Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things i've noticed: How do you plan to get the 100 Mill mark if is only 4 to 5 times a year

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2009, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I know that Megamillions/Powerball is planing to play both in all states and that eventually will make 100 million jackpots more common but for the mean time i got this for you:

I've heard many times very commonly say they will like to win: 100 million, 150 million, 200 million in MegaMillions/powerball and they can't wait when they win it...And this is going way back when MM & PB starting jackpot was 10 mill...First of all those jackpots ranging from 100 million to 200+ millions only occured 4 or 5 times in the entire year...What if you miss that particulad day/week, what if more people win the jackpot...ARE YOU FORGETTING THE BONUS BALL...

Dude so not only do you have to climb 200 million combinations, it has to be the "right time of year", there is 365 days in 1 year, 48 weeks in 1 year...And you got to do it ALONE without other people claiming the jackpot....Want to know something? All those obsticles is 2 extra bonus ball added to PB/MM...

If you want to win the 100 million let alone the 200 million dollar jackpot and be the only one start looking at powerball this way: Pick5/59 + Pick1/46 + pick1/10 + Pick1/16...Such a game configuration i think has: 350 million combinations...

I am just trying to remind you and wake you up because it looks like you all are smoking something...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2009, 2:12 am - IP Logged

I know that Megamillions/Powerball is planing to play both in all states and that eventually will make 100 million jackpots more common but for the mean time i got this for you:

I've heard many times very commonly say they will like to win: 100 million, 150 million, 200 million in MegaMillions/powerball and they can't wait when they win it...And this is going way back when MM & PB starting jackpot was 10 mill...First of all those jackpots ranging from 100 million to 200+ millions only occured 4 or 5 times in the entire year...What if you miss that particulad day/week, what if more people win the jackpot...ARE YOU FORGETTING THE BONUS BALL...

Dude so not only do you have to climb 200 million combinations, it has to be the "right time of year", there is 365 days in 1 year, 48 weeks in 1 year...And you got to do it ALONE without other people claiming the jackpot....Want to know something? All those obsticles is 2 extra bonus ball added to PB/MM...

If you want to win the 100 million let alone the 200 million dollar jackpot and be the only one start looking at powerball this way: Pick5/59 + Pick1/46 + pick1/10 + Pick1/16...Such a game configuration i think has: 350 million combinations...

I am just trying to remind you and wake you up because it looks like you all are smoking something...

Not sure what your point is.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2009, 4:32 am - IP Logged

not saying it CANT BE DONE...all i am saying start looking at Powerball different if you plan to go after the 100+ millions Jackpots...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2009, 5:33 am - IP Logged

I'd be very happy with 100 thousand.  100 million is the same number with more zeros......

Odds are bad even with lottos and their 10 million odds....

As somebody here once said, odds are 50/50 either I win or I don't.  :-)

MarkP

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2009, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

yeah it is similar here in oz, but not with such big jackpots.  people only buy tickets when the impssible games of 1 in 40 mill odds  have jackpoted to over $20 mill.

yet games that offer a jackpot of $500k and odds of 1 in 2 mill to winn are scoffed at,  even though you are 20 times more likely to win a $500k pot.

personally i play em all every week just for my $1 a game. on the theory that actually having a ticket.

and yeah ill happily take the $500k or the 20 mill, ill even share , heck im used to gettting $10 back on $100 bet, ill take any win i can get.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2009, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

This is for powerball.

If you choose to specify the numbers yourself, you select five distinct numbers between 1 and 59, and one "Powerball" number between 1 and 39.  The Powerball can be the same as one of the first five numbers, because it is drawn from a separate number pool from the first five numbers.

The odds are 1 in 195 million to match 5 white balls and the powerball.

There is only one way to look at it not several different ways. They are not going to change the configuration of the game to suit your idea of a way to win.

the only way to win is to match all the numbers or some of the numbers for a lesser prize.

Why are you continuously trying interpret odds that don't or will never exist or to change odds that are set in stone.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.