Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

VA Drawing, so how about this.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pamelab.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
north carolina/virginia
United States
Member #2097
August 17, 2003
126 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2009, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

According to this I guess the numbers in VA drawn and pre-recorded days ahead.  Some how I just dont think this is right.

Incorrect Airing Of Draw Show

October 8, 2009

Viewers who watched the October 7, 2009, Virginia Lottery night draw show did not see the correct numbers. On Wednesday, October 7, 2009, the wrong video for the Virginia Lottery’s night draw show was transmitted to television stations statewide. The drawing itself was conducted properly and the official winning numbers were drawn according to Virginia Lottery rules.

Virginia Lottery drawings are held at a television studio in Richmond. Video of the drawing is then shared nightly with other television stations. Unfortunately, due to human error, a video from a previous Lottery drawing was transmitted to those television stations.

The official winning numbers for the October 7, 2009, night drawing are:
Pick 3: 8-9-1
Pick 4: 6-7-5-7
Cash 5: 13-16-18-32-34

The Win for Life drawing was not affected by this mistake; TV viewers saw the correct Win for Life numbers.

We apologize for any confusion caused by this error. For a complete listing of all Virginia Lottery drawings and winning numbers, go to www.valottery.com.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2009, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I hate when that happens.

I've seen wrong numbers in the newspapers and on the Active thing on Direct TV. But when you can't put full confidence in the lottery to get it right it gets irritating. That's the reason I always have them checked by the machine before I toss 'em. Heck, even then you have to watch the person running them to make sure they do them all and give you back what you gave them.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

north carolina/virginia
      United States
      Member #2097
      August 17, 2003
      126 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2009, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I am the only one who is having a problem with the drawings being pre record days in advance.  My concern is suppose your method of working the numbers out depend upon a specific day or date, if the draw is not on that specific date it throws your workout off.  Also dont VA advertise "live drawing", so is'nt this false advertising? Then this also raise another issue, I am sure the days draws is kept safely away, but nevertheless the same human error that caused the wrong draw to be aired, can be the same human error who can release the winning numbers ahead of time to a friend.  Maybe I am in my own world with this, however it just seems wrong.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2009, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I am the only one who is having a problem with the drawings being pre record days in advance.  My concern is suppose your method of working the numbers out depend upon a specific day or date, if the draw is not on that specific date it throws your workout off.  Also dont VA advertise "live drawing", so is'nt this false advertising? Then this also raise another issue, I am sure the days draws is kept safely away, but nevertheless the same human error that caused the wrong draw to be aired, can be the same human error who can release the winning numbers ahead of time to a friend.  Maybe I am in my own world with this, however it just seems wrong.

They still do the drawings live everyday for that day. It was just that they send tapes of it to the news outlets and some dummy sent the wrong tape. He sent one of the tapes from a previous drawing. Still aggravating though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

north carolina/virginia
          United States
          Member #2097
          August 17, 2003
          126 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2009, 5:08 am - IP Logged

Thanks for clarifying this for me, I was beginning to think Virgina Lottery needs to be sued for false advertising.