Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about Scartch off's

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by beaudad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TN
United States
Member #80857
October 5, 2009
63 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2009, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I'm in TN so I assume most states run it similiar but I know they know how many winner tickets they print up but do they know where they send all the winners? Like do they purposely send them to X stores or they randomly send them out?

Long Island, NY
    United States
    Member #70172
    January 25, 2009
    521 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2009, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I'm in TN so I assume most states run it similiar but I know they know how many winner tickets they print up but do they know where they send all the winners? Like do they purposely send them to X stores or they randomly send them out?

Books of tickets are sent our randomly to random stores.  When a new packet is opened it has to be activated and when it is activated they know the result of every ticket in their system.  Hence they can track the numbers of winners for each game, which store has winners within each packet, and how many winners of each type of prize is left in circulation.

TN
      United States
      Member #80857
      October 5, 2009
      63 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2009, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Books of tickets are sent our randomly to random stores.  When a new packet is opened it has to be activated and when it is activated they know the result of every ticket in their system.  Hence they can track the numbers of winners for each game, which store has winners within each packet, and how many winners of each type of prize is left in circulation.

oh ok, So i guess that is good news. I always thought as some type of trick or something they knew exactly where they sent the jackpot or winning tickets.

Thanks

norton, va
        United States
        Member #82491
        November 14, 2009
        7 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

If you believe that the lottery officials don't know where the winning lottery scratch tickets are going, "Would you like to buy the ocean front property down on Stone Drive in Kingsport?'

I'd be glad to show you the property.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2009, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Base400 cool screename specially if is about math...if is not still cool screename...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

TN
            United States
            Member #80857
            October 5, 2009
            63 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2009, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, it's an amp. I'm into music.

norton, va
              United States
              Member #82491
              November 14, 2009
              7 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this person.  I cannot believe that people are still this uneducated!  If this were the case, all of the big winning tickets would not be stored away in a warehouse waiting for the sales to slack off.   "When customers quit playing, and the sales slack off, a few more random winners show up.  This is how the lottery can assure that they will always have people playing the tickets JUST HOPING for that big winning ticket!  The big winning tickets show up when the sales need a boost!  When your trying to sale items, you're going to always sell your hard to sale items first, aren't you?  You will more than likely put out a few of your best items to attract attention, but then......the lottery is no different.  Take my word for it......STOP BUYING until someone starts getting those winning ticket results.  They have to have some way to pay when they finally allow someone to hit a big ticket.  Big Grin Santa  If you believe they don't know where the winning lottery tickets are, you must also believe in Santa.

United States
                Member #83701
                December 13, 2009
                225 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2009, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

So where is this database and how do we get access to it?

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  fayetteville tn
                  United States
                  Member #68983
                  January 3, 2009
                  1829 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2009, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I believe Tn scratch offs are the hardest to win anything off of than any lottery in the USA.

I have not seen anything on them since march.

All i ever see on them now is tickets.

Tn has taken all the fun away from playing the lottery.

If i lived close to Ga i would forget about Tn and play theirs.

I hear Ga is good to their players.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40293 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2010, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Michigan scratch-offs have expiration dates. 3 or 4 new games come out a week. people jump all over them while the old games with the big winners get ignored then they expire. seems like the only time when people hit big winners is when second chance prizes are at stake with the losing tickets.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2010, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

If you believe that the lottery officials don't know where the winning lottery scratch tickets are going, "Would you like to buy the ocean front property down on Stone Drive in Kingsport?'

I'd be glad to show you the property.

I'd be interested in that ocean front property on Stone Drive in Kingsport.

I go there every once in a while to buy post holes.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
                        Mid Atlantic States
                        United States
                        Member #60043
                        April 3, 2008
                        1422 Posts
                        Posted: January 28, 2010, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I'd be interested in that ocean front property on Stone Drive in Kingsport.

I go there every once in a while to buy post holes.

rdgrnr.......when you buy those post holes........do you get a "deal" when you get a bakers dozen of them???? and do you carry them home in an Onion Sack????........beaudad.......and I guess ya use the "coffee sacks" for bloomers.........lol

" I don't have a gambling problem,  I have a problem winning!"