Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time Traveler's Wife

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Astekblue.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #79361
August 30, 2009
93 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2009, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I saw this movie and in a scene the guy traveler gives his wife an Illinois lottery ticket.

They show the televised drawing and he knows the numbers before they are drawn

and wins 5 million.

In the future he knew the winning numbers and traveled back and then bought a ticket

with those numbers.  She said that is cheating.

I need that ability.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2009, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Art Bell of late night radio fame (first host of Coast to Coast AM, now hosted by George Noory) had a theory that jackpot winners and people who do exceptionally well in the stock market are actually time travelers from the future.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2009, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

I saw this movie and in a scene the guy traveler gives his wife an Illinois lottery ticket.

and wins 5 million.

In the future he knew the winning numbers and traveled back and then bought a ticket

I need that ability.

That's nothing new to me. I've had that ability for predicting numbers for years.

The only slight difference though is that I predict the losing numbers.

But I'm really good at it!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3104 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2009, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

and wins 5 million.

I need that ability.

Figure out roughly what a time travel round trip will cost in the future.

Make up a package of things that may have that kind of value in the future, coins, stamps, gold, etc.

Find an institution or law firm that might still be around in the future.

Depost the package with them to be opened when time travel has been perfected.

Instructions are to sell the package to finance the trip to come get you and return you when you are ready to return to your time.  Have them come to a date certain so if they don't come you can retrieve the package and try another firm.

Would be dependent on the trip allowing stops along the way.

One problem I see is there may not be records of old lottery draws from defunct games going back far enough in the distant future.   "Sorry sir, the oldest draws we have on record are from the Galactic Lottery stardate 2385."

BobP

Monkey Butt, USA
          United States
          Member #54569
          August 23, 2007
          1124 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

That's nothing new to me. I've had that ability for predicting numbers for years.

u r 2 fun-knee!!! i luv re-din yore posts.....

ROFL

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2009, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh 

Astekblue