Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lotto Xtra - Good Idea?

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 7 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2009, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

It's going to replace the Lotto Plus feature which increases your jackpot, and nothing else, with something similar to the PowerPlay in Powerball. Only difference is it adds a new prize level too, a free ticket (with Xtra) if you match 2 out of 6. It starts October 11th.

I think this a marked step up. The old feature required you to beat 1 in 23,000,000 odds before it would make any kind of benefit. The new feature is worth it if you only beat odds of 1 in 8, and if you beat the 1 in 67 cash odds, then it really gets good. Remember, odds dictate that you will win 340,000+ smaller prizes before you hit the Florida Lotto jackpot. And in Powerball it's a even bigger number, you will win almost more than 5,000,000 smaller prizes before you hit pot. So, why not multiply those prizes?

Plus, is it just me or is this very similar to an idea I posted more than 2 years ago, the Lottoplier. Is it just me, or are people listening to my ideas? The Italian lottery firm Sisal just put out a game very, very similar to another idea I posted on my blog earlier this year, a game I called HiLo. I need to make more lottery ideas because lotteries worldwide seem to be listening.

(insert signature here)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Good idea?

Yes & no.  The reason I don't like it might be personal, since I already bet a certain amount of numbers every Wed & Sat on Lotto.  So I'm not going to double my monthly "gambling allowance" no matter what incentives they offer, unless the odds change. 

However, if someone only spends a dollar or 2, then maybe it's worth a try.  To date I've never gotten 5 out of 6 numbers, not in 15 years.  So, if I decide to spend twice the money, I'd rather buy twice the tickets to increase my chance of winning the jackpot.