Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by SBIP$999.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
Dallas, TX
United States
Member #60284
April 12, 2008
3856 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2009, 6:26 am - IP Logged

If you had the power to make winning predictions to any lottery games, except the big jackpots like Mega Million or Powerball. Any other games are ok. This way your ability is not over power, unbalance. Another twisted part is that you cannot buy the numbers yourself, someone else has to do it. If you do buy it after having a vision of the winning numbers, your action of buying those numbers changes the outcome, thus you will lose everytime. To have your prediction comes true, someone else has to make the purchase of those winning numbers.

So, the question is...would you accept this gift or not? If yes, how will you use it (remember the disadvantage of its power)?

♦ DiamondPalace

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2009, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Of course I would accept such a gift! People already think I have this because sometimes my program does pick numbers. Well, duh, have the wife play the numbers or a close friend or someone who would be likely to reciprocate! Make the question so you would have to allow someone you don't know and have no contact with to see your prediction. Then all that does is put you in control of changing who wins or loses instead of God or random luck. But based on the premise of the question assuming it would be OK to have someone you do know to play the #s then if not friends or family it would be those who I thought needed the money.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2009, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Having the power to predict and have somebody else cash it in is a heck of a lot better than not being able to predict at all like everybody else in the world.

I'd take that deal any day of the week.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        11904 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2009, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Such super powers would have to be used for good and not evil

...would be able to join the superleague, and design your own costume?

,,,,I would have to partner up with my wife

,,,,she could be the faithful butler like Batmans Alfred......or maybe Kato....or Lois Lane...or Miss Piggy...lololol

Could you also have X-ray vision with such power?

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19813 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2009, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I know people who think they have such power, they are alway trying to get me to play their numbers but I think they are just gamblers who have lose their money and now want to lose my money or share it if I win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Monkey Butt, USA
            United States
            Member #54569
            August 23, 2007
            1124 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2009, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

If you had the power to make winning predictions to any lottery games, except the big jackpots like Mega Million or Powerball. Any other games are ok. This way your ability is not over power, unbalance. Another twisted part is that you cannot buy the numbers yourself, someone else has to do it. If you do buy it after having a vision of the winning numbers, your action of buying those numbers changes the outcome, thus you will lose everytime. To have your prediction comes true, someone else has to make the purchase of those winning numbers.

So, the question is...would you accept this gift or not? If yes, how will you use it (remember the disadvantage of its power)?

♦ DiamondPalace

If I had the power to make winning predictions to any lottery games I would not worry about purchasing a ticket. I would have someone else purchase my ticket(s) and I would sell the information on a website. The cost would be payable on a monthly basis. It would cost members a $1.00 a day. So if it is the month of Feb. then your membership fee would be $28.00. Months with 30 days $30.00. Months with 31 days $31.00. I would mainly focus on the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games and since I have the power to predict these numbers in exact order everytime then I would have my numbers played in exact order only and play them on the $5 option for a payout of $2,500 (Pick 3) & $25,000 (Pick 4). Imagine $55,000 a day, six days a week.

Party Party

Illinois
              United States
              Member #81391
              October 17, 2009
              24 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2009, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

imagine having the power for mega and powerball, how many times would you let yourself win before they figure something is up???

do you wait for one BIG jackpot, or do you hit 2-3 smaller ones.  or just go for the gusto and hit every jackpot over 200 million. 

what do you think the reciprocations would be of winning 2 major jackpots?

food for thought...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2009, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

DiamondPalace,

There was a thread similar to this but with a genie involved.

For this one, it might be a little more interwting if we add that ony a stranger can play the numbers, for themself and/or for you, and you cannot explain how you're getting the numbers. If you do, you lose the gift.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2009, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

There was a TV series called Early Edition in which Kyle Chandler got the newspaper the day before it was actually published.   He never used this "gift" to win the Lottery.  It had something to do with the responsibility of having such a power and not to abuse it.

Monkey Butt, USA
                    United States
                    Member #54569
                    August 23, 2007
                    1124 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2009, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

If I had the power to make winning predictions to any lottery games I would not worry about purchasing a ticket. I would have someone else purchase my ticket(s) and I would sell the information on a website. The cost would be payable on a monthly basis. It would cost members a $1.00 a day. So if it is the month of Feb. then your membership fee would be $28.00. Months with 30 days $30.00. Months with 31 days $31.00. I would mainly focus on the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games and since I have the power to predict these numbers in exact order everytime then I would have my numbers played in exact order only and play them on the $5 option for a payout of $2,500 (Pick 3) & $25,000 (Pick 4). Imagine $55,000 a day, six days a week.

Party Party

I forgot to add that I would have to give Todd the free VIP pass to the website to fill his coffers. And I would upgrade my membership here at LP. Every weekend I would post here on the predictions forum for the states that have pick 3 and pick 4 drawings on Sunday.

Party Party

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: October 19, 2009, 12:15 am - IP Logged

There was a TV series called Early Edition in which Kyle Chandler got the newspaper the day before it was actually published.   He never used this "gift" to win the Lottery.  It had something to do with the responsibility of having such a power and not to abuse it.

But somebody there did use it and was doing a lot more helping than Chandler did, he limited himself in what work he could have done.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                        Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: October 19, 2009, 12:19 am - IP Logged

♦ DiamondPalace

When I think about prediction lottery or otherwise I think about the Oracle at Delphi, we here practice a mechanized kind of prediction.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
                          Member #65075
                          September 16, 2008
                          643 Posts
                          Posted: October 19, 2009, 1:02 am - IP Logged

♦ DiamondPalace

I think I would have to pass on that deal. It would take all the fun out of it. Of course you would be able to "bless" -- forgive me I just finished reading the post about gambling and religion -- you would be able to bless a lot of folks if you took the deal, but that would be like feeding the recipient of your gift for a day versus teaching them to fish for a livelihood. The results would be too short lived.

Anyway, for me, it is all about the thrill of the chase. The analytical part of it where your get to start with just one number and create order out of randomness is the part that gets my adrenalin pumping.

Plus, if you sign a contract for such a deal, what happens if you ever really on your own did get to the point where you could have a hit 50% of the time off 8 numbers, or even better, what if you could get a hit 50% of the time off just 4 combinations? You would then not be able to play the winning number b/c you opted in to the deal too soon.

I think if I ever solved the puzzle to the degree of having a hit every other draw, the game would cease to capture my attention and I'd have to give it up. (Of course it goes without saying that I would "bless" myself "abundantly" before my final exit from the game 'cause while I might no longer be thrilled by the kill, hopefully I wouldn't have contracted the stupid gene in the process:)-

For me the lottery is just a game, although an addictive and intoxicating one, and I enjoy playing with the digits, but like a pusher whose ok as long as he doesn't use the stuff he's selling, I realize that the odds are stacked against you. So until you have your system in place and have changed the odds to your favor, best to just observe.

Now, if anyone out there has actually taken the deal and needs someone to place the real wager for them, I could make myself available...you know ... for a small fee.

"999 Book of Numbers  ... Because today is a great day to win!"