Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Pro or Gail Howard ?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 7 years ago by luvrh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Liverpool
United Kingdom
Member #81097
October 11, 2009
11 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2009, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I just wondered what you guys thought of these systems ? I'm looking to use a system, but would really appreciate your opinions,

many thanks

Jackie xx

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19891 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2009, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I think they both have disclaimers saying they should only be used for "entertainment".  Gail Howard programs run in a Command window of Windows because they're still DOS programs and I've heard that some DOS programs won't run in a 64 bit version of Windows which concerns me since I plan to upgrade to a new computer when Windows7 is standard on them and all my lottery programs are written in GWBasic and complied using a QBasic compiler.  I'll have to make sure I don't get one with a 64 bit operating system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
      Member #391
      June 8, 2002
      16263 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2009, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I just wondered what you guys thought of these systems ? I'm looking to use a system, but would really appreciate your opinions,

many thanks

Jackie xx

I can't talk to much on the Gail Howard's system, but I would suggest that you take Lotto Pro out for a test drive. You can download the software and use it for a trial period ( last time I checked it was 15 days). This will give you plenty of time to see if it is something you like and can work with. I think it is well worth the cost, but don't take my word, download it for yourself.

>Michael

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
        Constitutional Money Is Real Money
        Brick City
        United States
        Member #1216
        March 3, 2003
        1780 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2009, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm a long time Gail Howard system user and I like the system very much. The only problem with Gail's system is the extremely LONG learning curve. I would not advise getting Gail's system unless you want to dedicate some serious study time to learning how to interpret all the tables and charts. It took me almost 6 months of study 1 or 2 hours a day in my free time until I was comfortable with making pics that I would put money on. The study time has paid off as I have hit many 4 of 5 in the NY Take Five game when I lived in the NY metro area. I'm still working on Mega Millions, but I get good tips and hints from the tables and charts and have hit a bunch of 3 of 5 and one 4 of 5 using Gail's system over the last 5 years.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
        Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
        (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
        Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
        himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

United States
          Member #68002
          December 10, 2008
          477 Posts
          Posted: October 13, 2009, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Gail Howard has the best charts for analysis compared too LottoPro I have both programs and Gail Howard is my main lottery tool when ever I play.

Liverpool
            United Kingdom
            Member #81097
            October 11, 2009
            11 Posts
            Posted: October 13, 2009, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi guys,

thanks so much for your replies. Will Gail Howards system work in Windows XP? - sorry I don't much understand the DOS thingy,

I figured if I got the software instead of the book, it might quicker to get to grips with - is this not the case ?

I have downloaded Lotto Pro a couple of days ago, so will definitely give it a good try, I like their charts. Does the Gail Howard system work in a similar way to Lotto Pro; past draws, hot numbers etc etc ?

many thanks again for your help with this,

Jackie xx

Garnet Valley, PA-
              United States
              Member #65474
              September 27, 2008
              2 Posts
              Posted: October 13, 2009, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Hi guys,

thanks so much for your replies. Will Gail Howards system work in Windows XP? - sorry I don't much understand the DOS thingy,

I figured if I got the software instead of the book, it might quicker to get to grips with - is this not the case ?

I have downloaded Lotto Pro a couple of days ago, so will definitely give it a good try, I like their charts. Does the Gail Howard system work in a similar way to Lotto Pro; past draws, hot numbers etc etc ?

many thanks again for your help with this,

Jackie xx

I have both Gail Howard' software and the book. You will need both to understand her system.

You can look at hot numbers, skips and hits, odd and even, high and low, past five draws, and change the dates to pretend the lottery has

not happened yet. I use this to test drive the a lottery and learn how I work. The software picks are not too reliable, but sometimes they work,

so I look at them, but do not think they are gospel.

It takes time to understand her book and the software. The book takes a couple of reads to understand it.

Do not give up, there are a lot of good ideas.

The DOS front end makes it not look too pretty, but you can get use to it.

I just ordered LottoPro because I like a lot of different views of the data.

There are other software programs out there, is anyone familiar with them?

Good luck!

Liverpool
                United Kingdom
                Member #81097
                October 11, 2009
                11 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I have both Gail Howard' software and the book. You will need both to understand her system.

You can look at hot numbers, skips and hits, odd and even, high and low, past five draws, and change the dates to pretend the lottery has

not happened yet. I use this to test drive the a lottery and learn how I work. The software picks are not too reliable, but sometimes they work,

so I look at them, but do not think they are gospel.

It takes time to understand her book and the software. The book takes a couple of reads to understand it.

Do not give up, there are a lot of good ideas.

The DOS front end makes it not look too pretty, but you can get use to it.

I just ordered LottoPro because I like a lot of different views of the data.

There are other software programs out there, is anyone familiar with them?

Good luck!

Hi littlecat,

so do you use it mainly for graphs and ideas, but not the predictions ? do you put your own numbers together based on the statistical data ? I get the impression people here use several systems, but I don't think my PC would have enough memory for them all - lol

What is your main tool for picking numbers ? sorry for all the q's, but these systems are all new to me,

thanks

Jackie xx

Garnet Valley, PA-
                  United States
                  Member #65474
                  September 27, 2008
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: October 13, 2009, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi littlecat,

so do you use it mainly for graphs and ideas, but not the predictions ? do you put your own numbers together based on the statistical data ? I get the impression people here use several systems, but I don't think my PC would have enough memory for them all - lol

What is your main tool for picking numbers ? sorry for all the q's, but these systems are all new to me,

thanks

Jackie xx

Yes, I use it mainly for graphs and ideas. The predictions are occasionally correct, but I have not seen any pattern. I guess we all would be rich

if they were correct all the time!! I take the software predictions into consideration, but not much more.

I also do a lot of dry runs based on past lottery results to practice more. I do not have to wait to see if I am correct AND

I do not have to spend any moeny.

There are some books out about the system of numbers, which I read. The idea is that there are not random numbers.

The Gail Howard book has good ideas, but hard to understand. I am going to read it again.

There are lots of really experienced players on this site. I sometimes just read their posts to get some insite.

They are also very interesting.

The pick 5 lottos are suppose to be the best to start looking at, I live in PA and have just begun to get the Cash 5 here.

They are easier to win and designed that way.

The charts I use are:

I games out (for the last 5 games), Drawings since hit( which shows the patterns of hits), the number hit charts,

and two graphs that show combinationss how many high and low numbers are in the pick, and how many odd and even numbers

are in the pick.

I also "wheel' the numbers. Lottopost has some free wheels and I know there are others out there.

I think the Lotto program may have these, if you want to get that for free for 15 days to see what you are in for.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3112 Posts
                    Posted: October 13, 2009, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

many thanks

Jackie xx

Lotto Pro is a great first software for those who want to start playing lotto without a lot of study. 

Gail Howard is great for research, not so good for prediction.  You have to teach yourself how to make the software win for you.  If you are at that level the GH books and the Lotto-Logix book make a good foundation.

BobP

TN
                      United States
                      Member #80857
                      October 5, 2009
                      63 Posts
                      Posted: October 13, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

May I ask how some of everyone winnings has been using either of these programs? I noticed Gail Howards free tips are very good but haven't won much using them.

Liverpool
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #81097
                        October 11, 2009
                        11 Posts
                        Posted: October 14, 2009, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the replies guys!

Apart from the filters the software programs provide, are there other filters or other things one should be looking for ? I admit the idea of having software do all the hard work is appealing - lol, - but I am prepared the study the firgures if I know what to look for,

To BobP, when you say to learn to make the software work for me, would this be still using one of these software programs, or do you mean creating your own system / method?

Unfortunately here in the UK, all draws consist of 6 or 7 numbers, we don't have anything like a pick 3 or pick 4, which I suppose makes it harder,

thanks again

Jackie xx

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3112 Posts
                          Posted: October 14, 2009, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the replies guys!

Apart from the filters the software programs provide, are there other filters or other things one should be looking for ? I admit the idea of having software do all the hard work is appealing - lol, - but I am prepared the study the firgures if I know what to look for,

To BobP, when you say to learn to make the software work for me, would this be still using one of these software programs, or do you mean creating your own system / method?

Unfortunately here in the UK, all draws consist of 6 or 7 numbers, we don't have anything like a pick 3 or pick 4, which I suppose makes it harder,

thanks again

Jackie xx

Not every game is winable with every particular software.  You have to test the software against the game (previous draws) to determine whether the software is able to win and in doing so teach yourself how best to use it.

If it were easy to win the richest people in the world would be lottery software programmers.   Instead they're more like the art store supplies salesman who sells you the paints, canvas and brushes and you turn them into a masterpiece or maybe not. 

BobP

Liverpool
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #81097
                            October 11, 2009
                            11 Posts
                            Posted: October 14, 2009, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bob,

right, I see what you mean. I thought there was maybe some other complicated formulae you then applied to the software predictions - lol.  So it really is just a case of testing and see how it does ?

thanks 

Jackie xx

United States
                              Member #7437
                              October 3, 2004
                              383 Posts
                              Posted: October 14, 2009, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Jackie:

Since you are from the UK, have you ever tried Lotwin?

jayemmar