Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which one has more Fans/Players: Scratchoffs or ball lotteries??

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2009, 10:04 am - IP Logged

a question i've been meaning to know which one you think? Can you tell me the percentage that you think each side has?

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Indiana
    United States
    Member #79479
    September 2, 2009
    42 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2009, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I would think more people plays scratchers than play the big lotteries.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2009, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

scratch offs are the biggest sellers in every state that sells them.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2009, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I can go in one of my gegular stops to buy lottery tickets and they will have a new roll of 10.00 scrachoffs and in 2 or 3 days they are gone..They have 29 tickets in each roll here in Ky..I think sometimes if someone hits big they go in and buy the whole roll up..

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22893 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2009, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

From what I've seen at my local store and a few others around the area, is that people coming in to play

ball games also play instant games. They'll get their numbers for the draw then step over and also buy

some scratch offs. There is one ticket only fanatic that hits the machine like it's selling oxygen. I've seen her

go in and out of that store 10 times already in one visit. I have never seen her play ball games. Another

fanatic buys $400 of instants a day!!......!! I've seen her in action too - feverishly rubbing the play area and

getting ticked because she is not winning. She also plays daily's/pick 4's/jackpot games. That's the kind

of fiend who needs to take a break...The angry gambler. On bad days, you need to stay out of their way.

I've already been asked by her if I'm winning....and have already told her she doesn't care that I'm winning,

she only cares that I'm taking her winners. She doesn't talk to me anymore. Yay!

So, from what I've seen around here, it's about a 50/50 mix.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
            Miami
            United States
            Member #62793
            July 9, 2008
            673 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2009, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

From what I've seen at my local store and a few others around the area, is that people coming in to play

ball games also play instant games. They'll get their numbers for the draw then step over and also buy

some scratch offs. There is one ticket only fanatic that hits the machine like it's selling oxygen. I've seen her

go in and out of that store 10 times already in one visit. I have never seen her play ball games. Another

fanatic buys $400 of instants a day!!......!! I've seen her in action too - feverishly rubbing the play area and

getting ticked because she is not winning. She also plays daily's/pick 4's/jackpot games. That's the kind

of fiend who needs to take a break...The angry gambler. On bad days, you need to stay out of their way.

I've already been asked by her if I'm winning....and have already told her she doesn't care that I'm winning,

she only cares that I'm taking her winners. She doesn't talk to me anymore. Yay!

So, from what I've seen around here, it's about a 50/50 mix.

That lady has a serious problem. Stay away!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
              Member #45970
              September 1, 2006
              4763 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2009, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Scratchers in almost every state outweigh ball lotteries. My guess is the "instant gratification" factor.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Scratchers in almost every state outweigh ball lotteries. My guess is the "instant gratification" factor.

i think is the waiting period...in 10 second you can know if you are a winner as oppose to wait: 8 or 10 hours or 2 days to find out...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2009, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I see women buy scrachoffs and on there way the door they will be scraching the ticket..I have never scrached off a ticket at the store I always wait till I get home and never in the car..Once I bought a scrachoff and lotto tickets and bought them home and lost the scrachoff..I thought I left it at the store and went back and it wasen't there so I bought another one of the same..When I got home I found the other ticket on the floor of the car on the passengers side..I was shocked when they was both winners one 40.00 and the other 20.00..I always believed that when you buy a scrachoff and it was a winner the next one was always a loser..Learn something everyday as they say..

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22893 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

tiggs WTG on your 2 in a row win!

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2009, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Thanks dr and I hope we can all be big winners someday..Me first of course..:)..I win more by mistake then on purpose..Onece I was at the OTB and told the clerk to box me the 38 exacta twice in a later race..I diden't look at the tickets and when I got home and looked at them I was upset to find out it was the wrong race..The race she punched the 38 paid 335.00 and I hade it twice.,.I always say "Being lucky is better then being good when it comes to gambling"..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2009, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks dr and I hope we can all be big winners someday..Me first of course..:)..I win more by mistake then on purpose..Onece I was at the OTB and told the clerk to box me the 38 exacta twice in a later race..I diden't look at the tickets and when I got home and looked at them I was upset to find out it was the wrong race..The race she punched the 38 paid 335.00 and I hade it twice.,.I always say "Being lucky is better then being good when it comes to gambling"..

I had luck like that one time too tiggs. I told the clerk to give me a P3, dollar str8. She punched in the wrong number so I took it and had her punch in the correct number for another ticket. I was pleasantly surprised that night when the mistake ticket number came in str8. As usual my chosen number was one off.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: November 9, 2009, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

rdrnr you did the right thing..I NEVER give back a mistake they are the ones that hit most..How can you play a ticket straight?..If I did that I'd have to box it for at least 50 cents..I would hate to have the numbers come in and not at least have a box on it..I guess not eveyone is the same or like me not sane..Good luck in hitting your straight ticket..You live on the edge..

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            22893 Posts
                            Posted: November 9, 2009, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I had luck like that one time too tiggs. I told the clerk to give me a P3, dollar str8. She punched in the wrong number so I took it and had her punch in the correct number for another ticket. I was pleasantly surprised that night when the mistake ticket number came in str8. As usual my chosen number was one off.

tiggs and rdgrnr, I just love stories like yours! That is awesome! Makes you wonder if you should just

keep the mistakes? They sure did pay out for you guys. Alright! Thumbs Up

Sometimes I see *mistakes* for sale on the counter at the retailer, they lay them there with a sticky

note: BUY ME! - I never have. The people would never know because they didn't take them but I just

wonder if any even turned out to be a 4/5 or a few on PB or straight hits. Very possible.

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2009, 9:42 am - IP Logged

dr65 if I see a ticket on the machine that was given back I ALWAYS buy it....PS..When I hit that 38 excata box that day for about 650.00 I also hit the cash 3 that same day for 350.00..It was my day to say the least..Buy mistakes and keep mistakes..Good luck..