Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 4:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning the Mega Millions... hmmm...

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by emerald64.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Baltimore, MD
United States
Member #81201
October 13, 2009
2 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2009, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

HEy guys, I've just found this forum today, just because i have my own theories about The lottery (the mega million specifically). I've got to say this website is amazing. some of the things you guys come up with took me so long to come up with myself. HEHE! i feel sheepish. Anyhow, i decided to make an account [HORRAY!!], because I have some questions that i would like to get your answers to...

We'll just start with the basics then work our way up. to keep you guys from getting flooded with questions, i will just post one per topic that i make. I dont expect you guys to have the answer per se, i'd just like to hear your input on this one.

Whether the mega millions is rigged or not rigged is a question that really, lets face it, none of us can answer. however, if it were, why is it that all the winners are always low key and you never hear about them after, lets say for arguments sake, a year? I say this to say, If i won the mega millions, you'd see me at celebrity events, I'd be flashy. I'd buy top designer clothing and buy extravagent real estate. Not saying that everyone would do this, but I'd just like to see one.

IS it possible that the mega millions board picks its winners, not by the drawings, but by checking peoples backgrounds and credit and finding eligible candidates that way? They would then have them sign a waiver saying that they'd keep quiet with the whole thing and accept the winnings, make their few public appearances on TV with a made up story about how they "bought a ticket off a whim and they were going through whatever", then live out the rest of their earnings??

hmmm... lol. i might be crazy... i'd accept that if you guys called me it, but i guess i'm just giving you guys food for thought. lol.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5766 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2009, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

HEy guys, I've just found this forum today, just because i have my own theories about The lottery (the mega million specifically). I've got to say this website is amazing. some of the things you guys come up with took me so long to come up with myself. HEHE! i feel sheepish. Anyhow, i decided to make an account [HORRAY!!], because I have some questions that i would like to get your answers to...

We'll just start with the basics then work our way up. to keep you guys from getting flooded with questions, i will just post one per topic that i make. I dont expect you guys to have the answer per se, i'd just like to hear your input on this one.

Whether the mega millions is rigged or not rigged is a question that really, lets face it, none of us can answer. however, if it were, why is it that all the winners are always low key and you never hear about them after, lets say for arguments sake, a year? I say this to say, If i won the mega millions, you'd see me at celebrity events, I'd be flashy. I'd buy top designer clothing and buy extravagent real estate. Not saying that everyone would do this, but I'd just like to see one.

IS it possible that the mega millions board picks its winners, not by the drawings, but by checking peoples backgrounds and credit and finding eligible candidates that way? They would then have them sign a waiver saying that they'd keep quiet with the whole thing and accept the winnings, make their few public appearances on TV with a made up story about how they "bought a ticket off a whim and they were going through whatever", then live out the rest of their earnings??

hmmm... lol. i might be crazy... i'd accept that if you guys called me it, but i guess i'm just giving you guys food for thought. lol.

Of the thousands of players each week, they are going to comb the country and find that one person who meets their criteria and make them sign a waiver?????

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2009, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Your location is listed as Baltimore MD, and you don't remember Bunkie that won the 86mil and went on a buying spree for cars before he could cash the ticket. Do a search on the MD lottery website for past MegaMillion winners.

Oh....welcome to the site!!Party

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8395 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged
        No mega millions is not rigged. The security of mega millions is probably better than your local bank branch and rivals that of some museums.
        Mega million does not screen the millions of players.
        Mega millions does not know who the winner will be before the draw. 

Some winners in Maryland prefer to remain anonymous I'm sure they have their reasons like Litebets said Bunky Bartlett won and has been doing all kinds of stuff with his money

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          Baltimore, MD
          United States
          Member #81201
          October 13, 2009
          2 Posts
          Posted: October 13, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

lol. it was just a conspiracy theory guys. IT was just one of many. Its not that i think its rigged. i just like to be a devil's advocate sometimes and entertain the thought that things arent all that it seems. Whether is rigged or not will probably never be answered... at least probably not on this site. and honestly, i dont want to believe that it is. I think shakespeare said it best when he said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" conversely, poop by any other name would smell just as bad. The mega millions gives lots of ppl hope that a wonder ticket will bring them riches beyond they're wildest dreams. I'd never take that away from anyone whether it were rigged or not. lol. And if the lottery were a fake, i think it'd be a travesty to expose it. lol. but just saying guys, dont attack me.

BTW, Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to have joined this site. i see some very interesting debates coming of this.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8395 Posts
            Posted: October 13, 2009, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

lol. it was just a conspiracy theory guys. IT was just one of many. Its not that i think its rigged. i just like to be a devil's advocate sometimes and entertain the thought that things arent all that it seems. Whether is rigged or not will probably never be answered... at least probably not on this site. and honestly, i dont want to believe that it is. I think shakespeare said it best when he said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" conversely, poop by any other name would smell just as bad. The mega millions gives lots of ppl hope that a wonder ticket will bring them riches beyond they're wildest dreams. I'd never take that away from anyone whether it were rigged or not. lol. And if the lottery were a fake, i think it'd be a travesty to expose it. lol. but just saying guys, dont attack me.

BTW, Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to have joined this site. i see some very interesting debates coming of this.

this topic has been discussed many times--- here are a few links to the most recent ---

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
              NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3501 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2009, 2:57 am - IP Logged

"Where do people come up with this stuff?"

Are you surprised? Neither of us is smart enough to think up something so stupid that there isn't somebody out there who will believe it.

A waiver. Sure. Let me commit fraud and sign a confession before I'm even accused.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2009, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I fully agree with the first part of your last sentence (where you said you might be crazy).

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5766 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2009, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

"Where do people come up with this stuff?"

Are you surprised? Neither of us is smart enough to think up something so stupid that there isn't somebody out there who will believe it.

A waiver. Sure. Let me commit fraud and sign a confession before I'm even accused.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But, man....I do admit I don't think I could dream up a story like that. My old brain just doesn't think like that. LOL.

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
                    suffolk county, Long Island, NY
                    United States
                    Member #56449
                    November 19, 2007
                    1517 Posts
                    Posted: October 17, 2009, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

so who won NY mega millions ???