Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Fantasy 5

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 years ago by recoveryroad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami, FLA
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
678 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2009, 5:37 am - IP Logged

For as long as I can remember I've been checking the Fla website for details on Fantasy 5 winners. Like all the other games, most of the winners are qp's, but I've noticed that for the past month or so they haven't been.

Interesting.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

South Florida
    United States
    Member #82132
    November 6, 2009
    112 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2009, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm not so sure about that. I just checked the game results media releases for the past 31 drawings (including last night's), and out of 67 winners, only 25 of them were not qps (37%). You should also take into consideration this past Thursday's winning numbers (07 - 10 - 14 - 20 - 26) is a commonly played combination, and produced 5 non-qp winners. The samething happened last Wednesday as well, where the winning numbers were 07 - 12 - 15 - 18 - 21, another commonly played set, and produced 6 non-qp winners on that drawing. In my opinion those two flukes shouldn't really count since they are considerably out of the ordinary.

If you exclude those two "goof" drawings, then 41 out of the past 55 winners (roughly 75%) have been qps...and I don't know what the overall stats are for qp winners vs non-qp winners on lottery games, (isn't it something like 80% of all winners are qps?) but I think this is pretty average.

Something I do find interesting though is that over the past month, there were only 3 drawings with no winners. Again, I don't know how many people play Fantasy 5 each day, and that the odds are "only" out of 376,992, but how can people win this game so often? I wish they would disclose how many tickets were purchased for each drawing.

South Florida
      United States
      Member #82132
      November 6, 2009
      112 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2009, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I just read the game rules, which basically states:

1. For each draw, 50% of the gross revenue will be allocated as the prize pool for payment.

2. First prize (5-of-5 numbers) winning pool will consist of 62% of the prize pool divided equally among winners (plus money carried forward from previous draw).

3. Second prize (4-of-5) winning pool will consist of 10% of the prize pool divided equally among winners.

4. Third prize (3-of-5) winning pool will consist of 28% of the prize pool divided equally among winners.

*5. Fourth prize (2-of-5) winning pool (free Fantasy 5 tickets) will not be included in gross revenue calculations.

*6. Second and third prizes will be rounded to the nearest fifty cents (.50), but third prize will never be less than $3.50. All rounding differences from these prizes will be used to fund future prizes.

Now I'm not that great at math (otherwise I wouldn't be spending time chasing lottery jackpots today and would be back in the stock market), but using this information, I believe that in last night's (9/14/09) drawing for example, 950,063 tickets were purchased, and the state grossed roughly $419,116 off of that drawing. And on the drawing before that one, 870,181 tickets were sold.

I suppose that when you have this many tickets being purchased per game, it makes a little more sense to me that there's almost always at least one ticket beating the 376,992 odds.