Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Skips Revisited.

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Patrick123.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Johannesburg
South Africa
Member #82674
November 19, 2009
10 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2009, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Good day ladies & gents,

I was reading through the various topics and only saw 2 or 3 relating to the skip count of the lottery numbers. I was actually surprised as to me this is the most important part to actually predicting the lotto.

I saw a thread asking if there was any analogy to the flipping of a coin compared to the lotto, the answer there was no, but I answer with a resounding YES!!  The skips form the common factor between the two. Please bear with me while I explain.

Taking the simple balanced coin. After 1000 flips, one would expect roughly a 50% Heads and a 50% Tails rate, so if I had to flip a coin a few times and show you the results, H,T,T,H H T H T T H H H H - If I had to ask you to place a bet now, it is virtually guaranteed that you will place your money on Tails. You have subconsciously worked the skip values out in your head. Taking the Tails to stand for a hit and Heads to stand for a skip, you worked out a skip sequence of 1,0,2,1,0,4. The median works out to 1, and, considering the last skip value is 4, the current sequence is already 3 coin tosses past the due median. This can be said to be equal to a 1/2 Lotto, now to expand this to a 6/49 lotto....

Keeping track of 49 skips nowadays is fairly easy utilising a spreadsheet or custom program, but the information is still quite erratic for us to really make any sense out of it. Our next step is to make this a bit easier for us to work with, so we incorporate pairs and triple combinations. These combinations are different in the sense that not both or all three numbers have to hit, just one of them is sufficient to qualify as a hit for that combination. Pairs now gives us 1176 combinations and Trips now gives us a staggering 18424 combinations to work with. The major advantage of this is that statistical medians and other information is much more consistent.

This plethora of information can swamp us... thank goodness for computers Big Smile By having a feature where we can now say, "give me a list of all the triples that have a median of 1 but are now 3 past their median" starts allowing number sets to shine through. Taking the concept that nature will usually always take the easy path to rebalance any oddities, if we get back 100 rows of which 70 of them contain the number 19, i is quite reasonable to say that if 19 is drawn, the system would have re-balanced easier it self compared to if 7,11,13 needed to be drawn.

Now usually the Lotto can be broken down into 3 distinct categories of balls. The Opening batsmen or Hot Numbers - these are the numbers that have been drawn within the last draw or 2. The Cold Numbers - these are numbers that have not appeared for a while but are now due, and the in-betweeners - the numbers that are touching their median to starting to exceed it. By being able to recognize the skip patterns that define the characteristics of these different groups, you are then able to isolate 2 or 3 balls from each group to create your winning ticket from.

This is the concept of how my WinnaLotto program works... the Lite version is free, grab a copy, there are a whole bunch of these filters with it the main ones and others that I call confirmers.

Regards

Patrick

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2009, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Good day ladies & gents,

I was reading through the various topics and only saw 2 or 3 relating to the skip count of the lottery numbers. I was actually surprised as to me this is the most important part to actually predicting the lotto.

I saw a thread asking if there was any analogy to the flipping of a coin compared to the lotto, the answer there was no, but I answer with a resounding YES!!  The skips form the common factor between the two. Please bear with me while I explain.

Taking the simple balanced coin. After 1000 flips, one would expect roughly a 50% Heads and a 50% Tails rate, so if I had to flip a coin a few times and show you the results, H,T,T,H H T H T T H H H H - If I had to ask you to place a bet now, it is virtually guaranteed that you will place your money on Tails. You have subconsciously worked the skip values out in your head. Taking the Tails to stand for a hit and Heads to stand for a skip, you worked out a skip sequence of 1,0,2,1,0,4. The median works out to 1, and, considering the last skip value is 4, the current sequence is already 3 coin tosses past the due median. This can be said to be equal to a 1/2 Lotto, now to expand this to a 6/49 lotto....

Keeping track of 49 skips nowadays is fairly easy utilising a spreadsheet or custom program, but the information is still quite erratic for us to really make any sense out of it. Our next step is to make this a bit easier for us to work with, so we incorporate pairs and triple combinations. These combinations are different in the sense that not both or all three numbers have to hit, just one of them is sufficient to qualify as a hit for that combination. Pairs now gives us 1176 combinations and Trips now gives us a staggering 18424 combinations to work with. The major advantage of this is that statistical medians and other information is much more consistent.

This plethora of information can swamp us... thank goodness for computers Big Smile By having a feature where we can now say, "give me a list of all the triples that have a median of 1 but are now 3 past their median" starts allowing number sets to shine through. Taking the concept that nature will usually always take the easy path to rebalance any oddities, if we get back 100 rows of which 70 of them contain the number 19, i is quite reasonable to say that if 19 is drawn, the system would have re-balanced easier it self compared to if 7,11,13 needed to be drawn.

Now usually the Lotto can be broken down into 3 distinct categories of balls. The Opening batsmen or Hot Numbers - these are the numbers that have been drawn within the last draw or 2. The Cold Numbers - these are numbers that have not appeared for a while but are now due, and the in-betweeners - the numbers that are touching their median to starting to exceed it. By being able to recognize the skip patterns that define the characteristics of these different groups, you are then able to isolate 2 or 3 balls from each group to create your winning ticket from.

This is the concept of how my WinnaLotto program works... the Lite version is free, grab a copy, there are a whole bunch of these filters with it the main ones and others that I call confirmers.

Regards

Patrick

So, this  explanation about SKIPS was to promote your FREE lottery software called Winnalotto, Lite version. 

How do you apply this Skip concept to the most recent Canada 6/49 drawing ?? 

on Sat. 11/21 =  18, 25, 35, 43, 46, 47  Bonus = 04

How can I apply this Skip Concept to the games that I do play ??? :

Powerball: Sat, 11/21 -   7, 26, 36, 49, 58  PB = 4

South Carolina: Palmetto Cash 5: Sat 11/21 -   2, 9, 20, 33, 35

North Carolina: Cash 5: Sun 11/22 -    18, 19, 22, 23, 30

Thanks.

Johannesburg
      South Africa
      Member #82674
      November 19, 2009
      10 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2009, 3:57 am - IP Logged

So, this  explanation about SKIPS was to promote your FREE lottery software called Winnalotto, Lite version. 

How do you apply this Skip concept to the most recent Canada 6/49 drawing ?? 

on Sat. 11/21 =  18, 25, 35, 43, 46, 47  Bonus = 04

How can I apply this Skip Concept to the games that I do play ??? :

Powerball: Sat, 11/21 -   7, 26, 36, 49, 58  PB = 4

South Carolina: Palmetto Cash 5: Sat 11/21 -   2, 9, 20, 33, 35

North Carolina: Cash 5: Sun 11/22 -    18, 19, 22, 23, 30

Thanks.

Hi destinycreation,
      If you don’t mind, I’ve used the South Carolina Palmetto Cash 5 for my example as that was the easiest for me to get a bit of historical data for. I have the last 230 draws that I’m using.

Winnalotto with Palmetto Cash 5 data

In this example, I am using one of the filters called ExceedSkip . Essentially the criteria for this filter states that I want a list of the triple combinations that have not exceeded a skip value of 3 for at least the last 26 skip values and whose current skip value is now equal to 1.

Since the median of these skip values are 1, this implies that these tiple combos are about to exceed their median the bottom box shows the skip history for the currently selected triple (14,20,28). I assume that the combo is relatively stable since the skip value has not exceeded 3 for at least 26 draws, It is now currently on 1 which means it's going to become a 2 if it hits or worst case scenario, it will hit the next round to make a 3.

Inspecting the all the rows, 14, 20 and 28 occur the most common, so these would be included in my hotlist of numbers, using other filters, if any of these numbers stood out again, I'd then have confirmation to be more cofident about using that number.

As I have not been following you lotto, there may be other filters that could work better, this lot we built up mainly for the 6/49 game.

Regards

Patrick

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1704 Posts
        Posted: November 24, 2009, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi destinycreation,
        If you don’t mind, I’ve used the South Carolina Palmetto Cash 5 for my example as that was the easiest for me to get a bit of historical data for. I have the last 230 draws that I’m using.

Winnalotto with Palmetto Cash 5 data

In this example, I am using one of the filters called ExceedSkip . Essentially the criteria for this filter states that I want a list of the triple combinations that have not exceeded a skip value of 3 for at least the last 26 skip values and whose current skip value is now equal to 1.

Since the median of these skip values are 1, this implies that these tiple combos are about to exceed their median the bottom box shows the skip history for the currently selected triple (14,20,28). I assume that the combo is relatively stable since the skip value has not exceeded 3 for at least 26 draws, It is now currently on 1 which means it's going to become a 2 if it hits or worst case scenario, it will hit the next round to make a 3.

Inspecting the all the rows, 14, 20 and 28 occur the most common, so these would be included in my hotlist of numbers, using other filters, if any of these numbers stood out again, I'd then have confirmation to be more cofident about using that number.

As I have not been following you lotto, there may be other filters that could work better, this lot we built up mainly for the 6/49 game.

Regards

Patrick

Patrick123, thank you for responding, but for some reason your Chart did not post to the forum.  However, strangely enough, I can see your chart as I am posting this reply.  You might need to consult with Todd about how to make this chart visible in the forum.

rexee's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

South Africa
          Member #82555
          November 16, 2009
          14 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2009, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

chart is showing fine for me....

NEVER SAY NEVER....

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1704 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Patrick123, Thank you for figuring out how to get your Chart posted to the forum (it originally did not post).

Johannesburg
              South Africa
              Member #82674
              November 19, 2009
              10 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2009, 6:41 am - IP Logged

Patrick123, Thank you for figuring out how to get your Chart posted to the forum (it originally did not post).

Hi destinycreation,

I must admit, I did nothing after the original upload. I noticed I could not see it via Firefox, but it displayed correctly in Internet ExplorerWhat?

Anyway, the above set of filters produced 3 of the required numbers - Hindsight is always 20/20... but it does start giving us an idea what works and what does not. The program was also starting to show the numbers 9 and 14 quite predominantly. I've updated my draws until November 24th and using the same set of filters, these are now the numbers that are starting to show: 37,28,30,16 and to a lesser extent 18,10.

Regards

Patrick

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2009, 9:23 am - IP Logged

Patric123,

How about a white paper on how the software is used? Lists of functions, how their used. Basic operation information.

In short can we see the documentation first and if so where? You can PM me if what I am asking for is available

WITHOUT the Program. 

I want to read all about it before I start looking at screenshots. I want to see if I can understand what it does and how it is used first,. The GUI is nice. You must have had a plan to design the software and it has some slick features but how do I know that? From a screenshot of a sexy GUI? Can I have a look at the complete owners manual first? Scatterd help topics are not a manual so please PM me with the link to your manual.

BTW, it does look sexy,....now where's the brains behind it?

Thank you,

DD

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2009, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Patric123,

Found your site. The manual is a zipped file that cannot be opened by my OS, Vista. Any solutions?

DD

Johannesburg
                    South Africa
                    Member #82674
                    November 19, 2009
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2009, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Patric123,

Found your site. The manual is a zipped file that cannot be opened by my OS, Vista. Any solutions?

DD

Hi Delta Draw

I'll PM you the address where you can peruse an online version of the documentation.

At this stage I'm still trying to transcribe most of the conversations that took place on the original lotto forum that led to the program's creation and expansion. I usually try to make at least 2 or 3 hours a week to complete this task as there are a few sections that are still a little vague.

Regards

Patrick

United States
                      Member #81843
                      October 31, 2009
                      856 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2009, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Very Good Patric,

A work in progress I can understand. Met some nice folks from SA last summer in Alaska. We had wonderful conversations.

keep up the good work and thank you for the documentation. Your the real deal!

DD

Philippines
                        Member #67927
                        December 8, 2008
                        67 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

hello im intersted in your program. i just have a question will this also work for pick 3 and 4 games? tnx alot sir. :)

Johannesburg
                          South Africa
                          Member #82674
                          November 19, 2009
                          10 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2009, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Very Good Patric,

A work in progress I can understand. Met some nice folks from SA last summer in Alaska. We had wonderful conversations.

keep up the good work and thank you for the documentation. Your the real deal!

DD

Hi Delta Draw,

Thank you for your vote of confidence and I will ensure I stick to your expectations.

Another feature I'd like to talk about, is the Confidence Percentage that is shown in the program. I have now filtered all the trips with a column filter and have some rows that are shown.

One of the row's unsorted skips:

1 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 2 2 0 0 0 3 2 0 3 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 9 0 0 2 3 3 0 1 3 0 0 2 7 4 1 1 1 0 3 16 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 3 0 2 3 0 3 0 1 1 6 0 1 3 6 0 0 0 0 4 2 3 2 1 6 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 2 2 1 3 0 0 2 7 1 3 0 3 1 1 8 3 0 2 0 1 3 4 0 1 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 1 9 0 1 4 0 2 2 4 3 0 1 1 3 5 4 5 0 0 2 0 0 0 6 1 7 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 3 0 0 2 2

This gives me a good idea how this triple set has been performing, I can see that recently when it hits, it can hit up to 4 times in a row, but the last few draws it has hit only every alternate row, could mean that the set is starting to cool again.

When  I click the Sorted option:

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 > 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 < 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 9 9 16

Percentage: 51/59  -  86.44%

I know the skip median is 1 ( shown for the row), the triple set's skip is currently on 1 and the next draw is going to change it to a 2. Counting the next 4 skip count values, these consist of the 2's,3's,4's and 5's, there are 59 of these, the 2's and 3's make up 51 of them so it now becomes reasonable to say that this triple set has an 86.44% chance of hitting within the next draw or 2 Wink

I hope this adds some extra arsenal in your repetoire of tools for cracking the big one.

Regards

Patrick

Johannesburg
                            South Africa
                            Member #82674
                            November 19, 2009
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2009, 3:00 am - IP Logged

hello im intersted in your program. i just have a question will this also work for pick 3 and 4 games? tnx alot sir. :)

Hi jester001,

Unfortunately as it stands it won't work, It was basically only designed for games where there are no repeating numbers or a zero.

What might work... I'll have to do a couple of tests... is to add the position of the digit to each digit... thus a draw of 374 could turn into 13 - 27-34...

Thanks jester001 for the epiphany Banana Give me a few days to download a history file, run some tests and I'll give you feedback.

Regards

Patrick

Philippines
                              Member #67927
                              December 8, 2008
                              67 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2009, 11:09 am - IP Logged

hello, its ok. im actually doing that right now in another software. i convertered the number 0-9 for the first position to 10-19 and then the second position to 20-29, and the third to 31-39. so ill just also convert the numbers and see what will happen. :)