Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can you "Make Your Luck" in Pick 5 QP's?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mazk's avatar - hand neg.jpg

United States
Member #7359
September 30, 2004
3910 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

It is a phrase I borrowed from my good friend Steve:

Can you Make Your own Luck?

In other words:

If you fill the first line in your play slip for Pick 5 (assuming you have multiple boards) with your own picks; and let the lottery machine "Quick Pick, Random Pick..." the rest; does it give you different results other than filling the Whole slip with QP'S??? 

Ever won doing just that?

It is not What you play, it is How you play it !

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8361 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2009, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

yea with bonus match 5 I've done it, won a few times, nothing substantial. But some wins never the less.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2009, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

mazk,

There was a discussion here once about playing a set of one numbers to "program" the terminal QP.

Such as playing the dreade 1 2 3 4 5 and considering that a "sacrifice bunt" to get the lotto 'puter to spit out a winner for you.

People say it works, people say it doesn't work, but play numbers and a QP, your numbers and a QP, and see what happens.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2009, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

mazk,

There was a discussion here once about playing a set of one numbers to "program" the terminal QP.

Such as playing the dreade 1 2 3 4 5 and considering that a "sacrifice bunt" to get the lotto 'puter to spit out a winner for you.

People say it works, people say it doesn't work, but play numbers and a QP, your numbers and a QP, and see what happens.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #82001
          November 3, 2009
          890 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2009, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

mazk,

That the first I heard of that. Might have to try it on IL Lotto pick 6 since get 2 lines per play anyway. The qp numbers are always awlful and repeated

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2009, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Usually there are 5 slots to fill in on a playslip. Fill the first slot with your number, the 3 middle slots with QP, and the last slot with the same combo as the first slot. This is a hidden portal magic that will generate the middle slots, as they are trapped into randomize winning combos at some prize level. When the slip goes into the machine, the player has to say the magic word "Abracadabo" before the machine slips out the ticket for the portal to work.

United States
              Member #7359
              September 30, 2004
              3910 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2009, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

yea with bonus match 5 I've done it, won a few times, nothing substantial. But some wins never the less.

Thank you four4me, that answered my question :)

United States
                Member #7359
                September 30, 2004
                3910 Posts
                Posted: November 6, 2009, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

mazk,

Hello Coin Toss,

I do remember that one, but I could not find it by searching :)

United States
                  Member #7359
                  September 30, 2004
                  3910 Posts
                  Posted: November 6, 2009, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

That the first I heard of that. Might have to try it on IL Lotto pick 6 since get 2 lines per play anyway. The qp numbers are always awlful and repeated

Hello Rowen,

Welcome to Lottery Post, wishing you the Best of Luck :)

Browse around a little, you will find a lot of good posts to learn from and a lot of good people posting.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2009, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Interesting concept mazk. I will see if I can trick the Tennessee computers into allowing someone to win with that approach.

I'll use Coin Toss's suggestion of 12345 on the first play and go with 23456 on the fourth play and QP the other three and see what happens.

I'll run it for three draws. Couldn't do any worse than what I usually do in TN - el zippo.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

mookyb75's avatar - animaniacs41
                      nashville nc
                      United States
                      Member #81934
                      November 2, 2009
                      657 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2009, 9:42 am - IP Logged

i sometimes qp cash 5 and usually get one or three numbers most of the time. now me and one of my friends pick 5 numbers and have not won the cash 5 yet..

Rainbow 

My mind on my $$$$

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Interesting concept mazk. I will see if I can trick the Tennessee computers into allowing someone to win with that approach.

I'll use Coin Toss's suggestion of 12345 on the first play and go with 23456 on the fourth play and QP the other three and see what happens.

I'll run it for three draws. Couldn't do any worse than what I usually do in TN - el zippo.

I thought this was interesting.

I went out and bought the ticket as I stated above with five lines for three draws.

I played 12345 on the first game.

The second game (QP) started with 1-2 also, then a teen and two 30's.

The third line (QP) was more random, three teens, a 20 and a 30.

The fourth line I played 23456.

The fifth line (QP) then again started out with 1-2 then another single and two 30's.

Almost seems like the computer wants to start out repeating a string of low numbers at first if you chose numbers like that on the previous line. 

I then tried the same thing on Lotto Plus for one draw, 123456 on the first line and the following QP line was random: two singles, a ten, two 20's and a 30.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #7359
                          September 30, 2004
                          3910 Posts
                          Posted: November 9, 2009, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

I thought this was interesting.

I went out and bought the ticket as I stated above with five lines for three draws.

I played 12345 on the first game.

The second game (QP) started with 1-2 also, then a teen and two 30's.

The third line (QP) was more random, three teens, a 20 and a 30.

The fourth line I played 23456.

The fifth line (QP) then again started out with 1-2 then another single and two 30's.

Almost seems like the computer wants to start out repeating a string of low numbers at first if you chose numbers like that on the previous line. 

I then tried the same thing on Lotto Plus for one draw, 123456 on the first line and the following QP line was random: two singles, a ten, two 20's and a 30.

Thank you for the input rdgrnr :)

It works better if you played the first line with a mixed (singles, 10s, 20's and 30's),  like you said if you play 12345; expect the following lines picked by the computer to have some of them.

But for some strange reason; the closer you play to cut-off time the better!

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            Miami
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            673 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

mazk,

That's the best idea I've heard. It makes sense to me.

In FL, at least, I've noticed the closer to cutoff time I play the worse I do.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2009, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for the input rdgrnr :)

It works better if you played the first line with a mixed (singles, 10s, 20's and 30's),  like you said if you play 12345; expect the following lines picked by the computer to have some of them.

But for some strange reason; the closer you play to cut-off time the better!

Thanks mazk, I'll try that next week. I definitely need something to shake things up here lately. Lotta closes and no cigars.

--Edmund Burke