Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fixed?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
Member #69169
January 5, 2009
2122 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2009, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Who thinks the lottery is Fixed and Why?

"Many Strategies|One Game"

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8359 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

No i don't! they don't need to fix the games they already know the game is in their favor the odds of the games dictate that.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
      Member #69169
      January 5, 2009
      2122 Posts
      Posted: October 27, 2009, 1:19 am - IP Logged

No i don't! they don't need to fix the games they already know the game is in their favor the odds of the games dictate that.

I Agree!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2009, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Imo, it depends on the game and state. I really believe, that most games are on the up and up. But there are some things going on in certain states, with certain games that make me question the integrity of some of those games. I think with my state and the Pick 3, there is something iffy going on. I can't prove it, but that is my opinion. It's computerized and I just don't trust it. It's behind closed doors and they have had certain "techinical" issues that have been a red flag. It doesn't make me paranoid, it just means I don't think that TPTB are being completely honest. So, the only thing I can do is talk with my wallet, so I don't play Pick 3 in my state anymore.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
          Member #69169
          January 5, 2009
          2122 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2009, 1:49 am - IP Logged

You dont play anymore?

you must play in another state

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2009, 1:52 am - IP Logged

You dont play anymore?

you must play in another state

Not at the moment. I don't travel very often anymore, so basically, I just play Powerball and every now and then, I play Hot Lotto and Wild Card 2. No more Pick 3 for me, unless I move to a different state or they allow online gambling.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2009, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Who thinks the lottery is Fixed and Why?

Whenever there are sums of money that large anywhere, there are people trying to get it by illegal means somehow. That's just a fact of life.

People have been caught trying to defraud lotteries before, officials and others.

So I can't say with all certainty that all lotteries are legit all the time. I think there are people smart enough and skilled enough to pull it off and that they have possibly done so in the past and may be doing it now. If they are indeed capable of pulling it off, it's also conceivable that they're smart enough to get away with it and we'll never know about it.

I'd like to think it wasn't so but there's just too much money involved not to attract the attention of those with criminal intent.

On a positive note, if it is indeed being done, I would think they would be smart enough to not get too greedy which means looking at the big picture it wouldn't have too much effect on the everyday lottery player. A few mill here, a few mill there and nobody's the wiser.

Stranger things have happened with a wink and a nod. There's an old saying in Chicago: "I don't know nuthin'."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23259 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2009, 11:04 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Discussion forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2009, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Lack of transparency is the one big factor which leads players to think their lottory is fixed.  All such talk of being fixed would disappear or drop to a whisaper if the drawings were held openly.  Unfortunately in Tennessee, this is not the case.

Not having witnessed how other states with RNG's conduct their drawing, I can not in good conscience comment on whether they are fixed.  My basic instinct tells me the drawings are manipulated in some shape, form, or fashion for I agree with the poster above who stated that whenever large sums to money are involved, there will always be people attempting to get that money or way or the other.

Even should a state use a computer to make the draw, the least those states can do is show us the employee hitting the <enter> button.  While even that concession would not remove all doubt about the drawing being manipulated, we would be able to see something.