me, the first time in my life I played the lottery I played 5 games and got money back on 4 of them, I then thought the same thing you did, I went out and bought about $200 worth of tickets, and got back ZERO. NADDA. NOTHING. This was 20 years ago before I figured it out, now I play $1 or $2 whenever I think about it, not consistently.

Bahamas
            Member #69961
            January 21, 2009
            66 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2009, 5:37 am - IP Logged

try cash 3and 4 maybe that will help