Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Six people won the pick 5/36 jackpot tonight...yikes

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
South Florida
United States
Member #82132
November 6, 2009
112 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2009, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel too bad about not winning a $207,550 jackpot that will be split among 6 people. Imagine finally beating the 376,992 odds and doing it on the same night as 5 others. Heartbreaking.

But I do find it odd that 6 people had 7-10-14-20-26 on their tickets....these numbers don't seem too common in my opinion. 10 and 20 were both very cold numbers, as 20 hadn't been a winner in over 15 days, and 10 hadn't come up in almost 30 days. 

One of the only possibilities I can think of to explain the number of winners tonight is that possibly one of them made a math goof...

7+3 = 10

10+4 = 14

14+6 = 20   <---if they had added 5 here instead of 6 they would have played 19

20+6 = 26

When they announced the detailed results tomorrow, with that many winners, I bet most of them won't be qps...

I didn't bother to play either of those two loser numbers on any of my tickets, plus all of my lines were well spread out through the number range, not tight like they were here, so I couldn't even hit 2 tonight.

South Florida
    United States
    Member #82132
    November 6, 2009
    112 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2009, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Only 1 of the 6 winning tickets was a quickpick. Still having a hard time imagining how these numbers could have been this common

Jack-C's avatar - us
      San Diego, CA
      United States
      Member #61467
      May 24, 2008
      28146 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2009, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Only 1 of the 6 winning tickets was a quickpick. Still having a hard time imagining how these numbers could have been this common

Those numbers are what is called "birthday numbers".  Most people play birthdays.  So when there are no numbers over 31, there are more winners.

South Florida
        United States
        Member #82132
        November 6, 2009
        112 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Tonight's drawing was even worse than the original one I had mentioned above. It had not 6...but 8 winners, each receiving $25.7k each, before taxes. 

The numbers were 5-10-15-22-26. 5 was an extremely cold, very overdue number that finally hit for the first time in over 30 drawings. 10 was a previously very cold number that has now become hot, 15 was a warm number, and 22 and 26 were both hot numbers that were winners from the previous draw.

I suppose some of the winniners took 22-26 from the previous draw, and added the 5-10-15 multiples to the front of it. Or they could have just been playing ages or birthday numbers again.

Glad I didn't win this one...in fact I didn't even buy tickets on this one...had free tickets that I won from the previous draw.

I don't remember the last time I heard of 8 jackpot winners on a lottery game. This Fantasy 5 game seems to be getting screwy..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2009, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Tonight's drawing was even worse than the original one I had mentioned above. It had not 6...but 8 winners, each receiving $25.7k each, before taxes. 

The numbers were 5-10-15-22-26. 5 was an extremely cold, very overdue number that finally hit for the first time in over 30 drawings. 10 was a previously very cold number that has now become hot, 15 was a warm number, and 22 and 26 were both hot numbers that were winners from the previous draw.

I suppose some of the winniners took 22-26 from the previous draw, and added the 5-10-15 multiples to the front of it. Or they could have just been playing ages or birthday numbers again.

Glad I didn't win this one...in fact I didn't even buy tickets on this one...had free tickets that I won from the previous draw.

I don't remember the last time I heard of 8 jackpot winners on a lottery game. This Fantasy 5 game seems to be getting screwy..

Hey recoveryroad,

I got a 30 draw QP on Fantasy Five when I was down there in your state and the highest number is 29. I'll gladly share with other winners though cuz a piece of something is better than all of nothing anyday, lol.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke