Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Post>WE want G@@D>honest SOFTWARE!!

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LotteryTechInc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5114 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2009, 12:51 am - IP Logged

NO poll>>>>>>>>>>>needed<<<<<<<<<<<<<<!!!!!

WE want>>>>>>>>>DEMAND>>>>>"QUALITY" soft!!!

psykomo

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2009, 8:32 am - IP Logged

You got it.  All the software currently available is part of Platinum membership.  You can find much of it in the Systems menu.  You can also peruse all the various Platinum feature by clicking Premium Memberships on the left.

Although it can be nice to install software on your PC, there are several advantages to the Lottery Post method of online software:

• You never need to update the draw data, or rely on a software author to provide updates.  Lottery Post's software is integrated with the drawing database, which just happens to be one of the largest and most complete on the planet, and it is updated much faster and more accurately than any installed software.
    • New features and bug fixes are instantly available and happen all the time.  It's a fact: every piece of software ever written has bugs.  (One of the first thing developers are taught.)  If you purchase and install software, you'll be living with those bugs.  At LP, when people report bugs I usually have them fixed in short order, and they are instantly available to everyone.
    • No need to mess with registering software or registration codes that get lost or expired.  Worse, some software tracks the PC it is installed on, and if your hard drive crashes before you had a chance to uninstall your software, it may refuse to install on another PC.  I actually had that happen to me one time.
    • Use the software from any PC connected to the Internet -- even use it on an iPhone -- without ever bothering to install anything.  When you install software on a PC, it's like a boat anchor tying you to that PC.  And if a new version comes out, you'll need to update each copy.

Most of all, I think the integration of the vast drawing database at LP is probably the biggest advantage feature-wise.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ace649's avatar - Lottery-019.jpg

Canada
      Member #66533
      October 28, 2008
      170 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2009, 11:57 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
        Wyncote,Pa
        United States
        Member #3206
        January 3, 2004
        60714 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2009, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

As a part of a Platinum membership, 

would be nice to install  some

offline lottery systems software on the PC.

We' ll deal with the few disadvantanges. 

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
          Member #67381
          November 24, 2008
          282 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2009, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

hahahah  thats a good one B.A, u pay for access to it not for software :) and i doubt todd will let u have any of them on ur computer , Iv spoken with Lucky while back about his flower and predictions system and he told he gave it to todd, i would love to have the flower system on my pc if there is a price on it i would love to hear about it (TODD ?) .

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2009, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Well, I tried to explain why I don't do that.  Of course there are people who disagree with the way Lottery Post works, that's only natural.  Hopefully at the very least I was successful in explaining my point of view so that even if you disagree, you understand why.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2009, 10:38 am - IP Logged

hahahah  thats a good one B.A, u pay for access to it not for software :) and i doubt todd will let u have any of them on ur computer , Iv spoken with Lucky while back about his flower and predictions system and he told he gave it to todd, i would love to have the flower system on my pc if there is a price on it i would love to hear about it (TODD ?) .

Lucky has indeed very generously donated several systems to Lottery Post.  I have completed two of them, the Followers system and the Daily Tracker.  (He referred to the latter one in the forums as "States I Track".)  Both are available in the Systems menu, and are constantly updated with the latest results.  They provide numbers specific to each individual state (and province).

I do have plans to implement the others, but it has been a struggle because of the enormous backlog of things on my to-do list, plus just keeping the site maintained.  When I do program them, they will be Platinum member features, just like the other systems.

Software that is installed on your PC would have all the disadvantages that I mentioned above, and would never be able to be updated up-to-the-minute like the Platinum features and data are.  In other words, it would not be nearly as good

There are many other reasons, such as the fact that it is much harder (and takes more time) to write and package a stand-alone software application.  I would have to dedicate several weeks to do it -- just for one application.  That would be a waste.

Maybe that kind of thing works well for a hobbyist looking to share a program they wrote with some people.  But it really doesn't fit for someone (me) who runs the world's largest lottery-related web site, and is also busy programming a dozen other systems and features simultaneously.

Besides, if people like Blackapple did not pay for a premium membership, and there were no funds coming in to pay for the basic costs associated with running this site, then you would not have a forum in which to post your "hahahah" comment. 

You may not understand it, because you have not upgraded your membership, but those who have done so and have used the huge array of tools, data, and statistics available to premium members, know very well that the small cost of a premium membership provides much more benefit every single day that a CD full of software they could install on their PC.  The reason for my post about was to try to explain that, but I also understand that there are some people who refuse to pay for anything on the Internet.  Their loss.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2009, 11:11 am - IP Logged

The apps. available to Platinum members is priceless.   There is no easy way to do any of the resources or tools locally or find anything close to LP on the net.  Todd has a great site and I reccommend it highly for those who have not experienced the Platinum access.

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
                  Wyncote,Pa
                  United States
                  Member #3206
                  January 3, 2004
                  60714 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2009, 4:38 pm - IP Logged
                  I have to admit I'm dependent on the
                  huge array of tools, data, and statistics
                  and the convenience it provides.Gifted programmer that you are,however you
                  may not know the extent of anxiety one feels during the absence(offline) of LP.You rescued  lottery enthusiasts of the defunct Maybell site.You're unsurpassed in the services you provide.Who will carry your torch?
                    Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
                    Member #67381
                    November 24, 2008
                    282 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I just wanna apologize to all members and specially Todd for myprevious comment ,which came out not as i intended, i didn't mean to besarcastic or anything like that just a bad day and i hope Todd willremove that post.
                    Once again SORRY for my momentary stupidity, and will not happen again.

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2009, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I just wanna apologize to all members and specially Todd for myprevious comment ,which came out not as i intended, i didn't mean to besarcastic or anything like that just a bad day and i hope Todd willremove that post.
                      Once again SORRY for my momentary stupidity, and will not happen again.

There is nothing to apologize for.   You did not break the rules, and we were merely engaged in another lively discussion.  I see the forums as a place where ideas are discussed openly and kicked around -- not where opposing views are silenced.  Sometimes it's even better to have a somewhat contentious discussion, because it might help other people reading the thread understand the viewpoints even better, and may help change their minds one way or the other.

United States
                        Member #68002
                        December 10, 2008
                        477 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2009, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I happen too have some great commcercially available software that helps me analyse/study the numbers,there is really good software on the internet if you know what too look for.It has features/tools Just as good or better than what you have here.

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                          Member #45970
                          September 1, 2006
                          4763 Posts
                          Posted: October 10, 2009, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I hate to say this, but after reading all these comments I can't help myself. One thing that I have learned after much trial and error is this......I don't care how fancy your software is, or how gifted you are at analyzing numbers, in the end winning boils down to 2 things....1) Find a simple system that you like and stck with it through thick and thin. You win some, and you lose some, but chasing all sorts of different systems around usually ends up with way more losses than wins, whereas you would have won more by just sticking with your old trusty standby sytem, and 2) In the end it still all boils down to luck. It's a random number generator after all! Nuff said, and I'm getting off my soapbox now.

United States
                            Member #68002
                            December 10, 2008
                            477 Posts
                            Posted: October 10, 2009, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Florida uses Draw machines not random number generators