Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In Florida...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by MoneyMoney.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2009, 2:44 am - IP Logged

I went to cash in a winning scratch-off for $100 and the clerk asked to see my id. I've never been carded before. Is that a new policy?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2009, 3:21 am - IP Logged

You must looked young to the clerk. Take it as a compliment and flash them the ID.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2009, 6:04 am - IP Logged

Even if it was a new policy, remember, the clerk doesn't make the policies(well, unless he/she's the owner). The store owner does. No need to get upset with them. They're just doing their job. I've always hated jobs dealing with the public.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
        Little Rock, AR
        United States
        Member #68365
        December 19, 2008
        241 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2009, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Where in his post did he say he was upset with the clerk?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2009, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I went to cash in a winning scratch-off for $100 and the clerk asked to see my id. I've never been carded before. Is that a new policy?

I've been carded a couple of times, when I went to purchase lottery tickets. Although, that was a couple of years ago. However, I've never been asked for my ID when cashing in a ticket.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1953 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2009, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Where in his post did he say he was upset with the clerk?

You're right, he didn't say explicity that he was upset about it, but I mean, come on, he made a post about being carded at a store. A post.........about being carded.........at a store.*sigh*

Gonna win.Big Smile

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
              Little Rock, AR
              United States
              Member #68365
              December 19, 2008
              241 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2009, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

What's your point? It sounds like he was asking a question about something he did not know.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                Miami
                United States
                Member #62793
                July 9, 2008
                673 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2009, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Even if it was a new policy, remember, the clerk doesn't make the policies(well, unless he/she's the owner). The store owner does. No need to get upset with them. They're just doing their job. I've always hated jobs dealing with the public.

I didn't get upset with the clerk, Guru. My wife used to manage a store like this one so I know he's just doing what he's told. I'm just a little confused since I've been cashing tickets for a looong time in a lot of different places and never has anyone carded me. If anything, they should card me when I BUY a ticket, which ironically they don't do at this very story. Hence my confusion.

I'm waiting on an answer from the Lottery. I'll keep you posted on the official policy.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Charlotte North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #81017
                  October 9, 2009
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2009, 2:14 am - IP Logged

dont worry , i use to be clerk too i use to sell lottery tickets i had to check ID if the person looks young to ME. this is the key word  if the person looks young TO ME than i check the id because if you sell tickets to someone who is underage than you are just braking the law and putting your self in trouble of course.  it doesnt matter  you are cashing in your ticket or buying if clerk ask for ID you must present it or NO SALE. if you are thinking about blind story about this   believe me there is no blind story behind it     you purchase ticket , and you cash it if you win and   thats  alll  .