Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gambling Problem

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by benmas.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What level do you represent?

I know I'll win the JP for sure [ 18 ]  [32.73%]
I may win but not sure [ 5 ]  [9.09%]
I hope i win but won't hold my breath [ 15 ]  [27.27%]
What the heck, it's only a buck maybe 5 [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
Heck, I need more than luck [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Wow...maybe I need a miracle [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
Waste of money [ 4 ]  [7.27%]
No hope [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Evil practices on my part by betting [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Not sure/other [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2009, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I've always wondered how important the elusive dream of winning the JP has an affect on folks. I want you to take your time reading the selections.

Don't worry, be honest and remember, other than your reputation here on the LP, your anonymity will serve you just fine in the real world from those close to you, unless you've disclosed your inner feelings to them.....

Personally, i think this venue made possible by Todd is so invigorating that, in by itself, information and entertainment converge so beautifully, and that's why the LP is number one on the net.

However, some may be on the cusp of delusion and grandeur. The illusion of entitlement because they planned and invested hard money. Actually the topic at hand can go much deeper on level never seen. Some may feel they deserve to win. But life doesen't work that way.

Bottom line. Is it a hobby or  does it rule your world?

Thanks for reading this nonsense....lol

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2009, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Oh, I'm definitely gonna win . No ifs ands or buts about it. Take it to the bank. Done deal. Without a doubt. For sure. Absolutely. Positively. Undeniably. Indubitably.

In fact, I'm going to win the Mega on Tuesday and the Powerball on Wednesday.

Then I'm going to win the Mega again on Friday and the Powerball again on Saturday.

I accept the fact that I will probably be banned from playing the lottery after that.

But by then I will already have my own chain of liquor stores conveniently located all across the country.

I like to travel.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
      Member #71120
      February 19, 2009
      1209 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2009, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

LOLThat is funny as s**t

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2009, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I view playing the lottery as a hobbie. I try to think positive and hope that I will win one day.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2009, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Any approach to the lottery (Jackpot games) other than throwing a buck or two at a dream is economic suicide.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

germantown md
            United States
            Member #64543
            August 31, 2008
            3771 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2009, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Any approach to the lottery (Jackpot games) other than throwing a buck or two at a dream is economic suicide.

till i find a system that will get me closer to realizing the dream of hitting the jackpot, its just a buck here and there basickly a dollar and a dream.no hard feelings win or loose: will not make or break me.

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
              Hard Luck, Ak
              United States
              Member #23472
              October 13, 2005
              275 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2009, 5:59 am - IP Logged

Oh, I'm definitely gonna win . No ifs ands or buts about it. Take it to the bank. Done deal. Without a doubt. For sure. Absolutely. Positively. Undeniably. Indubitably.

In fact, I'm going to win the Mega on Tuesday and the Powerball on Wednesday.

Then I'm going to win the Mega again on Friday and the Powerball again on Saturday.

I accept the fact that I will probably be banned from playing the lottery after that.

But by then I will already have my own chain of liquor stores conveniently located all across the country.

I like to travel.

I agree with you rdgnr, but I could do without the liquor stores. Smile  I only need to win the state lottery and I will leave the Powerball and Mega Millions to you!  I already have a contingency plan in place and part of that plan is to remain anyomous. (Don't need another rags to riches back to rags story) Then I will politely tell my boss to kiss my @ss! I never did feel like I had a gambling problem, The only problem I have is when I lose. You know what they say you have to be "in it to win it!"

"You make a living by what you earn, You make a life by what you give!"

Sir Winston Churchill

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2009, 2:11 am - IP Logged

I've got a significant gambling problem. I called the lottery's gambling hotline, and they were absolutely no help at all. In fact, they told me that I'm supposed to lose most of the time.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2009, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I've got a significant gambling problem. I called the lottery's gambling hotline, and they were absolutely no help at all. In fact, they told me that I'm supposed to lose most of the time.

LOL Naughty

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Santa Ana
                    United States
                    Member #71159
                    February 20, 2009
                    651 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2009, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Everyone who plays the lottery plays to win, no question about thatWink---you can't win if you don't play and it's all about the luck of the draw, positive thinking and timing and only you can determine if constant playing will lead to a serious gambling problem. I am in it to win and win BIGDance--GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP PLAYERSBanana

Monkey Butt, USA
                      United States
                      Member #54569
                      August 23, 2007
                      1124 Posts
                      Posted: October 25, 2009, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I've always wondered how important the elusive dream of winning the JP has an affect on folks. I want you to take your time reading the selections.

Don't worry, be honest and remember, other than your reputation here on the LP, your anonymity will serve you just fine in the real world from those close to you, unless you've disclosed your inner feelings to them.....

Personally, i think this venue made possible by Todd is so invigorating that, in by itself, information and entertainment converge so beautifully, and that's why the LP is number one on the net.

However, some may be on the cusp of delusion and grandeur. The illusion of entitlement because they planned and invested hard money. Actually the topic at hand can go much deeper on level never seen. Some may feel they deserve to win. But life doesen't work that way.

Bottom line. Is it a hobby or  does it rule your world?

Thanks for reading this nonsense....lol

"Bottom line. Is it a hobby or  does it rule your world?" For me it is both.....

I love working my numbers and it rules my world because I am always talking about the lottery and spend all of my free time thinking and reworking my numbers during my free time. I figure if I am to be obsessed with something, it should be something that I can benefit from. Hence I spend most of my time playing on paper and not using my gambling fund until the sun-moon-stars-and all the planets arrange themselves into the proper alignment.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        34146 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2009, 7:36 am - IP Logged

I view playing the lottery as a hobbie. I try to think positive and hope that I will win one day.

Yup! we all should think possitive.Smash

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          CA
                          United States
                          Member #57222
                          December 23, 2007
                          587 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2009, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Everyone who plays the lottery plays to win, no question about thatWink---you can't win if you don't play and it's all about the luck of the draw, positive thinking and timing and only you can determine if constant playing will lead to a serious gambling problem. I am in it to win and win BIGDance--GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP PLAYERSBanana

Im with you Dollar,

I truly think that I'll win.  To me there's no point in playing if I don't think i'll win.  Is like "okay, let me give this convenience store some money every few days for fun."  I play the same set on both Super and Fantasy.  The numbers will hit one day.  Lets just hope I will live long enough to benefit.  I think I'm on  a losing streak right now.  I used to win $15 every now and again but even my bonus number hasnt hit in months.  But that in no way means I will stop playing my picks.  The day  I decide it will never happen is the day I stop playing all together.    I feel confident in my picks right now and truly feel they will hit.

benmas's avatar - waveform
                            Rhode Island
                            United States
                            Member #56010
                            October 28, 2007
                            434 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

i dont beleive that im goin to win anymore...at the beginning i thought i was going to but after a while, reality set in...so now i play a buck here or there without any expectations at all...NO EXPECTATIONS= NO DISSAPOINTMENTS