Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Changed My Life Marathon

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Indiana
United States
Member #79479
September 2, 2009
42 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2009, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Probably will be too late for most but I just noticed tonight, Oct 3rd TLC channel (280 on DirecTV) is having a Lottery Changed My Life "marathon", 6pm until 2am. Looks to be showing all the old episodes. I love this show... hope to be featured someday soon.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
    Member #65357
    September 25, 2008
    96 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2009, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

shut it off as soon as i seen the guy with all the ATV's

that made me sick.   lol

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
      Member #60535
      April 21, 2008
      460 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2009, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I have it on now.  It's actually very hard to watch, it brings tears to my eyes. I just wish I would win enough to pay off my debt and there's this lady with all of these purses, i think like $200,000 worth.  Just kills me.

germantown md
        United States
        Member #64543
        August 31, 2008
        3771 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2009, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

yeah just turned on the tv

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2009, 7:25 am - IP Logged

I've seen these "rich" programs on TV.

Like $10,000 bottles of wine, enough to feed a family for a year. 

I just couldn't do that...

MarkP

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #77101
            July 13, 2009
            7805 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2009, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Caught some of it last night.  Couldn't really take lady that won $112,000,000 - thought she made a fool of herself giving $1m to a charity just to be on the Board with Steven Spielberg, etc.  I guess that's what happens when you come into that kind of $$$$.  She really went Hollywood.   

dopey7719's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
              Midlands, SC
              United States
              Member #69698
              January 14, 2009
              303 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2009, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I hate I missed that!  If I won, my story would be pretty darn boring.  Lady wins lottery and pays off all of her student loans and her family's bills....lady is now broke again.  End of story.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                Member #60535
                April 21, 2008
                460 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2009, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Caught some of it last night.  Couldn't really take lady that won $112,000,000 - thought she made a fool of herself giving $1m to a charity just to be on the Board with Steven Spielberg, etc.  I guess that's what happens when you come into that kind of $$$$.  She really went Hollywood.   

I don't know about you but i don't buy the BS that she wrote 112,000,000 on a piece of paper and slept with it under her pillow for weeks.  She's the one I was talking about that bought all the purses.  We will be hearing about her in a few years...

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                  The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3684 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2009, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Probably will be too late for most but I just noticed tonight, Oct 3rd TLC channel (280 on DirecTV) is having a Lottery Changed My Life "marathon", 6pm until 2am. Looks to be showing all the old episodes. I love this show... hope to be featured someday soon.

I had more important things to do like watch the 'Mythbusters' marathon. Yeah!! BOOM, BANG, CRASH, POW!!! I love that show.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                  Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                  Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                  Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                  Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    7713 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2009, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I watched one show of that and it was enough in my book. Don't care to see all that overspending, self indulgence and waste,it's enough to make you sick to your stomach. Seems to me they focus on the toys and luxuries (which I guess a lot of people are impressed by or that they think people want to see). I would care to see more of what these folks do for others and charity instead of for themselves.

Monkey Butt, USA
                      United States
                      Member #54569
                      August 23, 2007
                      1124 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2009, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

When I win my jackpots I intend to indulge-indulge-indulge. And I intend to do it guilt free. I intend to enjoy every materialistic moment of my indulgence with a completely peaceful mind. I've earned the right to enjoy my win any way I choose, because I am the one who worked my butt off putting my numbers together for a winning combination. And since my combination won I intend to live it up as I see fit. If I decide to share my wealth then that is my business. If I decide not to share my wealth then that is my business.

Why shouldn't I enjoy myself and lavish myself with expensive goods? If not me then who? I once heard a woman speak on PBS about how we deprive ourselves. The woman used an example that almost all of us can relate to. She used the example of bed linen, towels, dishes, furniture. You know, the good towels you can't use, the good sheets that you better not use, the good china-crystal that sits in the cabinet for that special occasion that never seems to occur, the furniture that you are forbidden to sit on. She proceeded to point out how we deprive ourselves of using these items and when we die how our relatives or whoever gets those items uses them guilt free.

Well, I intend to intend to completely enjoy the benefits-perks that comes along with all of my jackpot wins. And if I have nothing at the end of my life then I can die knowing that I had a wonderful and comfortable ride. Why should I leave the bulk of it behind for someone else to enjoy? I already know what is at the beginning of life (birth) and I know what is at the end of life (death). What I don't know is what is in the middle. My jackpot wins will guarantee that my middle is very enjoyable. After all you only pass through this life once, you might as well enjoy the trip.

So if these people want to purchase atv's-suv's-houses-jewelry-cars-trips-charities-animals-clothes-hair-teeth-politicians-titles-or whatever, I have no problems with that because it is their choice. Should they decide to share the wealth fine. Should they decide not to share a dime, still fine. It is their money and their choice. They are not obligated to anyone but themselves.

So to all jackpot winners.........

ENJOY YOUR BLING-BLING 

Party Party

GO (fill in your name)! GO (fill in your name)! IT'S YOUR PAYDAY!!! IT'S YOUR PAYDAY!!!!

Party Party

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                        Member #52345
                        May 21, 2007
                        2679 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2009, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

ROFL @ JADElottery ..... I love that show too ...

but I did manage to stomach a few mind numbing lottery stories ....  as for going nutz on material things 

I tink the hardest thing for me to endure would be the countless hours of re-wireing my brain to go nutz in the first place .....

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2009, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

When I win my jackpots I intend to indulge-indulge-indulge. And I intend to do it guilt free. I intend to enjoy every materialistic moment of my indulgence with a completely peaceful mind. I've earned the right to enjoy my win any way I choose, because I am the one who worked my butt off putting my numbers together for a winning combination. And since my combination won I intend to live it up as I see fit. If I decide to share my wealth then that is my business. If I decide not to share my wealth then that is my business.

Why shouldn't I enjoy myself and lavish myself with expensive goods? If not me then who? I once heard a woman speak on PBS about how we deprive ourselves. The woman used an example that almost all of us can relate to. She used the example of bed linen, towels, dishes, furniture. You know, the good towels you can't use, the good sheets that you better not use, the good china-crystal that sits in the cabinet for that special occasion that never seems to occur, the furniture that you are forbidden to sit on. She proceeded to point out how we deprive ourselves of using these items and when we die how our relatives or whoever gets those items uses them guilt free.

Well, I intend to intend to completely enjoy the benefits-perks that comes along with all of my jackpot wins. And if I have nothing at the end of my life then I can die knowing that I had a wonderful and comfortable ride. Why should I leave the bulk of it behind for someone else to enjoy? I already know what is at the beginning of life (birth) and I know what is at the end of life (death). What I don't know is what is in the middle. My jackpot wins will guarantee that my middle is very enjoyable. After all you only pass through this life once, you might as well enjoy the trip.

So if these people want to purchase atv's-suv's-houses-jewelry-cars-trips-charities-animals-clothes-hair-teeth-politicians-titles-or whatever, I have no problems with that because it is their choice. Should they decide to share the wealth fine. Should they decide not to share a dime, still fine. It is their money and their choice. They are not obligated to anyone but themselves.

So to all jackpot winners.........

ENJOY YOUR BLING-BLING 

Party Party

GO (fill in your name)! GO (fill in your name)! IT'S YOUR PAYDAY!!! IT'S YOUR PAYDAY!!!!

Party Party

I Agree! If someone wins 20 or 50 or even 100 + million, I'm not surprised to see them splurging every once in a while. It doesn't mean they will all go broke. Would I buy a bunch of purses or atv's. No, because that isn't my thing, but I would probably get stuff that I enjoy. I mean really, why shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy their win?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: October 4, 2009, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I was surprised to see some of the outcomes of winning. The saddest was the guy from Chama, New Mexico whose family no longer speaks to him including his own mother. He seemed like the nicest guy you could ever meet. He must have had some real losers for family though for that to happen.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #54390
                              August 17, 2007
                              313 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2009, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I hate I missed that!  If I won, my story would be pretty darn boring.  Lady wins lottery and pays off all of her student loans and her family's bills....lady is now broke again.  End of story.

You may never know.  Money make peopel two-faced.

As I posted earlier, There's this devouted Christian in my city that won $700,000.   He used to be quiet  and nice.. Now he's the total opposite and he has broken many laws now.