Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should we trust?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by markp1950.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kalamazoo,michigan
United States
Member #80719
October 3, 2009
2 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2009, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I live in Michigan and must say this state suck in every meaning thanks to Michigan government! I seriously think they control results of lottery .It's easy to do so now with computerized system.

Anybody can suggest where should I go to get real information about how they draw winning numbers?Who can I question?

thanks in advance!

Andy

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2009, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Good luck!!  My experience has been that the lottory will gladly share some information but as to the inner workings of their operation, they are tighter than the CIA. 

There was a 3 million dollar winner in Nashville a few weeks ago.  I called to find out  which store, sold the winning ticket.  They told me until the winner steps forward, they could not give out this information.   I guess they will not be paying the store their fair share if the winner never comes forth.

I can not for the life of me think of one good reason to withhold the name of the store.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
      Member #65357
      September 25, 2008
      96 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2009, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

hi andy.  can't trust anyone these days. 

even with balls then can be fixed.   i love the theory of filling balls up with a gas making them float over the others. 

just don't play more than you can afford.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2009, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

You might as well talk to a wall as talk to anyone from government or a government agency. They all act like they're a member of the ruling class once they get in there.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Illinois
          United States
          Member #80376
          September 25, 2009
          57 Posts
          Posted: October 3, 2009, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Good luck!!  My experience has been that the lottory will gladly share some information but as to the inner workings of their operation, they are tighter than the CIA. 

There was a 3 million dollar winner in Nashville a few weeks ago.  I called to find out  which store, sold the winning ticket.  They told me until the winner steps forward, they could not give out this information.   I guess they will not be paying the store their fair share if the winner never comes forth.

I can not for the life of me think of one good reason to withhold the name of the store.

there ain't a good reason.  it's good to withhold name of winner, to protect winner.   There should be a lotto winner's protection program,   protects from begs,  mails, calls, knocking on doors, kidnapping, blackmail,   ransom, murder

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2009, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Of course there's a good reason. Until the lottery anounces the store, the only people who should know are the lottery and the person who bought the winning ticket. If the rightful owner loses the ticket, being able to tell when and where it was bought could be very important in proving ownership.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3103 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2009, 3:42 am - IP Logged

I live in Michigan and must say this state suck in every meaning thanks to Michigan government! I seriously think they control results of lottery .It's easy to do so now with computerized system.

Anybody can suggest where should I go to get real information about how they draw winning numbers?Who can I question?

thanks in advance!

Andy

Your search starts here . . .

http://www.lotterypost.com/lottery-report-card.asp

BobP

Illinois
                United States
                Member #80376
                September 25, 2009
                57 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2009, 6:56 am - IP Logged

Your search starts here . . .

http://www.lotterypost.com/lottery-report-card.asp

BobP

w/o ball drawings,  the computers can select the least payout to  the citizens, so state keeps more.   avoid numbers that played most often from player and  RNG other #.    Hackers will hack them.  In China's  lotto game, a hacker hacked the RNG computer to let computer pick his number and won $33 million

Kalamazoo,michigan
                  United States
                  Member #80719
                  October 3, 2009
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2009, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! Now I'm sure Michigan is cheating! Lotto47, Fantasy5 and Keno are the easiest ones to win a fair amount of money. Now I see those three are computerized drawings... :(

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2009, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Wherever there are large or even small amounts of cash there are people trying to get it surreptitiously. That is a fact of life. To deny or ignore that fact is just foolish. Whether these forces are actively in process in any given state's lottery is a matter of opinion. But the introduction of computers in place of the ball machines under the claim of saving 80 K in an industry generating multiple millions seems suspicious. Especially in light of falling player participation due to lack of confidence after the switch. The introduction of computers would seem apropos in the facilitation of any such malfeasance. The lottery people's reluctance to address this loss of confidence or even acknowledge it only serves to increase it.

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2009, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

w/o ball drawings,  the computers can select the least payout to  the citizens, so state keeps more.   avoid numbers that played most often from player and  RNG other #.    Hackers will hack them.  In China's  lotto game, a hacker hacked the RNG computer to let computer pick his number and won $33 million

In China's  lotto game, a hacker hacked the RNG computer to let computer pick his number and won $33 million

What was your source for that story?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

San Diego, CA
                        United States
                        Member #58386
                        February 12, 2008
                        287 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2009, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

In China's  lotto game, a hacker hacked the RNG computer to let computer pick his number and won $33 million

What was your source for that story?

Do a google seach with these words:

"china lotto hacked"

It is the first result.

It was for 4.8 million dollars, 33 million yen

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2009, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Do a google seach with these words:

"china lotto hacked"

It is the first result.

It was for 4.8 million dollars, 33 million yen

That was interesting and shows that there's always somebody working to cheat the system.

There was also another story there about a lottery retailer in China who found out he could punch in the winning numbers up to 5 minutes after they were drawn. He was having friends and neighbors cash in the tickets for some time. He got caught after making more than 3 million and got life in prison.

--Edmund Burke

Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #80376
                            September 25, 2009
                            57 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2009, 5:59 am - IP Logged

Yeah google it, and it's first link, Shanghai Daily reported the 33 million yuan (chinese dollar) almost stolen.   Probably happened who knows how many times in the past.      I knew that one,  since I'm fluent in Chinese,  and  read it in  a Chinese lotto board. 

From what I read,  they have national lottery orgs.  They have a couple of them,  and even in a ball drawing game,  one can allegedly  control the balls electromagnetically, due to embedded device(s) on balls or the  drum's  mechanism.  Because many times, the jackpot winner seems to be neatly spread out nonrandomly, in   a pattern, travelling from province to province,  each province gets its win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19826 Posts
                              Posted: October 5, 2009, 8:37 am - IP Logged

JWBlue,

Thanks for the information.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking