Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Unbelievable...3 overdue extremely cold numbers all came up together last night (pick 5/36)

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 7 years ago by bomatt.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
South Florida
United States
Member #82132
November 6, 2009
112 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2009, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I was skeptical about the usefulness of tracking how hot/cold the numbers are in lottery games, a common source of data a lot of players use, since I was still under the impression that these games are too random for any information to help you predict winning numbers. I attributed the frequency that numbers hit and miss mostly to luck. This was until I noticed what happened this past week in the pick 5/36 game we have down here (which runs every night).

Up until Novermber 12th (two days ago)...

10 was an overdue number that hadn't come up in the last 28 consecutive draws.

13 became pretty cold as it had not been a winner in the past 10 draws, and before that, didn't win the past 12 draws.

20 was a huge loser as well, as it had been on a losing streak during the last 14 drawings, and then 11 before that, and if you go back a further before that one, 22 draws. Ouch.

Take a look at the last 3 draws...

11/12/09 7-10-14-20-26

11/13/09 8-9-13-16-35

11/14/09 10-13-20-22-29

So how do you interpret something like this? Does this mean you "should" have been playing those cold/overdue numbers more frequently? But look how long it took to pay off. I mean...10, for example, could have remained a loser for another week. And what were the chances that 3 losers would all come up together?

Does this mean I should start playing 5 now? That has been cold for the past 30 drawings. In fact, over the past 150 drawings, 5 has only come up 12 times...easily distinguishing it as the worst number you could have played in the past 5 months...followed by 10, which hit 15 times during the same period.

I'm still finding it difficult to understand what indicators you would look at to start prompting you to suddenly play losers like these more frequently, instead of hot numbers. But now that these losers did eventually end up becoming winners again, it is somewhat undeniable, at least in my eyes, that there is some worth in checking hot/cold number frequencies when choosing numbers.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1707 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2009, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I was skeptical about the usefulness of tracking how hot/cold the numbers are in lottery games, a common source of data a lot of players use, since I was still under the impression that these games are too random for any information to help you predict winning numbers. I attributed the frequency that numbers hit and miss mostly to luck. This was until I noticed what happened this past week in the pick 5/36 game we have down here (which runs every night).

13 became pretty cold as it had not been a winner in the past 10 draws, and before that, didn't win the past 12 draws.

20 was a huge loser as well, as it had been on a losing streak during the last 14 drawings, and then 11 before that, and if you go back a further before that one, 22 draws. Ouch.

11/12/09 7-10-14-20-26

11/13/09 8-9-13-16-35

11/14/09 10-13-20-22-29

So how do you interpret something like this? Does this mean you "should" have been playing those cold/overdue numbers more frequently? But look how long it took to pay off. I mean...10, for example, could have remained a loser for another week. And what were the chances that 3 losers would all come up together?

Does this mean I should start playing 5 now? That has been cold for the past 30 drawings. In fact, over the past 150 drawings, 5 has only come up 12 times...easily distinguishing it as the worst number you could have played in the past 5 months...followed by 10, which hit 15 times during the same period.

I'm still finding it difficult to understand what indicators you would look at to start prompting you to suddenly play losers like these more frequently, instead of hot numbers. But now that these losers did eventually end up becoming winners again, it is somewhat undeniable, at least in my eyes, that there is some worth in checking hot/cold number frequencies when choosing numbers.

According to Gail Howard's Logic, if the cold numbers start to Hit, more than once, then you start playing the previously Cold numbers, because they have broken their loosing streak, and could become Warm or even Hot numbers. 

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
      Member #65357
      September 25, 2008
      96 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2009, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

looks like u should play two hitting numbers (#'s from last three draws)

one absolute cold #

and a couple not from the previous lists

all of us have our methods, it's just trying to pick the right ones

which are the hard part.  (btw, everytime i notice a pattern like that, it completely changes.)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23274 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2009, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 5 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2009, 10:46 am - IP Logged

May I make a suggestion, one that I have not seen discussed much on this forum.  Why not track the number of times "cold" numbers hit versus the times they do not hit?  You can also do this for "hot" numbers (however you may define "hot" or "cold").

After tracking for several months, you might see a pattern emerge.  Then again you may not.  I really don't know.  If nothing else, you might notice how the patterns cycle.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2009, 8:03 am - IP Logged

So how do you interpret something like this? I call them "reset" drawings; like some people do triples.

Does this mean you "should" have been playing those cold/overdue numbers more frequently? But look how long it took to pay off. I mean...10, for example, could have remained a loser for another week. You "should" play whatever is goimg to come out. Clown The reason it's so noticeable is because it's so different from what usually happens.

And what were the chances that 3 losers would all come up together? Depends on how many total "losers" are around at any given moment.

Does this mean I should start playing 5 now? Can you handle the drawdown? Numbers can stay out (due) longer than you can stay in (playing). 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Inverness, Florida
              United States
              Member #65411
              September 26, 2008
              9 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2009, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Recoveryroad;

I sent you a private message.  Let me know if you received it.

Thanks.

Jubinas

Georgia
                United States
                Member #79361
                August 30, 2009
                93 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2009, 9:24 am - IP Logged

May I make a suggestion, one that I have not seen discussed much on this forum.  Why not track the number of times "cold" numbers hit versus the times they do not hit?  You can also do this for "hot" numbers (however you may define "hot" or "cold").

After tracking for several months, you might see a pattern emerge.  Then again you may not.  I really don't know.  If nothing else, you might notice how the patterns cycle.

That is  what I do.

I have a query of the number of days since each number hit and that history.

For example, today in GA FF, 39 is 30 days since.  It has gone 30 days in August and Sept, but in

the past 2 years no longer.  So it is due to play.  6 has also gone 30 days, but since the pot is

at the minimum I play one line.  I don't think both will hit at the same day, that is rare.

But now that I wrote that, it will.

Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #79361
                  August 30, 2009
                  93 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2009, 7:58 am - IP Logged

That is  what I do.

I have a query of the number of days since each number hit and that history.

For example, today in GA FF, 39 is 30 days since.  It has gone 30 days in August and Sept, but in

the past 2 years no longer.  So it is due to play.  6 has also gone 30 days, but since the pot is

at the minimum I play one line.  I don't think both will hit at the same day, that is rare.

But now that I wrote that, it will.

I played 39 last night and it came up.

It was the only thing that came up, but I was close on the others.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: December 21, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

11/12/09 7-10-14-20-26

11/13/09 8-9-13-16-35

11/14/09 10-13-20-22-29

If I was going to play cold numbers I may have played the 13 or 20 but not the 10. The interesting thing about tracking numbers is you begin to notice things like sometimes a number only hits about every 15 games or that some numbers overall are more consistent than others. I think that people who only play a "special set" of numbers should track all the numbers for a few months and then they would see why playing the same set of numbers isn't such a good idea.

I play Little Lotto 5/39 and if I think cold numbers are going to hit I like to choose numbers that have been out less than 20 games. Numbers that have been out more than 30 games I won't touch until they hit.

As far as indicators I like to look at the last 5-10 games, especially the last 5 games. If all the numbers especially in the last few games have ALL been out less than 10 games than I may play 2 or 3 cold numbers. If I see quite a few cold numbers have hit than I may only play numbers that have been out less than 10 games. The longer you track numbers I think the more comfortable you will be trying different things. The lottery is flexible...your style of play should be too.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10353 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't see what's so unbelivable about overdue numbers hitting, even if there were three of them.

Overdue is overdue.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

South Florida
                        United States
                        Member #82132
                        November 6, 2009
                        112 Posts
                        Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Well I started this thread back in November, when I still had doubts about using systems and historical analysis. After 3 months of playing every other day or so, I don't find anything unbelievable anymore when it comes to this, regardless of the numbers being overdue or hot. I just remember feeling "enlightened" to see actual proof that cold numbers really did eventually hit again, and became hot in the process, and that the lottery wasn't purely as random as I had once believed.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Many things are possible; some are more possible than others.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            Miami
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            673 Posts
                            Posted: December 26, 2009, 2:24 am - IP Logged

Many things are possible; some are more possible than others.

Preach!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #79361
                              August 30, 2009
                              93 Posts
                              Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

GA F5 has #6 at 40 days and #11 at 38 days.

In the game's history, numbers have only gone longer than 38 days 10 times.

So they have to hit soon.