Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

old lottario ticket

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ontario
Canada
Member #82690
November 19, 2009
2 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I just had my wallet returned. It was lost in 1986. Is it possible to claim any winnings, if any, from a lottario ticket that is that old ? If so how would I look up the winning numbers ?

Thanks  :  Gary

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm not sure how far back Lottery Post goes back

but your resuls are mabey here on the left

Lottery Results

And if it didn't win..........mabey re-play the numbers?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

If you had a winning ticket in your wallet from 1986, I doubt you are going to be able to claim any winnings from it. But, I guess it couldn't hurt to try.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #69849
        January 18, 2009
        15080 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2009, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I just had my wallet returned. It was lost in 1986. Is it possible to claim any winnings, if any, from a lottario ticket that is that old ? If so how would I look up the winning numbers ?

The person who had your wallet probably checked out the ticket and found out it wasn't a winner!!!

ontario
          Canada
          Member #82690
          November 19, 2009
          2 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

No: they just found it.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Santa Ana
            United States
            Member #71159
            February 20, 2009
            651 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2009, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

1st of all, congratulations on your wallet being returned after it was lost for approximately "23" years.  However, there could be a certain amount of time to claim a winning ticket and 23 years is a very long time to try to redeem a ticket.  Also, the game may not exist anymore.  I am very interested to know exactly how your wallet was suddenly returned to you after all this timeWhat?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2009, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Sorry Gary but after 12 months all unclaimed Lottario prizes are paid to the Provincial Government. That would really be a bummer if it's a winner. For your sake I hope it's a loser. That would be a lot easier to handle. It would be interesting to hear where your wallet was for 23 years.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                Miami, FLA
                United States
                Member #62793
                July 9, 2008
                678 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2009, 2:11 am - IP Logged

You'll probably get more money for it at a vintage thrift shop.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  51029 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2009, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Check with the Lottery: They will know the Numbers Drawn and the Rules that govern Claiming Prizes.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!