Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: PB and MM in same states, numbers that you'll play

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by SmoothJuice.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Will you play the same numbers on both games?

That's my plan, my numbers. [ 2 ]  [20.00%]
Sometimes. [ 2 ]  [20.00%]
I'll QP one, and play those numbers on the other! [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
Can't wait to see Pumpis idea about this! [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
I play patterns, will use on both. [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
Numbers do travel, right? [ 1 ]  [10.00%]
Other [ 2 ]  [20.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 10 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2009, 12:48 am - IP Logged

If your state becomes one that has both Powerball and Mega Millions, will you play the same numbers on both games?

Of course, system players and those who track drawings won't do this, I'm thinking more those who play birthdays, anniversaries, "my numbers" and such.

Just curious. what say ye?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2009, 12:57 am - IP Logged

I was just thinking about this yesterday Coin Toss! LOL Part of me, thinks it wouldn't be such a bad idea, to just play the same numbers for both games. But then, another part of me, thinks I should come up with unique numbers for each game. What to do, what to do? Maybe, I'll do it sometimes? Well, at least, I have a couple of months to think about it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I chose other.

When MM comes to TN, I'll play 1 line of my numbers and one line of QP just as I do on PB now.

I'm already doing this now but next year I won't have to drive to VA for the MM.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3474 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2009, 2:38 am - IP Logged

If I'd been eating or drinking when I saw choice #4 my nose would hurt, and my monitor would be dirty.

As I already do if I find myself in a PB state, I'll play somewhat different numbers if and when it's available in NY. Also the same as now, I'll be somewhat annoyed if the numbers I play for one game come up in the other game.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2009, 8:37 am - IP Logged

If your state becomes one that has both Powerball and Mega Millions, will you play the same numbers on both games?

Of course, system players and those who track drawings won't do this, I'm thinking more those who play birthdays, anniversaries, "my numbers" and such.

I voted for #4 just because it made me laugh!

I'm assuming those states that will offer both games will eventually ditch their lotto games because players will opt for the higher jackpot games. It's going to be fun to see what happens when both jackpots are high and players won't be able to decide which game to play. There should be lots of confusion when players ask for PB tickets on MM drawing nights, and/or ask for the power play option on MM.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2009, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I  will add  different numbers for Powerball  if CA every jumps on the bandwagon.  I use my "life path" number and the variations of it.  Right now I can't add all my numbers since some of them are over 50.  And remember, I hate Mega Million (and the feeling seems mutual), so I have to use my special higher numers with Powerball.  I like that because most of my number wont fall in the  "birthday or anniversary" category.  Not a guaranteed win, my good odds of not sharing the jackpot.  Of course sharing 100 to 200 million would be okay.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2009, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

KYFloyd, Stack47,

Glad I could give you a giggle.

Floyd, I was on one board that called the soda or coffee going up your nose and sparying the screen a "sneezle", they even had an emoticon for it,, hilarious.

lottocalgal,

How about taking numbees over 50 and subtracting the highest matrix number form them, or reducing themto single digits.

Why 50 though, Mega goes to 56 now.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                CA
                United States
                Member #57222
                December 23, 2007
                587 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

KYFloyd, Stack47,

Glad I could give you a giggle.

Floyd, I was on one board that called the soda or coffee going up your nose and sparying the screen a "sneezle", they even had an emoticon for it,, hilarious.

lottocalgal,

How about taking numbees over 50 and subtracting the highest matrix number form them, or reducing themto single digits.

Why 50 though, Mega goes to 56 now.

Not fifty exactly but in the fifties.  My life path numbers is reduced to some singles and come doubles some of those numbers are in the fifties but  Since I hate Mega Million and Super lotto doesnt go that high I can't play them. I will have to wait till Powerball comes to Cali yeah!

pt109's avatar - lib
                  arkansas
                  United States
                  Member #82651
                  November 18, 2009
                  45 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2009, 12:51 am - IP Logged

I will chart the numbers for each one, and try not to mix them up.

United States
                    Member #54390
                    August 17, 2007
                    313 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2009, 3:17 am - IP Logged

I'm going to stop playing.  The new odds will be from ridiculous to extremely ridiculous/impossible.