Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Orlando Powerball Winner

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Nino224.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2009, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

The Orlando Sentinel online has in-depth coverage of the winner of Fla's largest jackpot, Dr. William Steele. It's interesting to see some of the comments being posted about the article. Many people resent that a wealthy doctor won. I have to admit that was my first reaction as well, but after learning a little more about Dr. Steele and his plans for the money I'm glad it was him. I think it'll be interesting to see how an INTELLIGENT, charitable person will handle the windfall. Just a couple of weeks ago I watched Lottery Changed My Life on TLC, and was horrified by the number of not-too-bright, wasteful and selfish jackpot winners out there. This is a nice change.

Unfortunately, I predict Dr. Steele will be hating life in the very near future, and wishing he'd remained anonymous. The Sentinel has pictures of his mansion,  and details of his private life and medical practice. In his press conference he says he's looking forward to giving much of it away. In a city with the unemployment and crime statistics Orlando has I think that will prove to be a huge mistake. As we speak, criminals and con artists from around the country are mobilizing to get theirs. Not to mention the thousands that will be stalking him for handouts. 

Good luck to him.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
    Member #9579
    December 12, 2004
    2121 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2009, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

what would help us here would be did he use quickpiks,or his own numbers?

Miami
      United States
      Member #62793
      July 9, 2008
      673 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2009, 1:59 am - IP Logged

what would help us here would be did he use quickpiks,or his own numbers?

He bought $10 worth W/O Powerplay and the winning numbers were the last combination of the ten. The O. Sentinel has a video with a closeup of the ticket. It's nice to look at a winning PB ticket!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Miami
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        673 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2009, 2:00 am - IP Logged

He bought $10 worth W/O Powerplay and the winning numbers were the last combination of the ten. The O. Sentinel has a video with a closeup of the ticket. It's nice to look at a winning PB ticket!

Oh, and they were QP's.

United States
          Member #24439
          October 22, 2005
          638 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2009, 5:43 am - IP Logged

I wish him the best. I wouldn't stay in a profession where I could get sued.

No one can win against ignorance. Best thing he could do is stay away and support others.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2009, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I wish him the best. I wouldn't stay in a profession where I could get sued.

No one can win against ignorance. Best thing he could do is stay away and support others.

First he tells everybody he won and then he tells everybody he wants to give it away.

I think he'll be regretting those two decisions real soon.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Indiana
              United States
              Member #79479
              September 2, 2009
              42 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

First he tells everybody he won and then he tells everybody he wants to give it away.

I think he'll be regretting those two decisions real soon.

If he wants to give it away, I will take $250,000. Thats all I need.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2009, 1:32 am - IP Logged

If he wants to give it away, I will take $250,000. Thats all I need.

Better get down to Orlando quick - the line is probably forming outside his door and down the block already. lol

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Miami
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  673 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2009, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Better get down to Orlando quick - the line is probably forming outside his door and down the block already. lol

Mr Lucky (O. Sentinel lottery blogger) is already reporting hundreds of people trying to reach Dr. Steele through him. They want him to forward their stories to Dr. Steele.

Like I said before, I believe the good Doctor will be wishing he'd kept his mouth shut.